Michelle Duggar Welcomes Her 18th Child!

duggar

(In the above pic the Duggar family is pictured before the latest arrival)

Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar of Tontitown, Ark., welcomed their eighteenth child Thursday – Jordyn-Grace Makiya, who joins the rest of her J-named siblings.

Jordyn-Grace was born via C-section at Mercy Medical Center in Rogers, weeks before her due date of January 1st. She weighed in at 7 lbs, 3 oz and was 20 inches long.

“Mother and baby are resting and doing well,” shared a rep for the Duggar family, whose crowded house is featured on the TLC network show 17 Kids & Counting.

The other children – who range in age from 20 years to 17 months – are Joshua (who married Anna Keller in September and says he is looking forward to the “blessing of children” of his own), twins John-David and Jana, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joy-Anna, twins Jeremiah and Jedidiah, Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, Johannah and Jennifer.

Their parents married when Michelle was 17 and Jim Bob was 19. (Her mother had to officially sign permission.) After birth-control pills were blamed for a miscarriage, the couple decided to throw them out. They’ve had a new baby approximately every 18 months since.

“What really works for me is swaddling a baby and snuggling up,” Michelle told People magazine in an interview last year. “I love that time of just bonding and nursing a little baby. And, with a new baby, I realize that I don’t need as much sleep as I used to think I did. You learn. This time goes by so quickly. I look at my older children and wonder where the time went.”

A special on Jordyn-Grace’s birth will air December 22nd at 10 p.m. on TLC.

Good gracious! I cannot imagine having that many children, but more power to those who can manage it!

Congratulations to the Duggar family!

Comments

hey there and thank you to your information ? I’ve definitely picked up anything new from right here. I did on the other hand experience several technical issues the use of this web site, as I skilled to reload the website lots of times prior to I may just get it to load correctly. I had been pondering in case your web hosting is OK? No longer that I am complaining, but sluggish loading circumstances occasions will often have an effect on your placement in google and can damage your quality ranking if ads and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I’m adding this RSS to my email and can look out for a lot extra of your respective interesting content. Make sure you replace this once more very soon..

I used to be suggested this website via my cousin. I’m not certain whether this submit is written by way of him as no one else recognise such distinct about my difficulty. You are wonderful! Thanks!

Attractive element of content. I just stumbled upon your site and in accession capital to claim that I acquire actually enjoyed account your weblog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing on your augment or even I success you get entry to persistently fast.

4. StarLite says

Baby 19 just announced as on the way. Got a chance to chat with Michelle and Jim Bob when they were taping their show in D.C. I did not relaize that they make over $100,000 per taping of a show. I was blown away. The kids also each get a weekly allowance from TLC of $500 per child. The family also get $1,000 everytime a show is rerun on televison. They definitely need the money to take care of those great kids but I never ever realized that these reality shows were so lucrative. Silly me used to think that people on these shows just got to be on TV and were not compensated. Who knew?? God bless!

5. Gosselins4me says

This is crazy, people are mean to the Gosselins for having 8 kids but people are congratulating her for having 18 babies! This is crazy!

6. nicole says

michelle if your reading this way to go i give you props i would say your kids are the most careing and giving individuals i would love for you to come to my house i only two at home and i have the worst problems any one could imagaine, i can say my oldest is serving are nation so we can have the freedom to choose how we live and what we say i am so proud of her .so plese help me with the other two i have at home. bless you and your family

7. Nanny says

Personally, it’s absolutely nobody else’s business how many children any family has. I have worked as a Nanny for over 13yrs and have cared for small and large families. I am also a parent of 3 kids and want to have more – maybe 6. One question though – I wonder when the female body gives up and can’t physically produce anymore children?. What effect does all of these pregnancies and childbirth’s have on this woman’s body? How many Caesarian’s can a woman have? Is there anybody with a medical degree who can answer this question?
    A lot of people are quick to criticise on how MANY children they have but I want to know how her BODY can cope with sooooo many pregnancies/birth’s? One poster above said her grandma’s uterus exploded and fell out after the 10th child???? How many children are medically possible? Does anybody know?

