Nicole Richie & Joel Madden Introduce Sparrow!

sparrow

Six weeks after welcoming their first son, Nicole Richie and Joel Madden are showing off the latest addition to their family, Sparrow James Midnight Madden! Sparrow joins 21-month-old big sister Harlow.

“I couldn’t be happier,” Nicole told People magazine. “The only thing you want is for your kids to be healthy and happy, and they are. I’m right where I belong.”

In an interview at their home in Laurel Canyon in Los Angeles, Nicole, 28, and boyfriend Joel, 30, said they are deprived of sleep, but grateful their daughter Harlow is now fawning over a baby brother.

“I’m glad I had a girl before I had a boy,” said Nicole. “She just loves him so much.” Added Joel, “She’s very gentle with him.”

For much more on Nicole and Joel’s expanding family — including the decision to name their baby boy Sparrow, how Richie’s second pregnancy was different from her first, and how she’s losing her baby weight — pick up the latest issue of People magazine, on newsstands Friday.

Comments

1. Dreamer says

I do get it everynight and I’m not afraid to admit it! If so called ‘children’ that come to this site, can’t handle that then that’s not my problem!

Have a good day all 😀

2. joueala says

harlow isnt that cute when she waas still as old as sparrow..but when harlow was in this age, she’s cuter than sparrow..but sparrow’s handsome..

3. Glamour says

I still don’t understand how a person like her gets to be on the front cover of People Magazine. Who is she? She’s a NOBODY. The only thing that she’s known for is being a former drug addict, alcoholic and now had 2 illegitimate kids out of wedlock. So why is she on the cover of People? Come down to the hood of NYC and I will show you a bunch of people like that, yet they’re not of covers of magazines. I don’t get it. And people are praising her – morals and values are at an all time low nowadays.

4. Neveah says

right dreamer this is apublic site that kids come onto that is very inappropriate languge. and it was so not necessary. Not to mention the fact that u sound like a child talking about getting something everynight .SHAME ON U

5. Dreamer says

I personally don’t give a rat’s azz about getting married, I’m happy with my boyfriends P.enis I get every night, thats enough for me.

6. Dnice says

Strolling down the ailse is not every woman’s ultimate fantasy. I personally have no desire to marry or give a flip about buying a dressor the whole hoopla. I love my boyfriend and we’re perfectly content with how our lives are. It just seems like marriage changes couples for the worse. Not to mention that over 60% of marriages these days end in divorce. They obviously love each other and the kids seem happy and healthy. That’s all that really matters. If they feel the need to get married I’m sure they will.

7. Niloofar says

Glad you’re doing well at school, Jess 🙂 just take care of yourself in this cold weather!

Jk – Wow so defensive! I think Warm is right, they should focus on getting married instead of producing illegitimate kids.

8. boo says

Why on Earth should they get married before having anymore children?? They already have 2 children together, and as it would appear seem to be doing great and still as much in Love today as they were a few years ago!! I don’t think a piece of paper signifying them as Husband and Wife is going to change that!! If they want more children and Never get married… more power to them!!

9. jk says

Warm – maybe you should think about minding your own business. Marriage is their decision not yours.

10. Niloofar says

I’m doing great, everything’s ok…And hey, I try to support Man utd these days too…haha
    Have a good cold day! 🙂

11. it's*me says

The family pic is sooo beautiful. They’re such a cute family. In my opinion Sparrow is a mini-Joel. Sweet little Harlow can not be topped 😉

12. Dnice says

Not sure what everyone is talking about. I think little Sparrow is adorable. He looks just like Joel. I saw the family pic yesterday. So cute. Harlow looks exactly like Nicole did at that age. Cute family. Glad Nicole has found happiness and stability in her family.

13. Dnice says

Not sure what everyone is talking about. I think little Sparrow is adorable. He looks just like Joel. I saw the family pic on another site yesterday. So cute. Harlow looks exactly like Nicole did at that age. Cute family. Glad Nicole has found happiness and stability in her family.

14. Niloofar says

The pic is sooo cute and sweet 🙂
    I think it’s early to say he’s cute or not! but in my idea, he’ll be a cutie like Harlow…

Hi Jess, what’s up? how’s school? hope you’re doing well like me! =)

i think he looks more like his mum. James Midnight Madden would have been a great name i love that James Midnight Madden! it sounds great