Sarah Jessica Parker & Matthew Broderick Expecting Twin Girls!

sarahtwinsopt

Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick are expecting twin girls!

The couple’s reps said they are expecting the birth of twin daughters this summer through a surrogate pregnancy, the Associated Press reports.

Sarah and Matthew are “overjoyed,” their publicists said Tuesday.

The girls will join big brother, James Wilkie, 6.

On Monday evening, Sarah and Matthew attended the premiere of his film, Wonderful World, at the Tribeca Film Festival in NYC. Sarah, who held hands with Matthew as they watched the movie, said she was “very happy” to be with him.

“I’m always thrilled to accompany my husband — pretty much at any event!” Sarah said.

Matthew also told Us magazine that he was thrilled to have her by his side.

“I’m happy that she came out,” he told Us magazine before the two laughed at each other.

Sarah, who said last May that she feels more comfortable in the role of mother than any other on-screen part, insists on being a hands-on parent.

“I put him to bed every night — I get him dressed,” she said of her son. “I’m the one who gives him his toothbrush. I take him to school every morning. He’s very small, but his personality is 6 foot 4.”

Sarah will soon star in the highly anticipated sequel to Sex and the City, which is slated to for release in May 2010.

Splash News Online & Source

Comments

1. Analise says

Not to be overly negative (despite I cannot stand SJP), but at 37 I am balking at another baby. There’s 35 years between my daughter and me, I can’t imagine 44. And wow, yeah. Like everyone else, surprise another celeb is having twins.

Cocoa, she was with Robert for several years but could no longer deal with his drug problem, I thought they made a good couple, all I can say about her hubby now, well, he ain’t no Mr. Big, that’s for sure! Ha!

You have a good evening!

Hello to old chums on here connected with today, Dori, Nicki and you too Deeds and Granny!

3. Cocoa says

Hi oriana – wow! Imagine treating your husband like a child! What kind of man would enjoy that? Oh I know, a sissy man! hahaha I didn’t know SJP was with Robert Downey Jr, very interesting. I like him in spite of it all. Family’s good, hope the same for you! 🙂

Cocoa my Dear, when I first started reading #11, I actually thought she was talking about her husband! I heard her say once in an interview how she has to do everything for him too, lay out his clothes, do all the gro. shopping, call airlines, etc. I don’t think she is pretty but I do like her very much. I remember when she was with Robert Downy Jr. for a long time. I think James is a cute little boy but he could use a hair trim. Hope all is well with you and your family!

It is obvious she loves her Sissy husband very much and I hope they work out any problems they may have. I wish them luck and hope they will be very happy.

6. Karmen says

Wow, she doesn’t even look pregnant. What is she like six months along or something. Good job Jess!

7. D says

#11-I find that comment strange too! The article says she insists on being a hands on parent and talks about just putting him to bed at night and getting him dressed in the morning. There’s so much to it than that!

8. Faith, Hope, and Love says

I read somewhere else that Sarah Jessica and Matthew tried for years and years to give James Wilkie a sibling and it simply wouldn’t happen for them, resulting in their choice of surrogacy.

9. Cocoa says

#11 Twinmom – I find the comment weird too. What a different world the celebrities live in to mention this like it’s a huge feat or unusual.

10. Twinmom says

(“I put him to bed every night — I get him dressed,” she said of her son. “I’m the one who gives him his toothbrush. I take him to school every morning. “—- Sarah) WELL – i should hope so,. you are his mother! Does anyone else find that comment a little weird? Maybe as opposed to her celebrity mommy friends who have a nanny do everything? I don’t know, i just thought that was a VERY strange comment.

11. Cocoa says

Well, it’s the Hollywood trend these days isn’t it? Twin babies! Congrat’s with keeping up with the Jones’. No, seriously, I wish them the best. 🙂

12. Adele (UK) says

Read this on another website this morning & first thing I thought was how happy I am for them. They are great parents to James & a great couple.

13. catcat says

44 is too old to have a child for most women. Look at Demi Moore- she was never able to have another biological child.
    Elizabeth Edwards probably got cancer from taking massive fertility drugs to have kids in her late 40s.

I wonder if Matthew is the sperm donor and they used the surrogates eggs or donor eggs or if the kids just aren’t biologically theirs.

14. ella says

why a surrogate? cause shes 44 and too old to carry twins or a baby full term, prob couldnt get pregant due to her age or had a miscarriage so this is the only way they can have a baby!

15. Blondie says

Why surrogate?
    What was wrong with her ?
    I mean she obviously ovulates,eh?
    Surrogate mothers only carry the babies in their wombs,isn’t it?so one has to have the ovulation to enroll in this particular program???am i right?!!!

16. Jem says

I read about this first on another website (didn’t mention surrogate at first) when i read it i was like…what the!?? she didn’t look pregnant lol.

Gave me a bit of a shock lol, but it’s great news i’m happy for them. They both seem like kind, loving people and great parents. Congrats!

Trackbacks