The Brangelina Jolie-Pitt hands-across-the-world clan:
Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt
- Maddox Chivan Jolie-Pitt – adopted Cambodia
- Zahara Marley Jolie-Pitt – adopted Ethiopia
- Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt – biological, Namibian passport
- Pax Thien Jolie-Pitt – adopted Vietnam
- Knox Leon and Vivienne Marcheline Jolie-Pitt – biological twins, born in France
A little more history:
1) On March 10, 2002, Jolie adopted her first child, seven-month-old Maddox Chivan. He was born on August 5, 2001 as Rath Vibol in Cambodia, and he initially lived in a local orphanage in Battambang.
2) Jolie adopted a six-month-old girl from Ethiopia, Zahara Marley, on July 6, 2005. Zahara was born on January 8, 2005. She was originally named Yemsrach by her mother, and was later given the legal name Tena Adam at an orphanage.
Brad Pitt was reportedly present when Jolie signed the adoption papers and collected her daughter; later Jolie indicated that she and Pitt made the decision to adopt Zahara together. On January 19, 2006 a judge in California approved Pitt’s request to legally adopt Jolie’s two children. Their surnames were formally changed to “Jolie-Pitt”.
3) Jolie gave birth to a daughter, Shiloh Nouvel, in Swakopmund, Namibia, by a scheduled caesarean section, on May 27, 2006. Pitt confirmed that their newly-born daughter would have a Namibian passport.
4) On March 15, 2007, Jolie adopted a three-year-old boy from Vietnam, Pax Thien, was born on November 29, 2003 and abandoned at birth at a local hospital, where he was initially named Pham Quang Sang.
5 & 6) Jolie gave birth to twins, a boy, Knox Léon, and a girl, Vivienne Marcheline, by caesarean section at the Lenval hospital in Nice, France, on July 12, 2008. The rights for the first images of Knox and Vivienne were jointly sold to People and Hello! for $14 million—the most expensive celebrity pictures ever taken. The money went to the Jolie/Pitt Foundation.