Michael Jackson's Children In Better Spirits At Post-Memorial Reception

After Tuesday’s moving memorial for their father, Michael Jackson’s three children seemed to be in better sprits at a reception immediately following the service.

Prince Michael, 12, Paris Katherine, 11, and Prince Michael II (Blanket), 7, all sat in the “VIP” area at a kid’s table that included all the Jackson cousins and relatives in The Grand Ballroom at the Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel.

There were around 15 kids at the table, with ages ranging from 7-17. (Blanket was probably the youngest in the group.)

Michael Jackson’s children seemed very close with their cousins, as they all were playing and goofing around.

At one point, Prince Michael pulled out his cell phone. It looked like he was playing a game on it; he then passed it along to one of his cousins.

Blanket – who appeared overwhelmed at the memorial – was in a much better mood. He looked like he was having so much fun chasing around his cousins. The boy – whose hair is almost down to his waist and whose front tooth is missing – appeared playful at the reception, tickling his cousins and tapping others on the shoulder and then running away.

Paris also seemed to be in a better mood. She hugged her cousins and chatted with guests.

At one point, someone brought over the program from the memorial and all three of the kids — including some of the cousins — gathered around to look at the pictures.

Jackson’s children seemed really poised and polite as they shook guests’ hands and chatted with them. People were coming up and shaking Prince Michael’s hand a lot. The kids interacted extremely naturally with each other.

Grace Rwaramba, Michael Jackson’s former nanny, was overheard saying: “The kids are holding up really well. It’s good for them to be around the other kids.”

Janet Jackson carried around Blanket’s Michael Jackson doll for him.

Michael’s three children left with Katherine Jackson, who remains their temporary guardian until a July 13th court hearing.

Splash News Online & Source

1. smiley miley says

the kids are young too young but MJ will always live in their hearts he’ll never leave them I am glad to hear they are doing better I wish them nothing but the best who knows maybe Prince or Blanket will be the Prince of pop lolz that would be cool

2. Amanda says

I completely agree with #18, Prince Michael has MJ’s features, its amazing but true, I love them all. I’m still crying over Michael at night.
    When he came to my country Namibia in 1998 when I was 15 years old, he gave me a hug, I’ll never forget him. I dream about him every night, so I think it’s safe to say I fell in love with him.

3. V says

Its amazing how dark Princes hair has gotten, it used to be so blonde almost white. I think there heratige is coming out, they definently look like they are bi-racial children

4. Tanya says

After seeing the memorial for Michael, and seeing how his children were surronded and supported by the Jackson family, I think the only right thing is for the kids to grow up in this loving family with the people who knew and loved them since they were babies. Just watch how Paris is holding onto Janet upon stage, and how the whole family gather round to comfort the girl when she cries. To me, it says it all.
    Debbie said many times that she gave those two children as gifts to Michael, and she has choosen not to play a part in their lives. So I think its very unlikely that she will put up a custody battle for them now.

5. jennifer says

i feel for these kids micheal was the only parental figure they had they hardly know thier mother for thier sake i hope janet or katherine get them the way paris broke down at the memorial was just heartbreaking it really shows they loved micheal.

6. danica says

I think Blanket is just about the cutest kid ever. I feel so bad for the kids and hope they will grow up out of the spotlight like Michael wanted.

7. uk film critic says

all the children are lovely, but dont forget this is not a normal family in the sense of ‘parenthood’. In the following weeks l think there is going to be a custodial battle for these children. Personally, l think the best people to look after them are Jermaine and Janet,.

8. Gbaby says

they are very beautiful children paris is gorgeous and brave prince micheal is very handsome and blankett is adorable with that long hair covering his eye…he looks like he likes his hair long so he can hide behind it.

9. nicole says

it seems MJ’s kid are so matural
    I am so glad
    But MJ’s pass away is a long term effect
    So Better Spirits??
    Maybe just Blanket,cause he is very young

10. Lauren says

Michael’s memorial was a beautiful touching tribute to his incredible life. It’s heart-breaking that his kids have to go through this at such a young age. I hope they can find the strength to get through this horrible time. Let’s pray they can find comfort in the fact that Michael is in a better place now and is no longer in pain. He’s smiling down at his beautiful children.

11. Faith, Hope, and Love says

I’m glad to hear that the kids are doing better. I can’t imagine the pain that they are going through. I wish the whole Jackson family the very best.

all they need to know is that thier father lives forever in thier hearts,and as the sunshines thats the spotlight for thier father dancing and singing away to angels like elivs caylee anthony and anna nicole smith etc…

13. Dnice says

These children seem very mature and very well adjusted. It’s obvious they we’re very close with their father. I am glad they are with family and I hope that Katherine can retain guardianship.I wish them nothing but the best.

14. miapocca says

Blanket is so cute…he has micheals eyes…the other two are a dead ringer for Debbie and I see no Micheal there…

15. Aimee says

Im glad that they are holding up better and as long as the family continues to rally around them they will be ok

16. DMITZ says

The MJ memorial service was beautiful. It’s so heartbreaking what his children are going thru. It seems MJ brought him his children well. May God give them strength to pull thru this and also to end up under the right guardianship (whatever that may be).