Kym Marsh Heartbroken After Losing Baby

(In the above pic Kym is pictureed with her children David, 13, and Emily, 12)

Kym Marsh, 32, is heartbroken after losing the baby boy she was expecting with actor boyfriend Jamie Lomas. The Coronation Street actress gave birth 18 weeks early to Archie Jay Lomas late last night but he died seconds later.
The mother of two, who was four months’ pregnant, had been taken to Trafford General Hospital in Manchester on Monday afternoon and doctors had spent three days trying to prevent the baby’s early arrival.

A statement from the couple said: “Archie is our beautiful angel and we will miss him so much. Thank you all for your support.”

Kym, who plays barmaid Michelle Connor in the British soap, had still been working on the soap opera and was planning to take maternity leave in early summer.

A Coronation Street spokesperson said: “Archie Jay Lomas was born 18 weeks prematurely on Wednesday night in hospital – he passed away a few seconds later.”

The couple announced they were expecting a child together in December after a whirlwind six-month romance.
The pair first met on a train to the TV Quick Awards in London in 2007, but they only got together last May after her marriage to EastEnders actor Jack Ryder ended in March.

Kym, 32, has two children David, 13, and Emily, 10, from her previous relationship to Dave Cunliffe.

Jamie, 28, who plays nightclub owner Warren Fox in Hollyoaks, has a two-year-old son Billy from a previous relationship to Hayley Lever.

The death of Kym’s baby is the second tragedy to hit the Coronation Street cast this week. Sara Roache, the wife of Weatherfield stalwart Bill Roache, who plays Ken Barlow, died suddenly at the couple’s home in Cheshire on Saturday.

Meanwhile, Kym’s co-star Alison King, who plays factory boss Carla Connor, gave birth to a baby girl on Wednesday.

1. Fiona says

This is terrible news, 25 weeks pregnant myself and can truly feel her pain. My thoughts are with her and her family. Also I think its best ignoring the immature and unstable comments left, this is about offering condolences to the poor family.

I don’t know who this lady is but I do feel very sorry for her and wish her well! I am praying for her. I also have to say that I enjoy Niloofar very much and find her a joy on here. I don’t think she is fake or phoney at all and she seems to be very mature for her age, which is a blessing in one so young.

3. Niloofar-1993 says

Wow, I don’t know what should I do to make you believe!
    I looked at those comments, and just laughed! maybe the “!..” is typical for foreigners! but I should say that you are VERY CLEVER, because you pay attention to each word!
    again, I AM WHO I AM, and I have never changed my name to another name, I even, really don’t know what is the meaning of some words, she has used in her comments, e.g “aborted”!

4. RachieUK says

I tihnk that comments such as yours Michelle are probably left unsaid. To those women out there who deserve the human being that is growing inside of them, then this news is terrible and I feel so sorry for Kym. To those who feel it is ‘not important’ that this baby died, then it’s probably a good thing you aren’t a mother yourself, because what a shame it would be for your children to have a mother like you. I feel sorry for you.

5. Wow says

Happy Valentines Day!
    But how do you explain the identical writing styles?
    Those crazy commas you both use so frequently in every sentence are a dead giveaway.
    But the “!..” you both use is even more telling. It is very unusual for someone to put that in their writing, but it is typical for both you & Michelle.
    Michelle post #11:
    really sorry for you!..
    Michelle post #16:
    that you want!..
    Niloofar post #21:
    the LOONY BIN!..

6. Niloofar-1993 says

Wow, dear, you are completely wrong!
    yeah, I totally agree with that Michelle’s first language isn’t English, but in this world I’m not the only person, whose first language isn’t English!
    I’m not in the middle of conflicts, but if it relates to me I will be! like here!
    so, don’t judge about people when you don’t know them, and when you’re not sure about something!

7. Wow says

Ok, I’m just going to come out and say this.
    Niloofar, I have had my suspicions about you for a while. Whenever there is a conflict you seem to be right in the middle of it. The person you are having the conflict with ususally has the same writing style as you with commas in all the wrong places. Another thing, from “Michelle’s” posts it is obvious that English is not her first language. Just like you, interesting. (It is also obvious that post #15 was typed by someone different, trying to butt in or be funny.)
    So Niloofar, please quit playing these games pretending to be someone else just to cause trouble.

8. Niloofar-1993 says

Michelle, I’m just so sorry for you,…as you told me before you are living in the LOONY BIN!.. here, just your not a HUMAN, at least not a HEALTHY human!

9. Michelle( the real one) says

#15- I know that, it’s very nice to hide behind of your computer screen, and say everything that you want!.. you are a good writer, it was a nice story!

I’m 23 yr, I became pregnant for 3 times, and I have aborted
    each times, it’s so usual for me and for my boyfriends, that is why, I didn’t become sad for this celeb!

10. Michelle says

haha,you guys just became emotional, I’m really sorry for you!.. again, it’s not important if that baby died, you are just showing yourself sad, because he/she was a celeb!

to niloofar- yeah I’m nasty,but not nastier than you, u are a TRASH, who is making this website NASTY.
    to katie- human??? just like YOU and me??? are you a human????
    to lola- “best ignored”.. so why didn’t you ignore??
    best-get lost…

11. Vicky says

I cant’ even imagine what that poor woman went through.

It will be even harder for as well because her sister in law on the soap (carla) gave birth the same day and then another actor gave birth yesterday (Wiki) and then another one today. (David Platt’s girlfriend)

12. Lauren says

How horrible. No family should go through something horrible as losing a child. Best Wishes to them.

13. Katie says

How horrible. I cannot imagine the pain that their family must be feeling. My heart and prayers go out to Kym, Jamie, and their entire family at this most difficult time. To lose a child is to lose a part of yourself, and I cannot imagine going through something like that.

To Michelle- How dare you say something like that? A baby is a human being, just like you and me. Babies bring so much joy and happiness into the world and to lose one is a horrible, horrible tragedy. I cannot even begin to comprehend what would cause you to make a comment like that.

Anyway, my prayers are with their whole family at this time. May God help them to heal, always keeping Archie Jay in their hearts.

14. Niloofar-1993 says

michelle, SHUT YOUR TRAP!
    if someone like you die, this world will become clean.
    everybody, this nasty woman just want attention, don’t leave a comment for answering to her!

so sad ;( my heart goes out to her.

15. Collette u.k says

My heart goes out to you michelle+family ur strong +get through it i lost 3 babies it awful poor thing