Celine Dion Pregnant With Twins Via IVF & Exclaims "There Are No Accomplishments Bigger Than Motherhood!"

A rep for Celine Dion confirmed that she is pregnant with twins!
Celine and manager husband Rene Angelil, 68, “are both extremely excited. But really, since this was the sixth time, they just want a healthy pregnancy,” the rep added.
Celine is 14 weeks along, and will find out the gender of their babies next month. The babies are due in November. The babies will join big brother Rene-Charles, 9. Rene-Charles was also conceived by in vitro after six years of trying. Last year, Celine revealed to Oprah Winfrey that she had suffered a miscarriage after another IVF attempt. “We’re living the reality of the majority of couples who face these procreation techniques,” her husband told a French-Canadian newspaper in November.
Celine had just recently spoke to Us Weekly, before learning of her pregnancy. “We are doing IVF and hoping for the best, ” Celine shared. “My greatest joy would be to announce I’m pregnant!”
And even though she is only 14 weeks along, she feels like she has been pregnant for much longer.
“I feel like I’ve been pregnant more than a year,” Celine shared with French paper Le Journal de Montreal.

“I never gave up,” Celine said. “But I can tell you that it was physically and mentally exhausting.”

Her husband added, “these treatments were truly hard on my wife’s body. It wasn’t simple at all.”

Celine admitted that she was a nervous wreck as they waited for the pregnancy to hold. “My doctors had to constantly reassure me…Each week I had sonograms. I heard their heart beats.”

And now, she’ll do whatever doctors tell her in order to keep her babies safe. “It’s stressful but I’m relaxing. I look at my little belly. I do almost nothing,” she said. “If you tell me I have to stay in bed, I will stay in bed until November, when the babies are born. To bring them into the world, there’s nothing more important than that. It’s incredible.”

“There are no accomplishments bigger than” motherhood, she said. “The trophies and money, that doesn’t give meaning to live and that doesn’t give you true happiness…a baby — yes.”

After learning of their baby joy Celine and her husband were ecstatic!

“There truly great emotions after all our efforts,” she gushed.

Best Wishes!

1. Elsje says

You know people can be funny!!!!I love Celine,even my baby girl name is Celine,with her energy she ALWAYS give,had give me hope,what does it matter how old you are?
    You still will be what you are,people that thinks their lifes are SO perfect,please go and sit and think
    YOU all are going to get old and die!!!So happyniss is once in your life,if you life,sick ore well the same is
    HowGoing to happen no matter what all the foolish people say above?thankfully GOD made good in bad aswell,like if you were sick in anyway,you can get well!
    I just wonder of all the people that has a comment on sickness and your age,if you were in their shoes,and GOD give a child to you,will you go for abortion ore feel
    Blessfull like I know Celine and her husband does,that’s were the saying comes in “be thankfull for what you have”
    No one is GOD and deside what must happen to whom in this world!what if you all get sick that has jelousy and unthankfulniss?
    I know a lot of Celine,her husband and their lifes,from when they were small children,and I can bet that all the bad things said here above is people that
    Don’t even know what lifes they had before what they have now?so Celine all the best for your whole family and the little ones that’s on their way!!!
    And please poeple life is short,feel blessfull and thankfull for EVERYTHING

2. Nilo♥far says

I said “Most” cancers, not all of ’em. Since my grandma’s cancer appeared again and many other people, it’s a fact.
    And I’m so happy you’re completely alright, don’t be sad I’m not a doctor! Just told my opinion.

3. Granny says

#18. Wow, since my cancer was “cured” in 2000, I am saddened to know that I probably not completely cured.

I don’t know too many people or anybody who has ever said, I’d rather not have been born than have been born to older parents. And my grandmothers died at ages 29 and 50 so young parents don’t guarantee you’ll have them a long time.

