Helena Christensen & Nancy O'Dell In Cookie Magazine

Model mom Helena Christensen, 40, is featured in the new issue of Cookie magazine, which hits newstands tomorrow! Below is an excerpt:

Christensen is getting a lot right these days, maintaining careers in photography and clothing design while remaining a hands-on mom to her son, Mingus, 9. “He’s all that matters,” she says. “He’s my best friend.”

For the entire article and Helena’s tips for natural-looking and easy makeup visit Cookie.com!

Access Hollywood’s Nancy O’Dell, 43, is also featured in the issue. She opens up about how her 21-month-old daughter, Ashby, inspired her to write a book about motherhood. Below is an excerpt from the interview:

What made you decide to write your book on new motherhood?
I’m a reporter, and I crave information. I have two stepsons, but when I was pregnant with my daughter, Ashby, things happened that I hadn’t read about—things that surprised me, scared me, or were embarrassing. For example, I didn’t know that your nipples are more erect in early pregnancy. So I showed up on the set of Grey’s Anatomy looking a little too excited to see McDreamy and McSteamy. When I mentioned these little things, my friends would say, “Oh, I forgot about that.” So I turned them into a book.

For the entire interview visit Cookie.com.

1. Dnice says

Oh and Mingus’s Dad is an actor named Norman Reedus. He’s done quite a few things, but I remember him mostly from Blade 2. Oh and people stop taking the best friend thing so literal, jesus christ.

2. Dnice says

What a strikingly gorgeous young man. He does not look feminine – I think the term european may be more appropriate and hello his mom is one of the most famous supermodels of our generation of course he is beautiful. I hope he grows up and follows in Helena’s footsteps. I still remember her in Chris Isaak’s wicked game video. She looks great.

3. jade says

Helena was one of my favorite “supermodels”-I’m glad she is using her fame to do some good in the world. Mingus is a beauty too-who is his dad?

4. Wow! says

I agree, too that some moms (especially moms with only one kid) they say they are their children’s best friend. Well, no you are not, sorry… You have a close relationship with your kid and that is one of the best things in the world. He can trust you and you know your kid from deep inside. That is bigger than any best friend thing. Kids need parents, they’ll have plenty of best friends coming and going from their life, but they’ll always have one Mom, there is a strong bond. In highschool they won’t come to you and tell all the highschool stories to you like girls/boys and friendships and gossip. They’ll tell that their best friend. But they will trust you and tell you if they have a problem, that’s the place where the mom is, supporting 100% and not being in the best friend role… I don’t know if you understand what I mean 🙂

5. Cindy says

Lydia – I totally get it. I agree, he is feminine, just like Celine Dionne’s son. But as you also stated, very attractive all the same. Personally I like the pretty boys. I didn’t think you were insulting at all. 🙂

6. Lydia says

Considering, I’m the only one who commented on the fact that he’s feminine looking…i’m going to assume certain comments such as “Lots of boys look feminine at the age!! For goodness sake” & “He is feminine looking but so is Cindy Crawford’s son but I still think they’re gorgeous looking.”

In my defense…I never said it was a bad thing, I just made an observation. In fact, I actually referred to him as “Very attractive” and commented that I “love his eyes”….which are very “peircing”. (a compliment!)

So, please stop acting as though I have said something rude. To look up and say “The sky is blue” is not an insult is it? No, it’s an observation used to describe what is seen. Does not mean the observer did not find beauty. So please….RELAX.

7. Breezy says

8. Just Me says

He is very good looking.
    On another topic, I just don’t like when moms call their kids “best friends.” It’s great that they have a good relationship, where he feels he can come to his mom with problems, but you have to be a parent first and a friend second. Especially a best friend … that’s not healthy.

9. Wow! says

Here you go:

Origin: Scottish, variation of MENZIES
    Supermodel Helena Christensen named her son in honor of jazz great Charles Mingus, opening up a whole category of jazzy possibilities: Kenton, Calloway, Ellington, Gillespie, Mulligan, Tatum, and Thelonius.

Yes I also agree that he looks very “femenine” kind of too soft for a boy in this picture… But it has a lot of photoshop (you can see it in their skin) it could be the reason why he looks a bit unnatural. But he is a gorgeus boy, no doubt. What a cute mom and son picture

10. Lydia says

i thought Mingus was a girl even despite the clothes.He’s very attractive, but kind of feminine looking. Love his eyes though. They’re peircing.