8. che says

having one child or ten children does not determine how happy a family will be, people have one kid and they claim it to b a lonely childhood, the have four its too many children, and guess what only children also grow up with issues so don’t bash them for having 18 its a choice and the Duggars made theirs, so all you haters go deal with your daddy issues and stop disturbing people. maybe the Duggars are tired, maybe they are doing it for some religious reason, maybe they are doing it for the publicity , or for the money, SO WHAT! As long as they are doing the best they can to raise them, and whats wrong with having the older ones help out with the younger ones, isn’t that what family is if you care so much don’t give them your penny. why is it your problem, if it bothers you so much don’t have that many children and let those that want to do, by the way who made the jolie-pitts a yardstick or measure for other parents on how many kids to have. and by the way why should they have to adopt someone else’s child if they want to and are able to have theirs, there is nothing selfiish about that (don’t get me wrong there is nothing wrong with adoption but, don’t make it mandatory, oh and i like the jolie-pitts)

9. Anne says

How can she be a real estate agent when she has a family to look after? Yes, the older girls end up looking after the younger ones but being home-schooled, they and the boys don’t seem to have any interaction with other kids their age or be involved in school activities etc. What time does she have with her husband other than getting pregnant? Remember, we really don’t know what goes on behind the family door when the cameras are not rolling. What you see on camera is not necessarily their true life. Without TV exposure etc. they would not have all this money.

10. Carol says

This is one crazy lady, she is a baby factory. I wish Dr’s would advise her not to have more kids. She has the baby and takes care of it for six months, passes it on to the older kids and then gets pg again. She likes being PG because she gets so much attention, she must need to be the center of attention all the time. I bet when these kids have families they only have one or 2 or maybe none because as kids they had to raise kids. It appears she does nothing but give birth. The kids all have to do all the work and she just gives orders. However having all these kids has given them a great home which TLC helped pay for and now they have a TV show which I refuse to watch. It appears like our government and TLC will be paying for college educations for their kids. I really don’t like the two adult Duggers. I enjoy Jon and Kate but at least they have stopped having kids.

11. Analise says

Her body, her choice. Why does that only apply if a woman wants to kill her child, not give birth?

12. sara says

It’s amazing to me that not one of them has any genetic problems~! Esp with her being over 35. God is good!

13. SbK says

Maybe they have a baby name book and are trying to get through all of the names beginning with the letter J? just a thought!

14. Mona says

Also, how do you know that they don’t get quality time with their parents? My parents always make sure that each of us got to do something special with him, and we could always talk to them individually. I would say that my siblings and I have better relationships with my parents than many other kids I know. In addition, I have 9 siblings to talk to when I need advice.

They’re not trying to convert you, they’re not walking door to door to spread their message, so stop being so intolerant and be happy with your own family.

15. Mona says

I understand all of the comments people are making, but lay off the family. Who are you to judge that it’s sick and wrong to have that many kids? Many families do not believe in birth control. I come from a family of 10, and never once were my parents on welfare or ask for any assistance. I have cousins with 18, 16, 14, and 22 kids apiece. Their families are extremely loving and the older kids do not care for the younger ones. All of the kids play sports and participate with their friends and school.

The problem I have with this family is that all of the kids are homeschooled. I have nothing against homeschooling itself, I just think that with such a large family, its important for the kids to mingle with other kids their ages and participate in school activities. Also, from watching this show for about 5 minutes, I can see that the older kids have a LOT of chores and responsibilities pertaining to the younger kids, which I don’t think is right.

Don’t blindly criticize everyone for having big families. I wouldn’t trade mine for anything. The amount of time people spend bashing the so called “exploitation” of the kids on the TLC channel is ridiculous. These kids are well fed, clothed, have a wonderful home, go to school, and have responsible parents. All children should be so lucky. There are kids starving in their homes with abusive parents, not knowing if they’ll live another day, and you want to spend your time flaming the Duggar family for having too many kids?

16. Sunny says

Actually TRAVELER I never told anyone not to judge (or complained)—I was giving my opinion that the Duggars are a much better family than the Jolie-Pitt’s and questioned why they got slammed for have God at the center of their lives. But that obviously rubs you the wrong way. hmmm, I wonder why? But really I don’t care.

