Katie Holmes: "My Family Is My World"

katiecoveropt

Katie Holmes, 30, opened up in the November issue of Elle magazine about the importance of family. Katie is not your typical “Hollywood mom!”

On family life: “In my own life, my whole world really revolves around family. I do what I need to do, but it’s like, ‘How is everybody else doing?’ And it’s wonderful for me as an actress to put some of that into a character.”

On life as a working mom on the Broadway set of All My Sons: “Suri would sit in my lap in the makeup chair. She’d hand the wig lady the bobby pins.“

On fashion: “I love Alaïa, for sure. Stella McCartney. I like Ralph Lauren because I feel like it’s very American, and I’m pretty all-American, from Ohio. Isabel Marant and a new designer, Sari Gueron.

On the genre of film she loves most: “It can be any genre. I even like vampire movies – they just have to be well done. I want to believe in the characters. The minute it starts to feel not real, I’m not interested.”

Comments

1. calli says

I hope Katie grows her hair long again. I hated that severe, short cut she had. I also would like to see Katie wearing nice clothes again- no baggy flannels and rolled up boy jeans. I’m surprised she hasn’t had another baby yet.

2. The 2009 new kind Honey :) says

They usually try really hard to sell you an image that you want you to BUY and then comes the gossip rags and paps to bring us the actual not so nice parts of their lives ans they go ballistic…
    If they make zillion off of people, then those people have the right to any kind of information they can find about them..afterall they depend on the popularity to sell news, its not a one way deal its free flowing and dynamic and fame can be good but bite you in the behind…She is stupid as ever, she never has anything to say , all her article are about her life with a pyscho. Does Meryl strip ever focus on her family in professional interviews..this is the same person who will lash back and proclaim privacy, when in actual fact they live within the full glare of the limelight, …even without paps they creat e their own celeb zoo!!! Pathetic fame monger!!

3. Jessica says

Dnice, I guess am with you on this one. Her life doesn’t seem shabby at all. I could swap my life for hers any day. Why do people pretend to pity her when we all know she has a better life than almost 95% of the rest of the world? Sheesh, Suri is just so cute. Katie looks very nice.

4. Fevvers says

just the most boring mother on the. Suri has the dullest life I can imagine for a 3 yr old. Shopping, shopping, f=dance class, shopping, dinner at 11pm and more…SHOPPING!

5. Rox says

Hehe Hannah #16 – i see what you mean, looks as tho theyre almost on backwards LOL!

Its a lovely pic tho, she looks stunning, if not a little airbrushed considering how she looks on the irl photos.

6. Cindyo says

Oh yes, I forgot to say….I think she looks beautiful! (a little too thin, but that’s ok) I love her hair, very nice cut and style.

7. morvicaud says

I guess you are right Dnice. I find her boring. She is a pretty girl, poor actress who dresses with bags when she can have all the fashion in the world. I didn’t even wanted to comment on this ’cause she bores me so much but here I am anyway … bored.

8. Dnice says

If she is brainwashed then maybe that is what is best for her. Everybody is not born with leadership skills and some people feel more comfortable in life being guided and told what to do. It’s not as if she is being led into a crappy life. She has a handsome, albeit crazy, husband, a beautiful daughter, 2 stepkids who adore her and call her mom, a mediocre acting career, and access to some of the best fashion in the world. If she is being controlled, I don’t think she’s unhappy about it. JMO

9. Niloofar says

Hey I don’t HATE Katie just don’t LIKE her and I’ve told my reasons in #7…she has a weak personality in my opinion!

10. Cindyo says

I don’t hate Katie but I do think she is a brainwashed zombie…but that’s not her fault…well, I guess to a certain degree I guess it is, but I sure don’t hate her!

11. annoyed says

I have yet to figure out why all of you hate Katie Holmes so much. She’s beautiful and obviously is a good mom. I realize Tom’s a little crazy, but get over it! Suri is beautiful and she is obviously growing out her bangs right now, which is why she hasn’t gotten her hair cut.

12. Niloofar says

Yes, she does look great here actually I see abit airbrushing too! I don’t like her, she’s like a robot, she says the same things day after day, month after month:
    “Tom is amazing” “Suri is amazing” “Motherhood is amazing” “I’m so much wiser”!
    If you were wiser Katie, you would first get Suri a haircut so she could see!

13. Honey says

Wow- I can see the air brush from across the room! The person on the cover, whoever she is looks pretty in a robotic sense. Oh! It’s Katie Holmes!!!
    She is stupid as ever, she never has anything to say , all her article are about her life with a pyscho. this is the same person who will lash back and proclaim privacy, when in actual fact they live within the full glare of the limelight, even without paps they creat e their own celeb zoo!!!
    Pathetic fame monger!!

14. Dnice says

She looks fabulous on this cover. I love the color of the dress. As far as her acting – I think she can be good, she just needs meatier edgier roles. I would love to see the anti-Katie.