Trista Sutter To Undergo Permanent Birth Control Procedure

essure

Trista — who is also mom to Max, 20 months, with husband Ryan — has signed up for a permanent birth control procedure called Essure, the company’s rep confirmed to Us magazine.

“Now that we have the two healthy children we always dreamed of, Ryan and I have decided that our family is the perfect size, and we want to devote our time and energy to them,” said Trista, who has suffered birth complications, including gestational diabetes and preeclampsia.

Essure is a minimally-invasive procedure performed in a doctor’s office in about 10 minutes, the rep explained to Us magazine. Small, flexible micro-inserts are placed within a woman’s fallopian tubes through the cervix without incisions. Over the next three months, the body forms a natural barrier around the micro-inserts to prevent sperm from reaching the egg. The procedure — which 250,000 women have undergone — is 99.8 percent effective.

“It’s a safer, nicer way to go about a permanent birth control,” the rep said, adding that Trista will probably have the procedure this June.

Added Trista: “After looking at all my options I realized that Essure is the best fit for me and my lifestyle. I like it because the procedure can be performed in my doctor’s office without general anesthesia, and the quick recovery means I can get back to my life and my family right away.”

Blakesley Grace, who was delivered via C-section, weighed in at 6 pounds, 2 ounces.

“She’s a cute little baby with a full head of dark hair,” a family member said in the newest issue of Us magazine, on stands now.

I am not familiar with Essure…has anyone had that procedure done?

Comments

1. Julie Handhoney says

Like, what sort of name is that that they are using for the baby. I like so can’t think of a worse name ever

2. nosoupforyou says

Trista said in the article in Life and Style that “sure, Ryan could have had a vasectomy but that’s a major surgery.”

Clueless?

It takes 20 minutes as an outpatient with local anesthesia.

She can choose whatever form of birth control she wants but, please, let’s not exaggerate.

3. Jules says

Nobody’s commented on that RIDICULOUS name yet?

Blakesley????? Where the f do these morons come up with these assinine names? That kid or anyone else under the age of 12 won’t be able to even pronounce that, it’s so awkward. What a tool

4. Jules says

Nobody’s commented on that RIDICULOUS name yet?

5. Analise says

I don’t know squat about this woman nor do I care, but I have no problem with finding out about other means of birth control. In fact, I may look into it. And to almalm who seems so put off by Trisha having this procedure, maybe you should read about her pregnancy history? It IS at the top of the page. God forbid if something happened to my child, but as someone who has been through pre-eclampsia twice and HELLP syndrome, I have no real desire to get pregnant again. Anyone who has had a high risk pregnancy should know where I’m coming from.

6. almalm says

Why is SHE getting her tubes tied? I think it’s a very, very bad idea. What if her kids are killed in a car or airplane crash and/or she wants more kids later. It’s much easier for Ryan to get a vasectomy. Also- why is she making this public? I loved the Bachelorette but Trista is just plain lame now. What happened to Ryan’s hair also?

7. Karen says

advertised or not, it sounds like something i’d look into if i was done. better than pumping your body full of hormones. and terriblw?! guys getting snipped sounds far more painful poor men! this doesnt sound too awful.

8. Just Me says

She’s sharing what kind of birth control she’s using BECAUSE THEY ARE PAYING HER!!

Mina, Trista is not a star … I think that’s why most people are annoyed about seeing her on this site. We never see just random photos of her at the park or whatever. It’s her hocking some product. Even her babyshower and kid’s first birthday were some set up, paid for shots.

9. Mina says

Because most of you morons on this site want to know everything about someone’s personal life. Yet, when they give it to you you complain. Trista, Angelina, Nadaia are all fame whores and sites like this and the morons that troll them everyday keep this type of inane crap going on,

10. Dnice says

I agree with comment #6. I think Trista is vein and shallow and a bit of a control freak. After she had her first baby all she talked about was how much weight she gained and how she had to keep looking good for Ryan. It was all about her vanity and little bits and pieces about Max. I don’t find her interesting in the slightest.

11. Cindy says

I must agree with you Lil. It’s a personal thing she is advertising, but like you said, not immoral or illegal. Her little guys is just the cutest thing ever!!! I can’t wait to see their new daughter (too bad about her name).

12. Lil says

Sorry, but for money, I’ll advertise anything that isn’t immoral or illegal. It’s called making a living in advertising.

13. Trisha says

I’m certain she’s getting paid BIG money to endorse this procedure…man, her two minutes of fame have GOT to be up by now! PULEEEZE!

14. babyrazzi junkie says

Oh yeah, I also wanted to say that I think she seems fairly shallow. In another interview she said she would only try to have another baby if something happened to this one or if it was handicapped. Who knew one baby could replace another so easily?

15. babyrazzi junkie says

Too much info for sure! I don’t think anyone particularly cares about what form of birth control she uses.

16. what a joke says

This is really too much information. Why would we care if she wants more kids or not?

As far as this procedure, it sounds terrible. Why can’t the husband just get snipped? Don’t you think it’s his turn to do something for the family?

17. Could it Be says

When is this woman not pimping out herself or some product? Sounds like ad copy from a big pharma company……..

18. mslewis says

Wow . . . Trista sure likes to share, doesn’t she?? Thanks for that info Trista, who ever you are!! Thanks, loads.

Trackbacks

1. […] Trista Sutter To Undergo Permanent Birth Control Procedure – After welcoming baby Blakesley Grace last Friday, Trista Sutter says she’s done having kids. Trista — who is also mom to Max, 20 months, with husband Ryan — has signed up for a permanent birth control procedure called Essure, the company’s rep … […]