Gwen Stefani Sings Happy Birthday To Kingston

Gwen Stefani helped son Kingston ring in his third birthday at midnight Tuesday morning by serenading him on stage.

“Is it 12 o’clock yet?” she asked the crowd during No Doubt’s show in Salt Lake City, Utah, carrying Kingston on stage.

Along with the help of the audience, she then sang the boy “Happy Birthday” as Kingston playfully covered his ears.

1. Jessica says

For crying out loud, it was his birthday! He can have ONE night out of the year to stay up a little late. I remember when I was little, occasionally my parents would take us up to the city to go to the drive-in theater, and we’d get back at around midnight. It didn’t happen often, and it was fun for me. Parents today need to relax and realize that once in a while is not a big deal.

2. Zbella says

Weird. WHY would she take a little toddler on stage in front of thousands of people? That has got to be scary for him. Wow. Now I’ll go off and get a life…

3. Georgia says

Oh my gosh you people are so pathetic!!!!!!! Leave her alone, its her child so she can do what she wants! Gwen is such a good and loving mother, shes excited for her sons birthday, isnt that a good thing?? And the concerts dont run that late anyway, it wasnt midnight thats why she said “oh well it is on the east coast”. She would have done it early on in the concert anyway so he could go to bed. You all need to get a life

4. Stephanie says

Did you guys even watch the video??

She asks if it’s 12 o’clock yet and she said oh it is on the east coast.. She is in Utah … therefore it’s not 12am it’s 9pm. So it’s not that late for Kingston to be up.

Anyways the video was cute kingston is so adorable!

5. Too Real says

Much as I like Gwen, midnight? Please. Like he cares when he’s sleepy. And the point of doing it in front of a crowd that has no emotional attachment? She’s becoming too celebrity.

6. Sarah says

She probably wants to be the person who puts him to bed, etc. I wouldn’t want my baby more than 50 ft from me either.

And the paci thing… If you know it’s a bad habit, why give it to your kid in the first place? It’s baffling.

7. Michelle says

He’s a lil stunned probaly cause hes a little tired. Who knows he could have had a late nap to celebrate or hes easy to put back to bed. My kids go to bed at 7:30 every night but if it was a special night i would accomadate different. Its one night he will be back on schedule the next. Love Gwen and King very cute:)

8. Cocoa says

I love Gwen but I don’t understand why should would bring Kingston on stage at that hour? He may be waving but he’s not smiling (yes, they can with a sucky in their mouth) and looks a little stunned! Not a big deal but I don’t think it was necessary to do.

Is it 12 o’clock yet? Doesn’t she have her husband with her or nannies to put the kids to bed? A 3 year old should have a proper bedtime, doesn’t matter who their parents are! I would rather see him with a pacifier than still being breast fed at his age.

10. RachieUK says

Awwww stop moaning people, it’s his birthday! And that is seriously the cutest thing ive ever seen lol…bless him!

11. Jem says

RAW – it is this year, because he’s sporting his new hairstyle

anyway, cute kid! love how he’s waving to everybody lol.

12. Lurker says

Well for some reason they didn’t want to post my last comment..? Ugh!

Anyway, I was just saying it was sweet and I don’t think there is anything wrong with his being awake when he’s on tour with his parents. Likely all of their schedules are nuts right now. But at least they’re together.
    I don’t think their letting him stay up late (or even just waking up from a late nap) is bad on his special day anyway.
    But I don’t know how it should be construed any more harshly than the movie stars toting their kids all around the world day in and day out.
    They’re all likely just doing their best to incorporate their family life into their own crazy schedules.

And the pacifier? Well my daughter wouldn’t let hers go until she was two..and even then it wasn’t by choice. It was by one of our cats getting ahold of and eating it and our refusing to buy another one! It wasn’t pretty, but we all survived! ;o)
    And when the time is right for them, I’m sure they’ll do the same thing.

13. Trisha says

What’s with the pacifier at 3???? I agree…midnight is WAY too late for a three year old to be up…crazy life of a musician I guess.

14. theresa says

sweet, but she (or who ever is being paid to do it) is going to have a lot of trouble getting him onto a schedule that is more in line with going to school someday. maybe he’ll be homeschooled…