As a mom who had ZERO experience in “baby wearing”, I was intrigued to test out the new Britax Baby Carrier. I have so many friends and family members who use slings and carriers and they all rave about the ease and comfort of it. And they weren’t kidding! I can’t tell you how many backaches I could’ve saved myself if I had taken the plunge sooner.
The new Britax Baby Carrier features the ‘CarryLong’ System, which has been engineered to provide maximum comfort – suffering less from common back and shoulder pain – when carrying your child for a long period of time. The padded waist belt and shoulder straps and the overall design help distribute the weight evenly across your shoulders, back, and hips. Our little guy is 15 months and is a sturdy fella at 22 lbs, so I wasn’t sure how comfortable it would be to test this out on him. I was amazed at how comfortable it was. Not doing my standard (and painful) hip carry was a dream. And even though he’d never been in a “contraption” like this before, he loved it!
The Britax Baby Carrier, which has become a favorite of celebrity parents, also boasts some amazing features, such as generous weight limits of 8-32 lbs, plus:
* Multiple Carrying Positions offer parent versatility to face baby inward or outward
* Padded Leg Openings protect baby’s legs
* Open and Contoured Design for breathability and temperature management
* Simple Slip On & Off Design makes use quick and effortless
* One-Handed Buckles and Snaps allow you to get your child in and out of the carrier easily
* Harness Straps adjust from front of carrier for proper customized fit
* Easy-Adjust Waist Belt accommodates 22 inches to 56 inches for the perfect fit
* Excess Belt Storage Bands eliminate loose straps
* Machine Washable for easy cleaning
* 100% Cotton Machine Washable Bib (included) protects carrier from stains
* Adjustable Head Support provides head and neck stability for younger infants
* Leg Loops reduce the size of leg openings for 8-11 pound infants for secure fit
* Secure Harness and Pouch Design ensures that baby will stay securely within the carrier
* Exceeds all ASTM F2236-09a and CPSIA requirements
* JPMA certified
* MSRP (USD) $129.99
There is an optional seat extender that you can purchase as well, for an additional cost ($24.99). The Seat Extender Insert is a removable support that provides a wider seating area by cradling your baby’s bottom and thighs, which allows your child to wrap or splay their legs around your waist when facing inward through the entire use of the carrier. This supports a wide, spread squatting position for your child and enhanced longer-wearing comfort for you through balanced weight distribution.
Britax even has a terrific video so you can see it in action for yourself!
The Britax Baby Carrier is available at Target.com and BabiesRUs.com.
*sample provided for review
BabyRazzi on Twitter!