Matt Damon On The Changes That Parenthood Brings

mattdamonopt

Matt Damon opened up with Parade magazine about some of the ways that parenthood has changed him.

“I’m probably a lot more boring than I used to be and more tired at night,” Matt told Parade magazine. “You can’t fake it. It’s like when it’s bedtime, it’s bedtime. I go to bed earlier and I get up earlier.”

Matt and his wife Luciana, have two children, two-year-old Isabella, and Gia, six-months-old. He is also stepdad to Luciana’a daughter Alexia, from a previous relationship.

“I think being a parent changes everything about you in really little ways and in ways that you don’t really understand unless you have kids,” he said. “It’s kind of like describing a guitar chord – it’s not really a simple thing to do.”

Splash News Online

Comments

I wonder who the little boy in the Red shirt is? He is very cute! Hi Niloofar, hope you had a fun weekend!

2. ELIE TAYLOR says

The guy in the green shirt is Matt’s brother who is in Africa
    with Matt and they did a bicycle race together for a fundraiser..

3. ELIE TAYLOR says

It is great that Ben and Matt both married for love.. And that
    they have children similiar in age.. Matt loves to talk about
    taking his step daughter to school. Dropping her off and
    how Isebella and Vi had a great time when Ben and Matt
    went to Hawaii together..It must be tiring since we know
    that LUCY is not after his money but loves him..

What do you mean that Isebella and his new daughter
    are not that cute.. they are..!! Love Matt thanks for doing
    this bringing Matt back. Now he is a real celebrity!!

4. Niloofar says

I love Matt Damon and all his movies. and I TOTALLY agree with Oriana , she is right in my book.

5. uoykcillli says

Yeah, I never understood Damon – he marries some bartender living in Miami. He’s a nice looking guy – that’s all he could find? Luciana is not attractive and Isabella is an average looking kid – Oh well, I wish them luck anyway.

I like Matt, I always have, I do think he has a good marriage and his wife loves him, for him. She isn’t pretty by any means, and neither is Isabella, now Alexia, I do think she is cute, haven’t seen Gia yet to make a comment about. I like this family and I wish them well. I definitely think both Ben and Matt married for love and have good wives. Congrats to all of them!

7. Em says

I like his perspective on parenting. He and Luciana both seem like caring, commited parents. Alexia, Isabella, and Gia are all gorgeous, too!

8. me says

Ben Affleck married a movie star (Jennifer Garner), and Matt Damon married a bartender (Luciana) hungry for his money.