Charlotte Church & Gavin Henson Welcome A Son!

(In the above pic Charlotte and Gavin are pictured with their daughter Ruby)

UPDATE: Charlotte and Gavin selected a simple and classic name for their son.

“Gavin and Charlotte have chosen the name Dexter for their new baby boy,” their Web site said. “In keeping with the Henson family tradition, Dexter will also have the name Lloyd as a middle name.”

“They planned a home birth all along, so it was nice not to have to rush to the hospital,” a friend told Us magazine. “They’re just relieved. Char was 10 days overdue and was in absolute agony in those last few days. She felt like she could burst — literally!”

The pal added: “There were no complications, but it was it was a long birth. She was in labor for about eight hours.”

Singer Charlotte Church and rugby star Gavin Henson welcomed their second child, a boy, on Sunday, she announced on her Web site.

The boy – who weighed 7 lbs. and 5 oz. – was born just after midnight at their home in south Wales.

“Mum and baby are both doing just fine,” read the statement.

Charlotte, 22, has yet to announce the baby’s name.

She first blogged in June that they were expecting again. “Here we go again!!!” she said.

The couple welcomed a daughter, Ruby Megan Henson, in 2007.

1. crorkz says

ZZ27Na You can certainly see your skills within the paintings you write. The arena hopes for more passionate writers such as you who aren’t afraid to mention how they believe. Always follow your heart.

Hello very nice web site!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Wonderful .. I will bookmark your blog and take the feeds also?I’m satisfied to seek out a lot of useful info here in the submit, we want work out more strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .

3. what? says

She was not rushed to the hosptal, she had a homebirth. She was it was nice NOT to have to rush to a hospital.

4. Nicole says

I can’t believe that your Doctor allowed you to go through labor for 42 hours without doing something. What a jerk.

5. Jennifer says

She was rushed to the hospital after a long labor…since when is 8 hours considered a long labor? I was in labor for 42 hours. 8 is a piece of cake! I’ll take that any day.

6. Bliss says

Re #19 & #20 – I was just kidding. I knew it was Ruby from the caption. Of course, it’s virtually impossible to tell the sex of a newborn just by the face. Especially when wrapped in a white blanket. Not a stitch of pink anywhere.

7. Bliss says

8. emma says

The baby in the picture is there daughter Ruby, i dont think the name is too bad it really could be worse. im sure he will be just as cute as ruby .

9. Charlie says

wow wasnt expecting that thought they would have a more traditional name .. but i like it its diff but not too cooky Congrats again : )

10. Jem says

I know his name is Dexter because i checked up on charlotte’s official website which broke the news first. They also have the name on Celebrity Baby Blog.

Apparently Wikipedia and British news said his name was Rocco Montgomery lol.

11. Jem says

Actually after saying the name repeatedly after a while, with my welsh accent it doesn’t sound so bad. I just didn’t expect her to choose that name. Surely they’ll call him Dex which is pretty cool.

12. yayaya says

CONGRATS,charlotte is pretty.I like her.

maybe they choose ROOBY for their son!!!

it’s suit to Ruby!!! RUBY & ROOBY!!!

13. Kate says

I bet the baby will have a really cute name just like Ruby Megan! I can’t wait to hear the name! Congrats to their family!! Their son will probably be very good looking, as he comes from two very nice looking people

14. Charlie says

ohh congrats to charlotte and gavin on there new baby boy 🙂 soo weird i was thinking when was she going to give birth and i come on here and see she did give birth . I reckon they will call him like Jonathon or Rhys .

15. Jem says

I read on a website that she was due in November, so ever since then ive been checking all over the internet trying to find out if she had her baby yet 2 months on! lol.

Happy she’s finally had the baby now! Cant wait to hear the name, congrats Charlotte and Gav. xx