Jennifer Garner & Ben Affleck Welcome Their Second Daughter!

jenbaby2

Jen and Ben have welcomed their second daughter!

Jen’s rep said: “Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck gave birth to a healthy baby girl.”

The baby was born Tuesday in Los Angeles. No other details were immediately available.

A smiling Jennifer was spotted being wheeled on a roll-away hospital bed as she was taken to her room. A blanket was draped over her, and it appeared that she was holding the baby. Shortly after, the hospital staff brought in a portable bassinet and heart monitor to check on the baby.

The baby girl joins big sister Violet, 3.

Former Alias costar and close friend Victor Garber recently said that Jen, 36, is an excellent mother.

“It’s her second child,” Victor Garber told People magazine. “She knows what to do. She’s probably the best mother I’ve ever witnessed.”

In June, Ben, 36, said, “We’re very happy. Things couldn’t be better. We’re kind of taking it easy and just kind of enjoying a little downtime at home.”

Awww…congratulations!

I wonder what name they will choose…Vivian, Iris, Victoria?

Comments

1. Anne says

They named her Seraphina Elizabeth Rose Affleck (Sera)
    It is a Hebrew name and I believe Affleck and Garner are both Jewish names. Seraphina sounds like a cartoon character-not liking it at all.

2. Jordyn says

You guys are all disturbed!
    Heres the REAL theory on their choice for the name Violet!
    Being Violet looks EXACTLY like Victor Garber (Jens close and very Gay friend), what a coincidence that she chose a name that started with a V. Just a theory!

Another Garner girl! Now Ben really is outnumbered! lol. How sweet for Violet to be the big sister now. 🙂 I agree with Greta- It is so nice for sisters to be close in age. It makes the bond that much closer for the rest of their lives. Sisters have such a precious relationship. <3

congrats to jen ben and vi but i like these names for a baby girl

GABIRELLA
    KATELYNN
    BETHANY
    ALICE
    SELENA
    JESSICA

5. Freya says

Well, I’m sure she has a lovely name, but I was thinking Naomi would be nice. Some other ideas:

Charlotte
    Hannah
    Deirdre
    Thalia
    Audrey
    Persephone
    Amelie
    Olivia (my daughter’s name)
    Priscilla
    Jessamine/Jasmine
    Elanor
    Ruby
    Scarlett
    Tessa
    Heidi
    Sabrina
    Caroline
    Genevieve

6. Lurker says

I don’t know what they’ll name her of course..but judging by Violet’s name, I’m relatively sure there’s a decent chance we’ll get another NORMAL kind of name out of their family..YAY!
    Violet is a different kind of name, but not completely unusual..good for them.

Though I have to wonder why no other information has come out about the baby. I do hope everything is alright with her and the family.

7. Niloofar says

#38-mom of 2 girls:
    very nice names 🙂 special AVA( it means melody,a beautiful song) 🙂

8. anon says

Why are you all listing name suggestions? You could go on forever like that. They’ll pick what they pick.

9. mommy-of-two-girls says

well, if we talk about iranian names, i have to add

morvarid, hana, leyla, sanaz, soraya, and ava

congrats ben and jen. they seem to be a wonderful family and i love how happy violet always looks.

10. Niloofar says

HI LOLA 🙂
    hads zade boodam ke tooi!!! lol
    I really HOPE to visit you someday…….. in Iran or L.A 🙂

11. Rockstar Mama! says

Congrats Jen and Ben! This is my fav celeb couple because they are the most down to earth (it seems). I was hoping they would have a boy but I know Jen is happy to have another happy beautiful “mini-me” tagging along!
    😀

12. Racharoo! says

I would love the baby to be named any of the following:

April
    Erin
    Elizabeth
    Cassandra
    Georgia
    Catherine
    Sophia
    Jasmine
    Meredith

all of these sound very classic and sophisticated just like Violet’s name!!

