Jennifer Lopez & Marc Anthony Sue Stroller Company

Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony have filed a $5 million-plus lawsuit against Silver Cross Ltd., blasting the company for using a photo of them pushing twins Max and Emme in old-fashioned Silver Cross prams.

Silver Cross prams cost $3,000 each.

“Jennifer Lopez will be the envy of Long Island when she’s out and about with their new baby twins, thanks to two beautiful Onyx Black Silver Cross Balmoral prams she has taken for the pair,” the company wrote in a caption on its Web site, according to the suit filed Wednesday in federal court.

The photo, originally published in People magazine, is now missing from Silver Cross’s Web site.

It showed Marc in a pink cardigan and Jennifer in a 1950’s-style floral dress pushing matching black prams. The twins were not visible. (Nicole Richie was also photographed proudly pushing her Silver Cross)

“Silver Cross are currently unaware of any proceedings taken against them and have had no communication from either Jennifer Lopez or her representatives on this matter,” Silver Cross spokeswoman Jessica Proudfoot told the Daily News.

According to the 27-page complaint, Silver Cross used the photo on its Web site and in print media and newsletters beginning in March 2008.

“[Silver Cross] intentionally deceived the public into believing that Lopez and Anthony endorse and sponsor [its] products,” the suit claims. “In doing so, [Silver Cross] sought to associate their products with the reputations, goodwill and glamour of Lopez and Anthony, as well as Lopez’s world-famous brand of apparel, cosmetics and fragrances.”

Jennifer’s pit bull lawyers at Lavely Singer served Silver Cross with a cease and desist notice in April, the suit claims, to no avail.

“Lopez and Anthony have invested considerable time, money and energy in the development of their respective prominence and prestige in the public eye,” the lawsuit said. “Defendants have sought to illegally capitalize on plaintiffs’ hard work.”

What i don’t understood is in reality how you are
    not actually a lot more well-appreciated than you may be now.
    You’re so intelligent. You understand thus significantly in terms
    of this subject, made me in my opinion imagine it
    from a lot of various angles. Its like men and women don’t seem to be
    involved unless it’s one thing to accomplish with Girl gaga!
    Your personal stuffs outstanding. At all times deal with it up!

Hmm іt looks like үouг website ate mʏ firѕt
    ϲomment (it was extremely lоng) so I guess I’ll јust sum it up what I had written and say,
    I’m thoroughⅼy enjoying уour blog. I as well am an aspiring blog blogger Ƅut Ι’m ѕtilⅼ new tо evеrything.
    Ɗo you Һave any tips and hints for beginner blog writers?
    Ӏ’d genuinely apprecіate it.

Hmm it seems like your blog ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so
    I guess I’ll just sum it up what I submitted
    and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am
    an aspiring blog blogger but I’m still new to the whole thing.
    Do you have any recommendations for rookie blog writers?
    I’d certainly appreciate it.

4. Cintya says

so they are mad because Silver Cross didn’t pay them a fortune to use their Stroller? Whoo cares about this pattetic couple and their monkeys children?

5. Collette u.k says

I think them types of prams are awful ive never like silver cross prams the 3d range is the nicest +is same as mama+papa pramette i had 1 and Loved it

6. Eli says

J Lo hasn’t generated alot of income lately so she has to use this case to generate some income.

7. michelle says

I think she is out of order for suing does she have nothing else to do with her life than sue people, she needs to get a life. There are familys out there who really struggle and she is just throwing her money in their faces. she need to head her head out of her you know what as that is where it seems to be a the moment.

8. scarlet says

These two need to get over themselves..It is terrible to hear stuff like this. Especially with all the problems happening in the world. If they have throw away they should try giving to needy people. These two should be ashamed of themselves…Shame on you…

9. N says

OR ……the company could have ASKED them to use their names and PAID them. SINCE this is the way it is normally done.

10. ice says

Given her famewhoring ways, Nicole “useless is my middle name” Richie probably put her clown baby in the stroller to get the endorsement

11. Missy_D says

# 3 – you made me laugh with the; “diva strop throwing, fur wearing monster”. Well said!!!

12. pookie-wookie says

Shame on them. Why make such a big deal out of it and sue for so much money?????
    Is Jen Lopez in need of money? Or do they need to do something big, since they are slipping down the ladder of celebrities.

13. Jessica says

Well, if they don’t endorse it, then they shouldn’t have posed with it in a worldwide magazine spread. Simple as that. It’s their own fault, and they shouldn’t be blaming anyone else but themselves.

14. sadie quinton says

I too think it totally unnecessary, sadly it might even be the downfall of this traditional company specially in these times of recession!
    Silver Cross is a qualtiy product and many families and celebrities would love to help endorse this brand!
    They could contact and complain, but why sue for such a gross amount! They don’t have many stakk, but with this the staff they do have may now lose their jobs!
    Celebrities and there money wouldn’t care though for the hard working joe bloggs who may lose everything if they lose their jobs! (not all celebrities of course would take this action!)

15. Alicia says

They got the strollers as gifts from friends (Eva Longoria bought one) To be fair if you put your child in something then it’s fairly obvious that you endorse it. You’re not going to put them in something rubbish are you?

She sold the pics of her pushing the prams to People magazine. If I were Silve Cross I would be suing her! I wouldn’t want any product of mine associated with that diva strop throwing, fur wearing monster.

16. Lesley says

Shame on them. I can understand their point about the photo, but when wealthy people like them try to sue for an amount like that, it just seems like shocking greed and extremely vengeful. I also wouldn’t be surprised if they got the strollers as a gift from the company.

17. Adele (UK) says

How unnessecary is this court case?? It’s not like they need the money. They should have just asked Silver Cross not to use the photo.