Bristol Palin Welcomes A Son

Bristol Palin, the 18-year-old daughter of former Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin, welcomed a son, Tripp Easton Mitchell Johnston, on Sunday in Palmer, Alaska. The little boy weighed 7 lb., 4 oz.

“We think it’s wonderful,” said Colleen Jones, the sister of Bristol’s grandmother Sally Heath, who confirmed the news. “The baby is fine and Bristol is doing well. Everyone is excited.”

Baby Tripp takes his surname from his dad, Levi Johnston, an apprentice electrician and former Wasilla High School hockey player who has been dating Bristol for three years.

Bristol is currently residing in Wasilla and completing her high-school diploma through correspondence courses.

Levi is studying to become an electrician. He told the Associated Press in October that he and fiancée Bristol plan to wed in 2009 and raise the child together.

When the news of the pregnancy broke, Bristol’s parents said their daughter “came to us with news that we as parents knew would make her grow up faster than we had ever planned.” They added, Bristol “has our unconditional love and support.”

1. Analise says

Are you kidding? On THIS blog with all the O b a m a lovers? I wonder how many have even heard of Sowell…

2. Niloofar says

HI Oriana,of course, it’s not our new year,our new year is two months later 🙂 but I really love christmas 🙂

Kayleigh- I had guessed!!!

3. Another Mama Against Obama says

Congrats on the baby. I think in my opinion that it doesn’t matter how the mother is that she still has a chance at being a good mother

Hi Jenna, where have you been ? I asked about you a while ago and didn’t hear so thought you might be busy traveling. Happy New Year to you and hope all is well. So glad to hear from you my Dear!

5. Jenna M. (UK) says

I don’t like the name Tripp personally but I don’t think its that bad. Certainly not as awful as Trigg and Track anyway!

Hey Oriana and Kx5, hope you both had a great New Year! Kx5, I left a comment on your blog saying congratulations on the new additions!

6. Niloofar says

I’m in the habit of hearing this dumb names, specially when I see Track I really laughedddddddddd alot,
    anyway congrats 🙂

LOLA- salam 🙂 koja boodi ye modat????

KAYLIEGH- one of most important questions in my life is that know HOW OLD ARE YOU????? lol

7. Samsmom says

I suppose the haters on here are the “chosen few” who have the authority to decide which names are acceptable and decide which people are smart enough to name their own children. Any of you on here ever read “The Vision of the Anointed” by Thomas Sowell? Might do some of you some good.

8. Me, that's who says

I must be trippin on the track, I almost pulled the trig, I stumbled on a piece of bristol, and it was so willow!

9. MOMX3 says

I worked with a guy named Tripp also…so it’s not as weird to me as some of these Hollywood names like Pineapple or Notebook. He didn’t get teased at all, unlike one of our workers whose last name was “Hiller” and they called her “Hitler” all the time.

But, I really did expect this baby MUCH LATER considering the weirdness when Trig was born.

10. anonymous says

Reminds me of the name Linda Tripp, the woman who deceived Monica Lewinsky during the Clinton years.

11. Ellen says

Not a bad name at all. Many of us here have given our children names that many people have rolled their eyes over and we all know it. Or alter the spelling to be unique and again cause others to roll their eyes. . But if the parents like it, and the children grow up to tolerate and keep it, then no big deal.

“You all must be ‘trippin'” – Good one LOLA! I was going to say something to that effect! LOL

Kayleigh- the language is despicable, but I get the idea you don’t know how to use that word. Just to keep you from looking silly as well as potty-mouthed, find out its supposed to be used. Wow…I can’t believe I’m talking about the proper usage of the “F” word. Just don’t say it at all; how about that? LOL

I don’t find Tripp to be a terrible name, I don’t particularly understand the 4 name trend but to each his own I suppose.

I do find this not to be news…sorry

I like the name myself. I think the Dad is a very handsome young man, and the mommy is very pretty also. I don’t see them getting married and I don’t see it being a lasting relationship if they do. I would love to see them both further their education. Just too young and in too much limelight, it is sad to see two young lives take this course.

And Kayleigh, what is the matter with you? Is something wrong with you? Your comments always sound ignorant to me.

15. Analise says

Ah nevermind. #16 has done her DU job. Very predictable.

BTW, of COURSE my original comment is awaiting moderation.

16. Me, that's who says

tripp! lmaooooooooo

what a st upid name! just like it’s grandmother!

wait, is this really true? does she actually have a baby?

Finally trip can join his baby brother, I mean uncle! who cares?

17. Renee says

If 18 minus 3 is 13 maybe some one need to return to high school herself. Funny how about the time I was born most mothers were around the age of 18, I know mine was. Some people are so judgemental to bad it is not a requirement on here that you must state eveything that goes on in our life and family because I bet eveything on here has been done at some point in every family out there. Anyway congrats to the couple on their new baby.

18. Jen says

Scarlett — If Bristol is now 18 and has been dating Levi for 3 years she was 15 when they began dating, not 13. 15 seems like an age when dating would start…freshman/sophomore year of high school.

19. Scarlett says

What is with these STUPID names? I guess they are not all that smart to begin with. Knocked up at 18. It also states she has been with this boy for 3yrs? I am sorry how can any mother allow a child at 13 to have a boyfriend?

20. Jem says

Track, Trigg, Tripp. What a tongue twister. Name isn’t nice but it’s not terrible either, everybodies heard worse!

Kayleigh calm down, no need for language.

21. suzi says

Wow! Didn’t realize Tripp was such a bad name, I know 2 Tripp’s and they are both great people, I love the name! Guess it really doesn’t matter what anyone thinks, she carried the baby 9 months, she can name it whatever she wants! Congrts on the healthy baby!

22. Amber says

That name will look great on a resume in 30 years…… Nevermind, you don’t need a resume to work at WalMart.

23. Bethany says

I know several kids named Tripp….must be a popular name around here. I don’t think it’s so bad…kinda different, but not too weird.

24. Anon says

I had a friend in high school whose name was Tripp. I do not recall anyone ever making fun of him. He was a rather popular individual, pretty much everyone knew him because of his name.

tripp stupid name indeed..

when he grows up hes gonna get teased i could already imagaine what they gonna say

hey lets trip tripp