Sarah Palin and her daughter Bristol opened up to In Touch Weekly about the drama that has plagued the Palin family over the last year, Bristol’s split from Levi Johnston and how she and Grandma Sarah have dealt with raising Bristol’s son Tripp.

In the interview Bristol explains one of her lowest moments, following her split from Levi Johnston.

“I was just rocking Tripp to sleep because he had been screaming for so long. I was just like, ‘What am I going to do? This is as bad as it gets,” she told In Touch.

Through it all, Bristol has relied on her family, namely her mom Sarah. Sarah has helped and comforted Bristol.

After all, no one can better understand the complicated decision to have a baby under difficult circumstances. Just a year earlier, at the age of 44, Sarah carried her son Trig to term, even though she was told during a sonogram that he would be born with Down syndrome. Now, the mother and daughter are sharing a unique experience— raising baby boys together under the same roof.

“The last few years have been unreal and surreal,” Sarah said to In Touch.

For more on the exclusive interview and photo spread, pick up this week’s In Touch Weekly!

Comments

1. Mari says

Trish- I agree! This used to be a great site to come to! Unfortunately, it’s not so great anymore and it’s a bummer to come on every few days and see the same old news up.

2. Jesus H Christ says

That has got to be one of the fugliest babies ever! Looks just like the mom. Sara’s baby is much cuter.

BTW I think it is just too frickin weird that the son’s uncle is only like a year older than him!

3. Tia :) says

I cannot get over the names of these kids- Bristol, Tripp and Trig??? WTF is wrong with these people?

4. Amber says

I doubt that she did because I think that she believes in abstinence only, which is a joke, obviously.

5. TMcGill says

I respect the decisions they both made, and admire their committment to family.

However, you’ve got to wonder if she counseled Bristol on the physical, emotional and financial consequences of have sex at such a young age. If not, why not?

6. susus says

Good for her for having the kid. But that does not change the fact that she is a complete attention seeking moron.

Well done, what an inspiring post and i totally agree with the previous post, downs syndrome deserves more support and recognition.

8. babyrazzi junkie says

Good for them for choosing life!!! To quote a sign I read on the highway, “Down Syndrome doesn’t discriminate….Do you?”