Jessica Alba's Trainer Shares How She Got In Shape After Baby

According to star trainer Ramona Braganza – who whipped Jessica Alba into shape after she gave birth to Honor – the key to shedding pregnancy pounds is setting goals.

Jessica “trained six days a week and used a heart-rate monitor that included calorie counting. One of our goals was to see if we could burn 500 calories in a workout,” said Ramona of Jessica, 28, who was voted “Best Post-Baby Body” in UsMagazine.com and Gold’s Gym’s first-ever Hollywood’s Hottest Bodies Awards.

But you have to start slow. Jessica hit the gym just two weeks after giving birth (a doctor okayed it) with 20-minute workouts for the first few weeks, which she gradually increased to an hour after two to three months, Ramona said.

Ramona created a circuit-training program for Jessica “to keep [the workout] from getting boring,” she shared. Below, a few of her moves, which she recommends doing back-to-back to keep your heart rate up:

1. 10-Minute Cardio Blast: Walk at a 2.0 incline on a treadmill for a minute or two to warm up, then add a light jog.

2. Single-Leg Lunge: While holding a 10 to 12-pound weight in each hand, put one foot on a workout bench behind you while keeping the other on the floor and lunge down. Repeat 10 to 12 reps. Switch to other leg and repeat.

3. Chest Press: Lie faceup on a bench. Holding a 10 to 12-pound weight in each hand, extend arms upwards and toward each other. Do 10 to 12 reps.

4. Tricep-dip: Stand in front of a workout bench, and place hands on bench with your legs straight out in front of you. Lower your body into a dip, supporting your body weight with your upper arms, then straighten arms to rise back up. Repeat 10 to 12 times.

5. Core work: Rest your back on an exercise ball and do 30 crunches.

Repeat the entire circuit three times. Do these series of movements three times per week.

Comments

1. Dnice says

She looks good I just think she is boring as all outdoors. She’s never been a great actress and it doesn’t seem like she is concerned about gaining any depth as one.

Being a celebrity mother, you really have to balance yourself, your career, and your family, especially your kids. And I think Jessica really does a great job on doing these things. Her body is really amazing now, and did she really give birth just a few months ago? Oh yeah, she’s oozing again. Welcome back to your body shape, but I hope you’d give the same efforts to Honor as what you gave in getting back that figure.

3. Granny says

The second pic doesn’t even look like her. The face seems all wrong. Is it maybe photoshopped.

4. Niloo-far says

Celebrity-babies.com – Ha ha jealous much?? I’m completely SLIM if you really wanna know. Being unfit sounds really bad and not to be able to lose all those things is way worse!

This website has really gone downhill. Not on top of things at all, and definitely needs more up to date news, and pictures!

6. Niloo-far says

7. Niloo(far) says

8. Niloo(far) says

LMAO, sorry for reminding that! Being unfit sounds really difficult and not to be able to lose them is way worse!
    And I’m already SLIM if you really wanna know.

9. celebrity-babies.com says

hell naw i dont look nothing like a supermodel i got my booty, thighs and my chest and im lovin all my curves!! i wouldnt lose it if they paid me! So go eat a cracker for the day so u could get skinny like the supermodel NIlofaar
    Dang, who are you?
    Jessica Alba’s private attouney or something??
    Dont like my comment dont read it! simple.

10. Niloo-far says

She looks GREAT…. LOVE HER
    #1 would like to see your figure! I’m sure you look like supermodels! Too bad you’re not celeb so you can’t show your body off…LOL

11. Niloo-far says