Rebecca Romijn & Jerry O'Connell Welcome Twin Girls!

UPDATE: The rwin girls are named Dolly Rebecca Rose and Charlie Tamara Tuli, and were born on December 28th.

“Mother, father and both girls are all home and doing well,” said Rebecca’s rep.

“They had twin girls, Dolly and Charlie,” Howard Stern said. “Rebecca likes Dolly Parton, so they named the one after Dolly Parton, and Jerry got to name the other one Charlie, but his brother’s name is Charlie — and it’s a girl Charlie.”

Rebecca Romijn and husband Jerry O’Connell have welcomed twin girls, Howard Stern announced on his Sirius radio show Monday morning.

Shortly after Rebecca’s pregnancy was announced, Jerry, 34, joked that he was already feeling protective of his unborn daughters.

“Just the fact that they’re girls, you know?” he told Us magazine. “I don’t want them to date. They’re only allowed to date men who run countries. They’re only allowed to date men who are heir to the throne or are currently running a nation.”

In November, Rebecca, 36, told Page Six magazine she was ready to give birth. (She had to skip friend Howard Stern’s October wedding because she was put on bed rest.)

“I can’t move anymore… I’m a beached whale!” she said. “I have not been without a bra this entire pregnancy. I refuse. I’m not taking any chances. I’m determined to keep the puppies up!”

She also revealed that the twins were conceived without the help of in vitro fertilization or the fertility drug Clomid.

“A year ago, we tried Clomid for a couple of months unsuccessfully,” Rebecca said. “But by the second month, I was like, ‘Ahhh! I hate this!’ I think when you start messing with your own hormones, it’s crazy-making.”

Having babies is a dream, she added.

“I was never a girl who dreamed about what her wedding day would be like, but I’ve always dreamed about decorating my baby’s nursery.”

And Jerry will make a “fantastic dad,” she said. “He’s a pragmatic, smart, savvy, enthusiastic person. He really lives his life with tremendous integrity, and he’s a healthy person in every single way.”

Rebecca and Jerry “are going to be the most fun, zany parents in California,” Ugly Betty star Vanessa Williams told Us magazine in September. “The kids are going to be gorgeous.

“And she’s smart, she’s talented, she’s funny, and she’s well grounded,” Vanessa added. “That’s what you need to be to be a great mom and raise great kids.”

1. joueala says

can’t wait to see their twins!!! is it really true that their girls are fraternal twins???

2. mommy-of-two-girls says

aww, congrats to them.

i like charlie for a girl, i’m not to fond of the name dolly. but hey, to each their own.
    overall not bad names at all.

3. emmauk says

You people will moan and slag off anything and everything. People can name their kids whatever the hell they like

I like this couple, congrats to them.
    I have to agree they are NOT the worst names out there (Bronx, Zuma, Apple: you get the idea 🙂 )
    But I can’t help but want to call out for a dog, “come here Dolly, come on Charlie”
    They sound like names for dogs.
    Charlie for a girl YUCK!
    If all Rebecca “ever dreamed about” was decorating a baby nusery then maybe she should have taken the time and invested in a baby name book. Although I like them they strike me as VERY immature…jmo

5. Jane says

Rebecca and Jerry seem like fake people. Can’t stand them.

Ugly names for these babies – yuck!!

Charlie for a girl is usually a nickname for Charlotte.

Yeah, it’s a cute idea to give baby names to babies, but not to adults, which is what they become.

7. yayaya says

Nilofar- first read the comments, then leave a comment!!!
    Dolly,it’s better than other names like apple or ever ,but it’s not cute!!! lol

8. catsue says

#19: I had two girl friends in school named Charlene. Charlie for Charlene? Huh? That’s not even close. Why would a girl want a man’s name? That’s like naming their girls Robert and Henry.
    Seems like everyone in Hollywood is trying to out due each other by coming up with the stupidest, made-up names. I thought Tom Cruise won with Suri but then his own ex-wife beat him to it with Sunday. I’m waiting for the next Hollywood baby to be named Brocolli or Cucumber or some other nonsense!

9. LOLA says

try to keep the puppies up?? Hahahaha her puppies have been saggy for a long time now.. I saw her at some show on MTV in a bikini and her puppies were very saggy and flattened, and that was way before she even got preggo. oh well…. Good luck with the babies! I’m sure she can afford a boob job tho…lol

10. NSGirl says

Dolly? Dumb! Charlie..a bit better…2 middle names is lame- especially the ones they choose…I thought for sure Rebecca and Jerry would choose MUCH better names than these?! I’m sure they will be beautiful though..with hot looking parents it would be hard not to! 🙂

11. Anne says

Once again silly names for the girls. Charlene for short usually ends up Charlie anyways but naming it just Charlie-ridiculous.

12. stylishmom says

saw this super cute webiste that carries a lot of the brands celebrity kids are wearing. they have organic bamboo from kicky pants and red wagon baby. (halle berry, gwen stefani, and angelina jolie are known to dress their children in these brands).

they also have a parents playground forum where you can leave comments on what other moms are talking about.

super cute!

13. catsue says

Good luck with those names when they are older.

When Dolly is older everyone will make references to BIG BOOBS like Dolly.

Charlie for a girl? That was Kelly McGillis’ name in Top Gun remember!

I don’t like either name. Put them on the list of stupidiest Hollywood baby names!

14. Kate says

Dolly(after Dolly Parton) Rebecca (obvioulsy after Rebecca) Rose (a flower) and Charlie(after Jerry’s brother) Tamara (after Rebecca’s sister) Tulip (a flower)

Dolly Rebecca Rose and Charlie Tamara Tulip… so cute! Much better than Bronx Mowgli and Zuma Nesta Rock imo. Good luck with your babies Rebecca and Jerry!

15. Lauren says

Congratulations! Not keen on the names but whatever suits them! They’ll be gorgeous babies!

16. Jem says

I like the fact that they’ve chosen a CTT and DRR pattern. Not keen on the names though, they’re too different. The middle names are better. But still Congrats to them.

17. uoykcillli says

Let’s see she likes Dolly Parton and his brother’s name is Charlie so that’s where they got the names from? They couldn’t think of anything else?

18. BB says

OMG…the twins phenomenon of Hollywood strikes again!
    Dolly? Charlie? Ewww. Only allowed to date men that run countries? Determined to keep the puppies up? What a superficial couple!

19. Niloofar says

SORRY, I didn’t read the comments above!!!!!!! lol

in my book the names are really nice 🙂