13. Greta says

how exciting! its nice that violet will have a little sister so close in age, i bet as a result (of being pretty close in age and sharing the same gender)…they will grow up with a close bond and be great friends! cant wait to hear the name!

14. Anna says

Iris would be a BEAUTIFUL name! Especially with a big sister named Violet. Congrats to the whole family. They’re the most down to earth people in Hollywood. I mean seriously, when’s the last time you’ve seen any other celeb moms wearing jeans, an old sweatshirt, and tennis shoes? Every pic I’ve ever seen of Jennifer she’s been smiling, with her daughter. Again, congrats!

15. meg says

Hi Niloo,this is Lola Meg Karimi.YOU KNOW ME 🙂
    My mom is American and my dad an Iranian.
    I can speak Farsi fluently,actually I am living
    in L.A .There are lots of Iranians In Encino.(where I live)
    Hope you can come to visit someday…eh?
    In case I come to Iran,I will let you know so we can meet…?
    Would be great…….. 🙂

16. ELIE TAYLOR says

Thanks Baby Razzi for the extra info about Jen being wheeled to her room.. Guess a nurse must of said that
    about the bassinett and baby heart monitor…

17. yayaya says

these names: Veronica, Federica, Sabrina, Monica, Nickela, Nickta, Paula, Manuela, Ilery, Joya, etc

18. Kay says

Congrats on your baby girl! In keeping with the flower theme, I think the names Iris or Lily would be pretty names.

19. Niloofar says

MEG: ( Damet garm)
    You’re suggestions are ecxelent 🙂
    but, can I know where are you from??? the names were Iranian!!!!

20. catsue says

One of the few Hollywood couples you can’t say anything bad about! I love the name Violet. Hope they don’t come up with some horrible name like ALL the recent Hollywood ones- including Rebecca Romijn’s Charlie (for a girl?), Gwen Stefani’s two boys, Bronx, Sunday, and on and on!

21. claudiazz says

I read where Ben is adamant about not naming their child some hideous made up “Hollyweird” name, so I look for their daughter to have a more traditional moniker.

22. Aliciasweets85 says

awww, great…and i am sure the child will be just as hid30us as the other m0n5ter of a daughter they have. Man these two dont make the best gene combination for kids…

23. Jem says

Congrats to the whole family, if only the baby waited one more day! lol.

*_*Happy Birthday to me*_*

24. accalia says

Yay! Finally 🙂
    I love Jennifer Garner 🙂 She seems like such a great mom and I think she is the most normal and down to earth celebrity there is! Congrats to her and Ben. I’m pretty sure their daughter would not have a too out of the ordinary name 🙂 Violet Anne is sort of old fashioned, but those are common names. Violet is so adorable. Congrats again!

25. meg says

My name suggestions plus what NILOO said would be:
    Donya,Delaram,Samira,Arezoo,Nadia,Hasty…….

26. Collette uk says

Yeah wel i thought a boy wonder what weight she was overdue abit im just potty training my daughter at moment :-S

27. Niloofar says

Congratulations 🙂
    I suggest these names:

Franak, Shahnaz, Saba, Nastaran, Golfam, Anahita, Atena, Rozita, Rojan, Dorsa…….

28. Suzi says

These 2 people are the most amazing and normal couple I have seen in a very long time. They are so perfect together and they are both amazing parents it seems. Their daughter, Violet, is ALWAYS smiling and happy and adorable.
    Congratulations to the new addition….
    Ben hand Jen look so happy and I am so glad they finally realized that they were meant to be together.
    He was so out of his element with the other Jen.
    Jenifer Garner is an amazing woman!

29. g says

“Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck gave birth to a healthy baby girl.”

They ‘jointly’ gave birth? Wow, I wonder if Ben had an epidural…

30. Josie says

That’s awesome news! Congratulations to them! So many girls being born these days to people I know. I think I read somewhere that it has to do with the winter season and the female gender.