Kate Winslet On Her Daughter Being Mortified By Her Dress

Kate Winslet’s daughter did not approve of the dress that she wore to the Oscars!

After being named best actress on Sunday, Kate phoned her children backstage. Her 8-year-old daughter, Mia, couldn’t get over Winslet’s Yves St. Laurent asymmetric evening gown.

“I said, ‘Hi, Mia, did you jump up and down?'” she said on The Oprah Winfrey Show Monday. “[Mia] says: ‘Yes, I did, Mum, I did. I need to talk to you about the dress it was gray.’ She was absolutely mortified I wore a gray dress.”

Kate told Oprah that she didn’t want a lot of dresses being sent to her.

“I think in this time in the economy, it’s just not nice to have people make lots of dresses and you just wear one out of a possible five,” she said. “So Yves St. Laurent very kindly said, ‘We’d like to make something for you,’ and that was what we did.”

Getting on stage to accept her Oscar was “an out-of-body experience.”

Added Kate, “You just think, ‘This can’t be happening.'”

Now she can’t stop staring her her statue.

“Isn’t he cute?” she asked Oprah as she held her Oscar. “I keep sort of looking at him and looking at every little piece. Very nice bottom.”

Kate said you won’t be seeing that much of her on the big screen from now on.

“I have done quite a lot of nudity, and I feel like my kids they’re 8 and 5 now maybe they’re going to start to become aware of the amount of nudity I’ve done,” she said. “I just sort of feel like I can’t get away with it that much longer.”

That’s funny! Kate should have run her dress choice by her daughter before the ceremony!

Splash News Online

1. Anne says

Regardless, Katie still wore the ugliest, matronly, boring colour dress at the oscars and it matched her old-fashioned hairstyle. Compared to Miley, Heidi, Jessica and others, Katie’s was still the ugliest.

I love that Blue dress on the lady standing behind her. I have to say that I loved Miley’s dress, agree on Jessica and Heidi, didn’t like either one of them.

3. ice says

Kate wore the uglist dress at the Oscars? You obviously missed the mess Miley Cyrus, Jessica Biel, Heidi Klum put on themselves

I say if the women are going to do nude scenes in films, the men should stick it out there too, sorry about the “stick”!!

5. Anne says

Absolutely the ugliest dress ever at the Oscars and why it was picked number 1 is a mystery! Her hair style and the dress-ugh. Nevertheless, she deserved the oscar.

6. Kelli says

LOL! That’s cute. Kids keep people grounded – no matter how much of a big deal you are, they will ALWAYS be exasperated with you.

Nudity is no big deal in my book, but the sex scenes with men who are not their father is. I imagine hollywood kids don’t see the R-rated films starring their parents. Awkward.

I have to add here that Kate at this age is simply gorgeous. She looks healthy and glowing. Congrats on the cute-butted Oscar!

7. Kerstin says

To be honest I can understand Mia.
    I didn´t like the dress also.
    When I first saw Kate on the “Oscars”, I thought: “Oh my god, she looks like a boring gray mouse and not like a sexy actress…!”
    I think she would have needed a lot more competent advice…

8. nixen says

Prude puritans! But I agree with her daughter that this dress wasn’t the best choice. Maybe she should have had more options after all.

9. Niloofar says

in my book,Celebrities do nudity when they feel so sexy and they wanna have sex , it means that they can’t control themselves! and I should add that I agree with Lola.

10. LOLA says

you shower in private, not in front of a camera crew and every person in America and the world that watches your movie. I’m sure her kids will understand tho, since they are growing up in the business

11. Kay says

If she’s mortified by her mother’s dress, imagine how mortified she will be when she finds out her mom does nudity. Shame, shame!