Grammar books can be often dry and boring, but with TIME For Kids’ newest book…Grammar Rules!, learning grammar has never been more fun.
Grammar Rules! is packed with hilarious examples and fun visuals, including word games and mazes, to help youngsters ages 8 through 12 learn the ins and outs of grammar. This fun resource begins with basics like spelling, commonly misused words, and tips to aid memory, then moves on to punctuation, parts of speech, and common grammatical mistakes.
Grammar Rules! is divided into five sections:
· Parts of Speech – Words play different roles in a sentence. And parts of speech—like nouns, pronouns, verbs, and conjunctions—tell us what those roles are. When you understand parts of speech, you understand how words fit together to make sense in a sentence.
· Crafting an Expert Sentence – Sentences are the building blocks of language. We express our ideas through sentences when we speak and write.
· Use the Correct Word Every Time – Your writing can be only as good as the words you use, and choosing the right words can be a challenge. This section will help you choose the right words and spell them correctly every time.
· Punctuation – Some punctuation rules are easy to remember, like whether to use a period or a question mark at the end of a sentence. Other punctuation rules can be confusing, like whether to use a comma in a sentence.
· Ready to Write – Writing is a way to share useful information. It’s also a way to communicate your thoughts and feelings. Do you want to know the secret to becoming a better writer? Write, write, and write some more! Begin a journal. Write long letters to friends and family members. Take lots of notes during class. Start a blog.
The book is available now!