Sarah Jessica Parker & Matthew Broderick Welcome Twin Daughters

sarahtwinsopt

UPDATE:

Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick have confirmed their baby joy and shared their daughters’ names.

“Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick are delighted to announce the healthy arrival of their two daughters at 3:58 p.m. on June 22 in Ohio,” their shared in a statement.

“Marion Loretta Elwell Broderick weighed 5 lbs., 11 oz., and Tabitha Hodge Broderick weighed 6 pounds,” the statement continued. “Both Hodge and Elwell are family names on Parker’s side.”

“The babies are doing beautifully and the entire family is over the moon,” the statement concluded.

Sarah Jessica Parker and her husband, Matthew Broderick, have welcomed twin daughters!

Barbara Walters announced the news on The View this morning.

The baby girls were born this morning. Sarah and Matthew are at the East Ohio Regional Hospital in Martins Ferry with the surrogate mother.

Matthew, 47, and Sarah, 44, announced they were expecting twins in April.

“Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick are happily anticipating the birth of their twin daughters later this summer with the generous help of a surrogate,” a rep for the couple told Us magazine. “The entire family is overjoyed.”

The baby girls join big brother, James Wilkie Broderick, 6.

Congratulations!

Splash News Online & Source

Comments

1. violetsky says

The names, might be out landish to Americans.
    But in the UK they are considered normal … at the moment the Brits are going ‘vintage’ in how the name their kids.
    In the last two weeks 3 friends of mine have given birth to ‘vintage’ named children:
    Sidney Lucas, Martha Ruby and Douglas Nicholas

2. Jules says

And by the way, the first names are NOT family names, only the middle names are. So there is no excuse.

3. Jules says

These names are horrible. Right up there with Hazel and Phinneus. Did the surrogate give birth to 2 80 year olds or 2 babies? The minute I was old enough to know better, I’d be like “Thanks for the Grandma name, MOM!!”

I had such high hopes for these names because I am a big SJP fan and thought she would have picked something really stellar. Instead we get Nana and Grandma.

4. Anna says

They’re not as bad as a son named Peanut (the son of one of the General Hospital actors). Or Apple!!

5. sharrie says

the names are ugly…but hey, you can’t please everyone. At least they are not as outlandish as Moon Unit, Dweezil, Moxie Crimefighter (!!!) and Huckleberry. Those parents need a good slap alongside the head.

6. lily alexa says

I like the name marion not to common in celebrity land. like the names ava lola . nor is weird name like apple zuma bronx poppy honey petal blossom rainbow.

Not crazy about the names, or this family. He is such a Sissy and creepy looking to me, dull as a dill pickle! Hope she isn’t grabbing at straws with these babies to save a failing marriage. I do wish them luck and hope they are happy and it all works out.

8. anonymous says

What? Nobody’s said she’s too old to have babies? I’m shocked. Good her her! I love the names.

9. denise says

congrats to them, can´t wait to see pics of the girls. they seem like a sweet family and i wish them all the best.

the names are ok. don´t love them, but definitely don´t hate them.

10. KayG says

I don’t really care for the names either, but names are a very personal thing. You can’t please everybody. Marion is a very pretty southern kind of name like someone on ‘Gone with the Wind’ and Tabitha reminds me of a cat. She’ll probably get the nickname Tabby. If I had twins I would name them Cuyler and Emory, but I’m sure there are lots of people who hates those names too!

11. Ellie4 says

I read an interview, apparently they’ve been trying unsuccessfully for a few years now to actually carry a pregnancy, sounded like SJP has had a few miscarriages.

12. Karen Browning says

Candi, Charlotte married Trey McDougal. That same actor plays Orsen Hodge on Desperate Housewives, so that’s probably what you’re thinking of.

I don’t like Marion, but I love Tabitha. I’m glad they picked normal names, unlike a lot of other people. I thought Marion was more of a boy’s name though?

13. Joanne says

I don’t like the names, but I read that they are family names in SJ’s family.

Congrats to them all! They seem like one of the most down-to-earth celeb families.

14. Amanda says

Why didnt she carry her own children?? I dont think I read why she had a surrogant. I don’t like the names either but they are a great couple as well as great parents.

15. Chocolate Wonder says

I like Marion, and Tabitha! They are lovely names, Not weird like today’s Names, and Congrats!

Only one thing: CHANGE THE HAIR, MATT!

16. foxy says

cant say i like Marion my grandmother inlaw is called it and shes like 75yrs old!
    I like Tabitha tho. Congrats to them!

17. Candi says

On SJP old show Sex and the City. Didnt Charlotte marry Trey Hodge who’s last name is the middle name of SJP baby?

Im not a big fan of the names but at least they will not get teased in school for having a strange name!

18. Alex says

type in
    Celeb baby buzz: Get Harlows Look!

on google and click on the main thing for more info on Sarah Jessica Parker

19. Alex says

to happy for them those girls are probably so pretty!! what a sweet couple and James is beautiful I hope he doesnt get jealous from his kids

20. Jem says

I like Marion (sounds good with my welsh accent :P) Tabitha is OK, but I would name a cat that, not my kid lol. Still nice though.

OT: How many Jessie James’ are there in Celeb World? girls and boys. It’s awful!

21. Lurker says

Not especially fond of the names, but really do prefer them to some of the other names celebs have named their babies! I don’t think I even NEED to name names! ;o)

To me their names seem more “old school”..Marion, to me, is very old sounding. Maybe not so much Tabitha, but still a name you don’t really hear much these days. (OT but anyone besides me remember Tabitha from Bewitched a billion years ago?)
    I would bet the names are from the family somewhere, just like their son James.

In any case, congratulations to the family and I wish them all the best!

22. alexa mackenzie says

off topic but I think the worst celebrity girl name is Jagger Joseph Blue Goldberg. poor girl

23. alexa mackenzie says

Marion Loretta Elwell Broderick Tabitha Hodge Broderick I think the twins names are lovely. Unlike the other celebrity twins recently born Dolly Charlie Rex Juno Max Bob John Gus Jax Jaid Journey Jesse D*Lila Star Jesse James

24. Kelsey says

I just read the names on People.com and I am not a fan! Apparently the names are Marion Loretta Elwell and Tabitha Hodge Broderick.