We have another product recall involving expanding beads! This recall is for 3,500 of Eco-Novelty’s Jumbo Size and Jumbo Multipurpose Cosmo Beads for serious ingestion hazard.
From the CPSC: The hard and colorful toy can be easily mistaken for candy by a child. When the bead is ingested, it expands and can cause intestinal obstructions inside a child’s body, resulting in severe discomfort, vomiting, dehydration and could be life threatening. The toys need surgery to be removed from the body. Similar toys have not shown up on x-rays.
No injuries have been reported, but the CPSC is aware of one incident where an 8-month-old girl ingested a similar water-absorbing polymer ball that had to be surgically removed.
The company is offering refunds and can be contacted at (231) 222-4200 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.