I was selfish too. I wanted to enjoy my children

4. Tia :) says

Congrats to Celine and Rene!! Excellent news!

on a side note, some of you people need to take a chill pill…holy jeeze!

5. Kate says

well i wish them all the best regardless.a child is a blessing no matter what the circumstances, and im sure their parents will be very loving and doting to them.

6. Nilo♥far says

Most cancers won’t be cured easily and completely. They’re likely to appear some years later again. The kids will lose their father soon, even if he be perfectly healthy upto the end of his lifetime. He’s so selfish, he just wants to enjoy the few years later that he’s gonna be alive with his kids and don’t think about those so many years that they’re going to live without him. I’m not saying that they “can’t” live without him or it’s going to be difficult for them and they will suffer of not having father “alot”. But why they should be denied of having father at young age when having him could be highly probable then?

7. Ellie says

He HAD cancer, was cured some years back, no reason why he wouldn’t be perfectly healthy now. Yes, his kids might lose their father at a relatively young age, but kids lose parents at all ages for all number of reasons. Celine is still young enough to have children and will most likely still be around when they get to 40 or older. I think it’s great that their son will finally have siblings, congrats to them all.

8. jello says

I am so happy for Celine and her family! YAY for them. Who cares about the age of her husband. Their children will be blessed for sure. Someone else commented that kids don’t care about their parents age. I AGREE!

9. Nilo♥far says

Cindy – As far as I know he had cancer, so I don’t think he’s healthy! The twins probably won’t have father when they’re still child or will have a sick father who needs too much care! It might be the same about Celine too!

10. Nilo♥far says

We don’t have to say something “nice”, Tia! We comment to state our opinion whether it’s nice or not. If you’re really dying for something nice to read don’t read my posts from now on cause I rarely have something nice to say!

11. Cindy says

That is a very good point, Kate. Still, if the father is healthy he could live until the children are well into their 20’s. It’s never a good time to lose a parent, but at least it won’t happen to these children while they are still totally dependent.

12. Kate says

It’s not what thier children think about their parents age thats the problem. It’s just that they will likely lose their parents at a relatively young age. The father is 68 years old before the babies are even born.

13. Cindy says

I am not really sure what the problem is with their age. Kids could give two sh*ts about their parents age. As far as not having energy to keep up, who cares. That’s what friends and other family members are for. Anyway, just my opinion. Oh and I have another opinion – I think Celine is arrogant which takes away from her incredible talent. It’s too bad. (yes, I’m a hater too). Oh and I am with Scarlett – if you don’t like my opinion, BITE ME.

14. Tia says

While, their age does suck, I say WHO CARES and TO EACH HIS OWN to all the “haters”… if you don’t have something nice to say, keep it to yourself!

Congrats Celine!!

15. Nilo♥far says

You’ve hit the nail on the head Scarlett, excatly my thoughts! The baby will be born to OLD parents, I just find this so selfish they just care about themselves, so sorry for them. Poor baby. It is selfish to have a child so late in life.
    Her husband already looks like he could be her father then how he will look compared to his kid? GRAND-FATHER!

16. scarlett says

GROSS..Selfish…My god her husband is 67years old. Why bring a child into the world that will obviously grow up with only a mother. Heck Celine will be pushing a baby stroller and a wheelchair for her husband. If don’t like my opinion. BITE ME…

17. Jayne says

Congratulations to Celine and her family!! I wish her much happiness! She seems like a very nice woman whenever I see her on the t.v.

18. Jemma says

Celine is great! I’m so happy that she is finally pregnant. Hopefully everything goes well!

Congratulations to her and all the family 🙂

1. […] Celine Dion Pregnant With Twins Via IVF & Exclaims "There Are No Accomplishments Bigger Tha… – Celine, 42, underwent her sixth in-vitro fertilization attempt, staying in New York City for a month and also undergoing acupuncture treatments — “and it worked!” the rep shared. Celine and manager husband Rene Angelil, 68, “are both extremely … […]