Jennifer Hudson & Fiance Expecting Their First Child

hudson

Jennifer Hudson is expecting her first child.

A baby shower was held Saturday in her native Chicago, The Chicago Tribune reported. It was “a quiet gathering of friends and mostly family,” said Jennifer’s longtime friend, Felicia Fields. “They’re really trying to keep it kind of quiet. It was a nice time that we had.”

Asked if Jennifer, 27, received blue or pink gifts, Felicia told the paper, “They don’t know [the gender]. More yellow.”

Jennifer, who is engaged to Harvard Law grad David Otunga, told Access Hollywood earlier this year: “I definitely want a family. You know, I’m almost 30 now, so they gotta get started sometime.”

The baby news comes seven months after the tragic deaths of her mother, brother and 7-year-old nephew, who were murdered last October.

Best Wishes!

Comments

1. DANNYBABY77 says

A BABY IS A BLESSING FROM GOD NUMBER ONE. NUMBER TWO NO ONE ON THIS BLOG IS GOD SO WHO ARE YOU TO PASS JUDGEMENT ABOUT WEATHER OR NOT IF SHE IS MARRIED? PEOPLE THAT ARE MARRIED NOW AND DAYS ARE GOING THERE THIER DIFFERENT WAYS AND THEY HAVE KIDS. SO ALL WE COULD DO IS BE HAPPY FOR SHE AND THE BABY. DAM HAVENT SHE BEEN THRU ENOUGH LEAVE HER ALONE AND STOP HATING. LIVE YALL LIFE AND LET HER LIVE HERS. LOOK AT JOHN AND KATE THEIR MARRIED LOOK AT USHER AND HIS WIFE. JUST AS LONG AS SHE IS HAPPY AND HEALTHY THAT SHOW ONLY MATTER.

Yes indeed, it is not the 50’s and morals and standards have certainly changed! I am too old I guess to adapt. I think it is important to be happy and have two parents in the home but would be nice if the parents were legally married for more reasons than just being married.

3. Tia :) says

Give me a break. This is the year 2009 people not the 1950’s! Marriage isn’t for everyone! Congrats!

4. Georgia says

I agree, people need to get married before they have children! BUT i have nothing but respect for Jennifer, how she endured that tragedy, i will never know. All the best to her! CONGRATS!

5. GLAD 08 IS OVER, HOW ABOUT THAT BO.IN THE 09 says

Okay, People have babies all the time and don’t get married! This is not the 1950’s, Orianna and company! Get with the program and sit your old azzes down!

CONGRATS to J HUDD, and David!

I’m happy for her and I wish them the best! It’s ideal to be married before kids, but it’s not a requirement and does not make the child or the parent any less deserving then a “married” couple or the married couple’s child….To each his own…

7. gbaby says

aww man jennifer can do so much better than that PUNK who was on his knees for trashy ass NEW YORK to get 5 seconds of fame!!!

8. Jane says

I will never get with the times. That is part of the reason why this world is so screwed up.

What ever happened to people getting married first – then having children? All of these illegitimate childrfen running around!

9. MiracleMileMom says

Aww….. congratulations to them!! What a happy surprise after all she has been through this last year.