Mel Gibson Confirms His Girlfriend's Pregnancy

melbabyopt

We reported it earlier, but now Mel Gibson has officially confirmed that girlfriend, Oksana Grigorieva, is pregnant.

Mel, 53, confirmed the news during a taping of NBC’s The Tonight Show With Jay Leno that is set to air tonight.

“I guess I’m ‘Octo-Mel,'” said Mel, who already has seven kids with his wife of 28 years, Robyn.

Robyn filed for divorce six weeks ago amidst speculation that Oksana, a singer on Mel’s record label, was expecting a child.

“My wife and I, our marriage ended three years ago and we’ve been separated ever since then,” Mel told Jay Leno. “These things happen. It’s unfortunate, it’s sad, but you know she is an admirable woman — we still got kids together, we’re friends.

“Look,” Mel continued. “When it’s all said and done, I did a pretty good hatchet job on my marriage myself. I’m to blame. If you’re inclined to judge, put it here.”

Mel also claims that his separation from Robyn had nothing to do with Oksana, whom he didn’t meet until 2008.

When asked by Jay Leno if they would wed, Mel said: “Why would you get married twice?”

According to reports, Oksana, 38, is in her second trimester and due this fall.

Splash News Online & Source

Comments

1. Granny says

They married each other. The first when they were 19 and 20 in the Baptist church. But 15 years later my daughter decided to joing the Catholic church, her husband’s religion, so they were remarried in the Catholic church first..

2. Me says

I wonder what kind of church would that be Granny or what where the circunstances because Michaela points are true… You said they got married twice, was it to eachother again? then that is something different. However marrying somebody different for the 2nd time would be possible if the marriage was annuled. Divorce it is not granted in the Catholic religion..

3. Granny says

Actually Larissa, my daughter and her husband got married a second time in the Catholic church so that the church would recognize it. Secular rules don’t way the same in the church.

I think most people are not upset about the pending divorce and new baby as much as Gibson’s’ past holier than thou thoughts on religion and his church. This relationship is out of sync with what he has been preaching.

4. Michaela says

Larissa, I don’t know how many times or how many ways you can be told that the Catholic Church does not issue divorces. There is no such thing as a “Catholic divorce.” Divorce, to the Catholic church, is a legal status only and not a religious one — in the eyes of the church, marriage is a sacrament that is indissoluble. Once a valid marriage has been consummated, It endures until one spouse dies. The church does not issue divorces or recognize divorces issued by other institutions. The church can issue an annulment. However, the couple must first prove to a church tribunal that the marriage was invalid.

I get that you think Mel did nothing wrong. But please do not keep putting out false facts about a religious doctrine that many people take very seriously (including Mel Gibson at one time) to justify your opinion.

5. LARISSA MILLER says

YES ORIANA AND COCOA ..GET IT THEIR PUBLICIST ANNOUNCED THAT THEY WERE SEPARATED 3 YEARS
    AGO!! GET THAT NOW!!!! AND THAT THEY LED SEPARATE
    LIVES.. AND IF YOU EVER WENT THROUGH A CATHOLIC
    DIVORCE THAN YOU WOULD KNOW THAT YOU HAVE TO
    WAIT 3 YEARS TO GET ONE..!!!

6. Cocoa says

Yes, oriana – I think you are right too that drinking played a part in destroying their marriage – excessive alcohol will do that every time!

Sorry you were sick, hope your belly is better. 🙂

Cocoa, you are probably right on the money! I am sure she held out hope and I think Mel’s drinking problem had a lot to do with their marital problems. They were married for like 28 years, that is a long time, Mel was very young, he looks happy to me in the pictures I have seen.

Had a stomach virus over the weekend but much better now sweetheart!

8. Cocoa says

Oriana – Maybe she always hoped they would get back together even though they had been separated and she filed for divorce now that she can see they won’t. Who knows.

PS. Hope all is well. 🙂

9. Cocoa says

I just saw Mel Gibson on Jay Leno, he said him and his wife have been apart for three years, which I think is long enough to move on.

If his marriage was over 3 years ago, why didn’t she file for divorce then instead of waiting till his new girlfriend came out of the woodwork?

11. Lurker says

Well I’m glad to see I’m not the only one disappointed, to say the least.
    Though I could never wish ill will on anyone, and definitely not on an innocent baby, I also can’t say I’m “happy for them” nor want to congratulate either of them.

I think it’s disgusting and pathetic, and I just LOVE the way all these stars (and yes maybe normal folks too) try and justify breaking up their marraiges by saying, after they’ve gotten “caught”, that the marraige was over for months, years, whatever. PUH-LEEZE!

Bottom line, I no longer have respect for Mel Gibson and most CERTAINLY have no respect for this woman.
    Not that they need MY respect of course, but I still felt the need to point it out. :o)

12. LARISSA MILLER says

Mel is no different than say Brad Pitt who dated Angie right away
    after separating from Jen.. GET IT SEPARATING FROM HER..

HARRISON FORD WAS SEPARATED when he started dating
    Calista Flockhart.. Same with TOM CRUISE WHO DATED
    PENELOPE CRUZ WHILE SEPARATED FROM NICOLE KIDMAN

SO STOP WITH JUST MEL ALL THESE MEN MUST BE CHEATERS
    AND DISGUISTING MEN TO DATE WHILE SEPARATED FROM
    THEIR WIVES..

13. denise says

wow, what the heck was he on while he gave this interview.

how can a devoute christian, like he claims to be, find it ok to have a) sex without marriage and b) have a child out of wedlock.

i used to think he was so great, but he sure went downhill. that´s too bad.

14. No Longer A Mel Fan says

Gross. If you’re going to destroy a nearly 3 decade marriage, at least do it for someone who doesn’t look like a bulimic alien.

Mel says why get married? Interesting comment/behavior for a “devout Chrsitian”.

Simply disgusting and pathetic – both of them.

Trackbacks