Nicole Richie Can't Wait To Indulge In Some Sushi!

nropt

Now that Nicole Richie’s son, Sparrow, has been born she is anxious for some sushi!

“Next Stop: SUSHI” Nicole, 27, posted on Twitter early Friday morning.

Pregnant women cannot eat sushi as they could ingest bacteria that could make them sick or even suffer a miscarriage.

Splash News Online & Source

Comments

1. SbK says

It is only homemade mayo, as it is made from raw egg yolks, as the mayo that is sold in shops is made from pasteurised eggs, so that is ok. Philadelphia soft cheese is also pasteurised, so this is ok too!

2. Cindyo says

I didn’t know there was an issue with mayo, oops! There must be a lot of things people don’t know about, do it and nothing bad happens….which is good, but it does show how we might go a little crazy sometimes. I know what you mean, seeing a pregnant woman smoke it the worse! Bad enough they do it, but in public! I would be hiding in that case…but I would never do that, anyway.

3. SbK says

I never knew that!! I agree with you, 9 months isn’t very long in the grand scheme of things. I probably went a little crazy too, I always was trying to find sandwiches in shops with no mayo because I didn’t realise that you were allowed to eat mayo if it was made from pasteurised eggs, which most of it is! I also craved pate which is odd because I don’t even like the stuff!! I did try and cut down on tea and coffee but I found that too hard to cut out completely so just cut down on it. One thing I don’t like to see though is women who smoke when they are pregnant

4. Cindyo says

Yes, chocalate has caffeine in it but no where near as much as coffee…which I also LOVE and cut out too. Perhaps people go a little crazy when they are preganant but I don’t see the big deal in that. It’s only for a short time and if we are warned to avoid certain things while pregnant, why not do it? It’s not forever. With that said though I try not to judge the people who don’t, that’s their business and I probably was little too paranoid…but for me, it was worth the piece of mind. 🙂

5. SbK says

Chocolate has caffeine in it?!!?
    To be honest, I think that people go a little crazy when they are pregnant, cutting out loads of different things, but I got food poisoning when I was pregnant, and my daughter will be 6 in a few months, she turned out fine! I believe that it is all about moderation

6. Cindy says

NS Girl – wouldn’t you sooner air on the side of caution for the babies sake? It’s only sushi and only for 9 months. I gave up chocolate when I was pregnant because of the caffeine, and I LOVE chocolate! To each his own for sure…

when i was 6 months pregnant with my now 9 month old son jackson i craved werid and odd things not as bad as ice cream and pickles.anyways i craved ranch dressing on pepperoni.and after my son was born i tasted and thought what was i thinking eating this lol i also cant wait to see sparrow and harlow togehter

8. NS Girl says

I’m pregnant now (6 months) and haven’t stopped eating it…my Dr didn’t say it was a huge no-no; just be careful where you get it from!? To each its own I guess…

9. Niloofar says

I don’t like sushi! but I know, it’s too bad when you can’t have your favorite food for such a long time!

10. denise says

lol, i remeber missing sushi while pregnant. i´m not a big fan of it, but just the fact that i COULDN´T have it made me want it so bad.

i also craved orange juice like a mad woman. i had gestational diabetis with both pregnancies and after our first daughter was bron i sent hubby on his way to find some oj. he was prepared when we went to the hospital to have our second daughter, having the oj already packed.

11. morvicaud says

I’m preagnant too and sushi is the first I said I’d eat after giving birth! Miss it soooooo muuuuuuuch!