Iron Chef Cat Cora & Wife Both Pregnant!

cora

This news definitely confused me a little bit at first…

“Iron Chef America” star Cat Cora (on left) and her wife Jennifer Cora (on right) are both pregnant, she announced. Both Cora and Jennifer are expecting boys. They are already parents to sons, Caje, 22 months and Zoran, 5, from the same donor as the two who are coming.

On her MySpace blog, Cat posted the following message:

OK! Magazine writes about my pregnancy ~ Issue on Newstands now…

Current mood: blissful
Category: Life
“Iron Chef’s Cat Cora has a bigger surprise than the unveiling of her secret ingredient on her hit Food Network show; She’s expecting her third–and fourth–sons! “It’s really crazy!” the chef, 41, tells OK! Most unusual, Cat will give birth three months after her partner, Jennifer Cora, 37. “We decided that having them a year apart is harder than having kids as infants together,” Cat says of their planned pregnancies. Their four children have the same sperm donor but Cat says,” [Jennifer] carried my embryo amd [sic] I carried hers. It’s like surrogating, but obviously all of our kids are equal.”

The couple live in California.

Best Wishes!

Comments

1. PreggyLvrX says

Good for them! Although I’m a little uncomfortable with the idea of a women giving birth in her 40s, lesbian or not. The same-sex marrige thing ‘though I’m totally for.

2. Zee says

You know, them being married and them being pregnant at the same time didn’t put me off. The fact that they swapped eggs AND that the donor sperm is all the same…? WEIRD. There is such an entanglement in that. They are step kids and not. One is giving birth to the others son and that repeated back… All I can ask is WHY??

3. Out&Proud says

Oh goodie! Another pseudo-intolerant-prejudiced-biased-homophobe! Yippee!! Take your hatred somewhere else. This site it about celebrating the joy that is babies and families — of all kinds. Keep it coming, Babyrazzi!

4. Jessica says

“Oh goodie!! Another screwed up psuedo-family! Yippee!!!”

explain how you’ve come to this conclusion please.

5. Sarah says

I can’t imagine two pregnant women under the same roof. If my husband had been knocked up at the same time as me, we’d have probably shot eachother.

6. Struggling mom of 4 says

Welcome to the new mecical world, where you can ahve your lovers baby and she has yours, I think its wonderful that they both get to experience the wonders of carrying a baby and giving birth. ANd whether its 2 women or a man and a womne I think the only thing that matters is that they have a safe loving upbringing, and will also learn about acceptance and tolerance.

7. Amber says

#16 said it right on the nose.

And yes, this is a super attractive lesbian couple. Most of the lesbian couples I know have one that is obviously the more masculine one but not the case with these two.

8. Lili says

Everyone hates octomom Nadya because she’s a crazy dumbass who has no money to support her children, already has six before the octuplets, and is mentally insane enough to want to copy Angelina Jolie. Cat Cora and her wife are a stable family and partners, have the energy and resources to raise their kids well, and are talented, strong women.

Plus, Cat and her wife are at least 10000x hotter than that Angelina-wannabe Nadya! I’d rather much more adorable little Cat Cora’s fill this world, than even one more psycho Nadya Suleman. *shudders*

9. Adele (UK) says

I’m am disgusted to see these comments. How very narrow minded. It shows the UK is far more accepting of families with parents of both sexes.

I think what they are doing is fantastic!! They have the money, so why not bring siblings into the world that are close in age.

10. Vix, UK says

Those comments are so typical of what I have come to expect on here!! I knew I would see them as soon as I clicked the link. So small minded. It is you who are disgusting # 9, 5, 3 & 2. These children are wanted, much loved and will be cared for, that is all that matters.

11. Kelli says

Wow. This is a crazy world we live in but there’s no reason to hate. I wish them two equally healthy, equally loved little boys!

12. Jessica says

Wow!

There are people in world who write things like “Disgusting!” and “Carpet Munchers” and my favourite “Disgusting Trollops” on a forum about women having babies.

You should be ashamed.

By the way I could come up with some equally horrible insults to call you three, but then that would mean wasting my time thinking about you.