Tori Spelling In Cookie Magazine

Tori Spelling, 36, is on the cover of the June issue of Cookie Magazine, and opens up about life with Liam, 2, and Stella, 1.

Below are some excerpts from the interview:

Cookie: In your book, you describe Liam as a daddy’s boy. Is that still the case?

Tori: Well, it turns out that Stella is a total mama’s girl. My biggest fear in life was having a girl—how was I going to handle a girl [considering my relationship with my mother]? But for all my fears, without my even trying, Stella wants her mama. When she is in Dean’s arms, she lunges for me the way Liam did for him.

Cookie: You were also very close to your nanny until her death when you were in your early 30s. Did that make hiring a nanny for your own kids less fraught?

Tori: I never understood being competitive with a nanny. If you have someone you trust and who loves your kids, then what an amazing thing you’ve done for them. My kids have Patsy, who is a baby nurse to them and like a mother figure to me. Stella was an unplanned pregnancy, and I think it happened so I could keep Patsy longer. I am very sad Nanny and my dad never got to meet my kids. I have this little bear that was Nanny’s, and I always bring it when I fly. I recently showed it to Liam and explained that the bear is like a grandparent who looks out for us. He grabbed it and kissed it.

Cookie: Considering the Spelling family business, do you let your kids watch TV?

Tori: TV is basically my life, so to be the mom who says, “My kids will never watch,” would be totally hypocritical. We try to strike a balance; it’s a work in progress.

Cookie: What’s your favorite family ritual these days?

Tori: Family dinner is huge on my list. I feel like it’s good to start it now. When Liam and Stella are eating in their high chairs, Dean and I try to eat something, so we’re all sitting down together. I see this continuing the rest of their lives. When they’re all grown up and out of the house, maybe once a week they’ll come home for family dinner.

Cookie: What’s one of the weirder parts of being pregnant in Hollywood?

Tori: During both pregnancies, people touched my belly a lot. I would never do that to a pregnant woman—it’s a personal thing. And if I did, I’d say, “Your belly is so cute, can I touch it?” But when fans did it, I couldn’t say, “Please don’t touch,” because then it would be, “What a bitch!” At a certain point, I just decided that [my second baby] Stella was getting a lot of love in there.

Cookie: How much does it suck to have to lose baby weight in Hollywood?

Tori: Well, after I’d given birth to Stella, some woman at the market grabbed my belly and asked when I was due. When she had the flab in her hand, she realized her mistake. And the first time I went out after I had Liam, the paparazzi were around and I remember trying to hold my stomach in, even though my muscles were shot to hell, because it’s not like they want the story, “Look at the happy couple, they just had a baby!” They want, “Do you see her stomach? We thought she already had the baby.” But I always say the weeklies build you up to tear you down. It’s a funny cycle. The week before they were asking, “Is she too thin?” they showed a picture of me in a bikini on the beach and said I looked great.

For the entire article and interview click here and the issue will hit newsstands on Tuesday!

For more photos of Tori and her family click here. For a video of Tori on balancing parenthood and Hollywood click here!

1. amy says

Her kids are not cute. They will probably be spoiled like her. It seems like her daughter acts just like her already. I hope her daughter does not put her through what she put her mother through.

2. cee says

I Think tori lil boy Liam resembles tori’s brother Randy a bit and a tinsy bit like tori 2 ( to me he does) ;/ and her lil Stella (ugghhh what an ugly old lady name that is) looks just like her dad DEAN .omg so much…………………..

3. Sarah says

“the bear is like a grandparent who looks out for us” – what’s she talking about?

How confusing is that to a little boy.

4. Anne says

Dean’s ex chose to adopt on her own without Dean as the marriage was already over. Not everyone is born beautiful and we learn to make the best of our appearance. Tori has a beautiful soul and is a wonderful mother and wife. Whatever problems she had with Candy is her business. Enjoy the pictures and wish them the best, otherwise, butt out of their life and find something constructive to do.

5. Anne says

Why is it that so many people don’t like Dean? He ex was a controling egotist. Marriages break up for many reasons and Hollywood is full of them. I believe his ex moved to LA, so he sees he son a lot. He did not adopt the daughter with his ex as the marriage was already over. The pictures are of Tori and their children together in magazines. She is a very hard worker and why not be in magazines etc. to help support the family. She is a kind-hearted generous person so lighten up people. Her children are good looking and they are a happy family.

6. Sephardim says

They are both scum. He left his first wife during adoption proceedings for their second child a girl. She completed the adoption alone. Tori knew he was married when she went after him. Both garbage and have banked some bad karma. Those cuties will end up being their worst nightmare if there is any justice in this world.

Tori is not pretty at all, I do think she is a good person and a hard worker to support her family. I am glad she has found happiness. I don’t care for Dean but I do think he loves her and the kids. I know he has an older son but I thought him and his first wife had adopted a baby right before he dumped her for Tori? Maybe I am wrong. It is what is on the inside that counts but unfortunately, not in Hollywood.

8. b says

#5 & #21, don’t insult horses by comparing Tori to a horse! ;o) Horses are beautiful!

I think what you’re trying to say is she has a long face and is homely. She can’t really help that, considering what her parents look like. Not important anyway, it’s what’s inside that counts.

9. Janie says

Tori has a homely horse face!

She is pathetic – constantly pimping herself and those kids out to the media.

She has no talent!

10. Lauren says

Tori has such a beautiful family. I like her and admire how she admits that she struggles to keep things normal for her kids despite the abnormal world she lives in. Liam and Stella are adorable!!

11. morvicaud says

Lisa, Dean McDermott has only one other child who is 11 today … maybe he doesn’t want to be on the picture

Jordyn, she was born into it … in Hollywood, if you are invisible, it means you are dead

12. Lisa says

So I guess Deans previous children are not part of this “family”

too bad, nice parenting Dean

2 fame whores, disgusting

13. morvicaud says

Hey Meream and Jessica, only people who feel bad about themselves can’t talk that way about kids ,,, it so easy to pick on weaker, and you can’t get more defensless than a child! Of course these children are cuties 🙂

14. carleigh says

Tori Spelling does not “use” her children to stay in the spotlight, she takes her children with her to events and outings that are child-friendly. She isn’t trotting the all over the place to bars and restaurants at midnight aka: the Cruise family.

Leave the girl alone, she’s making a living and spending time with her family, they are everything to her. She is a good mother and trying hard to undo the mistakes in parenting her Mother made with her.

Kudo’s to Tori and Dean, they are a great family and I wish them nothing but the best and all the love in the world.

15. Sarita says

She is so fond of attention. She’ll do anything to stay in the spotlight, even if it means taken her children to any and all events she can. I really dislike these people.

16. morvicaud says

I have not one thing in common and I’m not fond of Toris work but I like this girl. It feels to me that she is struggling to keep down to earth in the fake world she’s living in and she has a very nice aura. I don’t care about the way she looks, she is Nice!

17. sharrie says

I LIKE Tori although I never watched her much on tv. I think she has anice personality…very down to earth. I don’t care for her husband, I think he is creepy. He was always making sexual innuendos on the B&B shows. I think Liam (love the name) and Stella are sweet little kids who are very loved by their parents.

18. Jessica says

She has suprisingly cute kids. Surprising because she herself is not that attractive. But Stella and Liam are precious!

19. LOLA says

poor tori, she’s not very good looking. lucky for her she has cute kids. but i think whoever operated her nose messed it up big time!