Chyler Leigh To Name Her Daughter "Aniston"?

anistonopt

Grey’s Anatomy star Chyler Leigh, who has two children with Nathan West, told The Insider that their baby girl will be named “Aniston” when she arrives in May!

Though now in a great place, Chyler, 26, has had a tough life, and isn’t shy opening up about her story. By 17 she was addicted to any drug she could get her hands on, but yesterday marked her seventh year sober.

“It was a combination of everything,” she said. “It was a pupu platter of drugs, whatever we could do. I just hit that point of searching for something, anything that would make everything go away and make me numb. It was a deadly combination.”

Splash News Online & Source

Comments

1. Shawna says

I have a 12 year old daughter and her name is Aniston. It is a rare name…. I hope it stays that way.

I LOVE THAT NAME…I might steal it too if mine is a girl!!! I have one daughter named Rachel…(yes from Friends) I never thought of her last name for a first name..very pretty!!!

3. Nicki says

Kayleigh–Had you said this the first time—I don’t like the name Aniston for a first name it sounds silly! That would have been your opinion, that wouldn’t have been taken as negative. But your first post #17 was all negative.
    This is a baby site, not Dlisted or Perez Hilton or the numerous other sites that posters thrive on mean and nasty comments. I’m not saying it was mean and nasty, but it was completely negative. (#17)

Good for this woman for being in her 7th year clean. Best wishes to her and her family. I personally don’t care for the name, but maybe they will call her Anna. Aniston is a LOT better than Apple to me.

4. Kayleigh says

Oriana…My comments are not always negative…I don’t like the name Aniston for a first name it sounds silly! I think I’m intitled to my opinion, I won’t agree with something if I don’t like it just to please everybody else!

Kaylieigh, why are your remarks always negative? It sounds like you are unhappy with your life, please don’t be so bitter, get some professional help if possible, I have been bitter too, but I chose to get better instead, you should do the same!

6. this site is slow says

i have no sympathy for ex-druggies or drunks, they disgust me. the first thing that came to my mind was jeniffer Aniston how can you ask why we mention her? she is a world famous actress and I haven’t heard of anyone else with that name or last name.
    pregnancy guide what a stupid comment, as for your question, whites do have more freedom.

Oh come on, people are naming their kids all kinds of things these days. NO offense, but African Americans can make up anything they want and no one cares. Whites do it and we are nuts. Whose got more freedom in this world. I think Aniston makes a lovely first name, if the story is even true. I would think Jennifer would be honored too.

8. dori says

I love the name Aniston ..it’s very cute for a little girl. It probably has nothing to do with Jennifer.
    She’s verygood on Greys..congratulations to her!

9. Niloofar-1993 says

I agree with Oriana,.. #3, your comment is silly!

p.s: does “Aniston” have any special meaning???

She is cute, doesn’t look at all like someone who has had a drug problem. I am happy she is doing so much better with her life. I think the name Aniston is fine, I am not a fan of Jennifer and she isn’t the only Aniston in the world! I have been disappointed with Grey’s this year, I watch the show and enjoy it, but I think the writers need to come up with some better story lines.

11. Gbaby says

i like the name it sounds cute for a girl different who cares about jennifer she aint the only one with that name you know how many more people have her 1st name??

12. colle says

I liked her from the show Reunion. But don’t like the name. What name next for a child- Pitt or Mayer?

13. Uneekladi says

Why do you think that Grey’s Anatomy is going off the air? This show is a great medical drama, which every Thursday beats out many other shows with the most viewers. If ER can last 15 season then this show can last at least 10 in my opinion. I also glad that this lady has opened up about her drug addiction to show people that you can sober up and turn your life around. People on the boards are so judgmental and some really need to have a reality check with what is wrong with their on lives before committing on why someone has their own opinion on what to name their own baby.

I think it’s a cute name for a little girl. Jennifer Aniston is not the only Aniston in the world, even if she is the only one you hear about. At least it isn’t something crazy like these other celebrities are coming up with.

I don’t find anything wrong with talking about your success with turning drug addiction around. I don’t think it’s for publicity it’s just apart of her life. That’s what people talk about, things they have experienced and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. It may save someone else’s life.

15. yayaya says

WOW………………. I think she is crazy about Jennifer Aniston because of that she named her daughter ‘ANISTON’…………..=O……….=O….=O
    it is seems silly ………….

16. mslewis says

I’ve never seen Grey’s, and never will, but I have heard this woman talk about her past drug problems over and over and over again. Enough already!!! I never knew who she was and why she was blabbering on about something so personal. She’s not a big enough star for people to care. I wish she would shut up but after Grey’s is off the air (probably soon) I imagine we will hear even more about her druggie life. Guess she needs the publicity and it worked for Angelina.