Mike Tyson's Daughter On Life Support

UPDATE: Such sad, terrible news…

Mike Tyson’s 4-year-old daughter Exodus died Tuesday in a Phoenix hospital after accidentally getting her neck wrapped in a cord from an exercise machine at home.

“We are grateful for the tremendous outpouring of love and prayers from all over the world,” Tyson said in a statment. “There are no words to describe the tragic loss of our beloved Exodus. We ask you now to please respect our need at this very difficult time for privacy to grieve and try to help each other heal.”

The child, who had been on life support, was pronounced dead at 11:45 a.m. on Tuesday at St. Joseph Hospital and Medical Center, says Phoenix police Sgt. Andy Hill.

Her father, who had been in Las Vegas at the time of the accident, returned to Arizona and was seen entering the hospital on Tuesday morning.

Mike Tyson’s 4-year-old daughter is on life support after being found by her 7-year-old brother hanging from a treadmill cord, according to police.

Exodus Tyson is in critical condition, according to FOX News.

Exodus was playing near the exercise equipment while her mother was cleaning in a separate room at 10:30 this morning. The mother sent the brother to look for the little girl.

After finding her in distress, he alerted his mother, who found Exodus on a treadmill with what has been described as a cable around her neck, according to police, who call it a “tragic accident.”

She immediately took the cable off her daughter, called 911 and began performing CPR.

Exodus was taken to St. Joe’s Hospital.

Tyson was not at home at the time of the incident.

1. Too Real says

So sad, some of you are terrible people.

HOWEVER that said. I am real and I find it stupid I have to see this so much.

Kx5 Mommy. OMG. Get over yourself and your stupid kid names. Like OMG you’re the only person with 5 kids. Wow. How did our ancestors ever manage not having a kid blog.

2. aaron says

This was a tragedy. I am deeply saddened by this and as a father of small children myself I empathize. Just like that and there baby’s gone forever.I disagree 4 is still a baby. Anyone bashing the parents really needs to take time to think before they speak. My prayers go out to the family of Exodus.

3. Lurker says

I just heard that she died. It’s so sad..and I feel very bad for the family.

I guess it also shows how quickly a child can get into a bad situation, no matter how hard you try to keep an eye on them,

And for anyone condemning the mother for not “watching her well enough” please just bear in mind that she is going to have to live with that for the rest of her life.

4. Jessica says

She passed away. So tragic. My thoughts are with her family during this horrible, horrible time. 🙁

5. Karen Browning says

How does a kid that old accidentally hang themselves? It seems a little odd to me. Especially if the mom was in the next room. She could have heard the girl yelling for help. I hope she’ll be ok, but if she’s on life support then the’s going to have brain damage.

6. jordan says

If you can read he was away in Las Vegas when he heard about his daughter accident he flew back to phoenix. Her mother was watching her but she was in a different room. Me would you be saying the same thing if this happen to your daughter.

7. RL says

@me: That’s a very harsh thing to say in light of the tragic circumstances this little girl is going through. This post was NOT about Mike Tyson and it isn’t necessary for you to use this forum to judge how much or how little he cares. She is someone’s child no matter what. Be sensitive!

8. me says

Who was supposed to be watching these kids? Mike Tyson probably doesn’t care because he has more kids t replace this one.

9. Sam says

That poor little child and her family, how sad!
    Please everyone, say a little prayer, and hope she will be okay.

10. Jessica says

Oh my gosh, how awful. Keep your children away from exercise equipment unsupevised! How scary. I hope she is ok, best wishes to her and her family. I cannot even begin to imagine anything more horrendous than losing a child. I hope she makes it and if she does, lets hope there are no long term effects such as permenant brain damage or something.