For the last few years, Fantasy Fame Game has been tracking celebrity news and gossip sites and looking at which celeb gets the most media attention, and when. They just finished an end of the year report that has some pretty interesting stats.
They break down these categories, among others:
· Top 25 celebrities based on total media attention
· Top 5 celebrities based on daily news cycle wins
· All celebrities who won only 1 daily news cycle (there were 23 of them!)
It’s interesting that the top overall celebs (Rihanna and Kim) didn’t win as many days as some of the other celebs, which suggests that they are pretty good at always being in the news. On the other hand, it looks like when Kristen Stewart and Lindsay Lohan are in the news, they generally sit on top of the celebrity news cycle. Here are a few of the overall findings in the report.
- Rihanna was the top overall celebrity of the year based on total headlines and articles that reference her.
- Kristen Stewart won the most overall days of any celebrity of the year.
- The 2011 winner, Charlie Sheen, doesn’t even crack the top 25 of 2012.
- The top 25 celebrities of the year received about 22% of the total media attention (of the top 1000 celebrities.