Summer Infant, one of the top distributors of kids’ health, safety, and wellness products, announces the long anticipated in-store arrival of their newest product, the Prodigy™ Infant Car Seat™ and Travel System.
The rear-facing Prodigy Infant Car Seat and base includes three key innovative features:
• SmartScreen™ technology located on the base. This SmartScreen provides clear, step-by-step instructions that guide parents through a simple process to correctly level and tighten the base. It also provides visual confirmation – via a smiling face – when each installation step is completed properly. No more stressing out, wondering if you have the base level and hoping it’s safe!
• Easy-to-use belt tightening system that firmly fastens the base to the car. By simplifying the installation process even further, the Prodigy eliminates the guesswork for parents and electronically ensures a proper fit every time. The base also includes a test button parents can press at a recommended 30-day interval, to make sure the seat is still installed correctly. WHERE has this been all of my life?
• SafeGuard™ 1Adjust™ harness system. This system allows parents to easily adjust the harness straps with just one hand – to quickly and correctly fit the straps to the child without rethreading. Regardless of a child’s growth or seasonal clothing, the harness straps easily retract around baby for a perfect fit every ride. THIS is one of my biggest complaints about car seats – how difficult it is to get those straps JUST right, especially for those of us who live in states with four seasons! There is a constant fluctuation in the amount of layers our babies wear, therefore making it incredibly frustrating to try to keep those straps at a proper fit! The Prodigy eliminates that frustration!
The Prodigy car seat accommodates infants 4 to 32 pounds and up to 32 inches in length. It also features a removable newborn body insert and head support to cradle baby and can also be purchased with a full-featured stroller as a travel system.
• Removable newborn inserts for smaller babies
• 4-Position Recline Adjustment
• 3-Position Handle
• Install with LATCH or Vehicle Seat Belt
• 5-Point Harness
• 2 Buckle Positions
• Adjustable Canopy
• EPS energy-absorbing foam for increased safety and comfort
The Prodigy Infant Car Seat is winning awards already! It won the prestigious JPMA Innovation Award from the leading juvenile association as well as the Parent Tested Parent Approved award as well! After using this amazing new seat, I can see why!
To get a GREAT look at this innovative car seat and how the key features work, check out this super quick (and adorable) video!
The Prodigy™ Infant Car Seat and Travel System can be purchased as a standalone car seat with base (SRP $179.99) base only (SRP$89.99), travel system (SRP $329.99) or as a standalone stroller (SRP $169.99).
BabyRazzi on Twitter!