For those interested, go to the Duggar website in particular their daily schedule. I’m afraid my household would be to inflexible to happily adhere to such a schedule. I’m actually shocked to seek that the Bible study is at 9 in the evening. I always tried to have my kids in bed before then when they were little.

18. pinkcamojeep says

Why would anyone think they are having children for the sake of “publicity?” They had more than average (which is two children, in America) about twenty years ago….. LONG, LONG before any cable company cared to put them on tv.
    I think it’s great that we have had an opportunity to get an inside view of what a truly large family looks like. It’s a very positive show in light of the many family and reality tv shows that are offered. Think of the foul language and mean actions that you see between some family members on other shows on other networks. I like the show, though I know I would feel overwhelmed and worn out if I had that many children. They talk a lot about God. Maybe He really does make a difference.

19. katty says

What a complete waste of resources. How many more hundrededs of trees will be cut down, how many extra animals will be slaughtered for them, how much more toxins will go into this world. It sickens me the toll so many extra useless humans make on the world. And don’t worry I include myself. Thats why I’ve adopted my children and am living a vegan, frugal life to balance out idiots like this.

20. traveler says

Sunny:

You complain when people choose to negatively comment on the Duggars, but you go right ahead and do the same thing to the Jolie-Pitts. You say that the people on this board do not know what goes on in the Duggar household, so we shouldn’t judge. Do you know what goes on in the Jolie-Pitt household? I think not. So by your own advice, you shouldn’t judge.

I feel I know more of what goes on in the Duggar household than in the Jolie-Pitt household because the Duggars are on TV once a week and the Jolie-Pitts are not. If the Duggars don’t want negative comments made about their children and their parenting style, then they should get off national TV and stop pimping out their kids for a quick buck. At least the Jolie-Pitts try their best to shield most of their kids’ lives. The Duggars put their kids’ lives on public display purposely. That’s what I find reprehensible.

21. catcat says

this puppy mill mother doesn’t take care of her kids. She makes the older ones take care of them. She makes up stupid J names. Very freaky! They girls dress in 1800s dresses and hair. 20 year son is already married so she’ll be a grandma soon. Uneducated Arkansas freaks!

22. catcat says

The kids don’t go to school. Instead they spent years building the house. They play the violin and that’s about it for their education. At least they are not freeloaders like Jon and Kate. Jon just wants hair transplants and complains non-stop. They have zero mney and make the show pay for vacations and plastic surgery. Truly disgusting!

23. claudiazz says

Beyond all the controversy about them having eighteen children, I have to say that I find it rather amazing what a handsome family they have. Every one of their children is attractive. Usually you would expect several of the children to be less than good looking, but every one of their children is cute. I also have to commend them on raising children who seem to possess a great deal of common sense and respect for each other. The house seems to be well run and orderly and the children aren’t throwing tantrums all over the place. I think some of the parents who overindulge their one, two, or three children giving them their every whim and ending up with selfish brats could take lessons from this family. These children seem to be learning to be selfless instead of selfish.

I grew up with a family of 17 and all of them have grown into good respectable citizens. They are also still close to their siblings. Some have chosen to have large families and some have only had 1 or 2 children, however, I have never heard any of them complain about the horrible childhood they had.

24. Fennie says

There would be NO place for any children if all couples decided to have 18. Resources do NOT create on their on, and the ones that do, don´t do as quickly as our population grows.

25. Eli says

Let’s not forget…there are all types of families.

The Duggar clan is what some consider a traditional family.

The Jolie-Pitt clan is what some consider a non-traditional family.

Just thought it would be interesting to see the results of a study that compared the carbon footprint of 2 different types of families.

Did not come here to bash the Duggars or the Jolie-Pitts. In their own ways the Duggar’s and the Jolie-Pitts are trying to make the world a better place for their children.

26. Sunny says

Rather than worry about the stupid carbon footpring, let’s check in with the Duggars and the Jolie-Pitt family in 15 years.
    My guess is Jolie-Pitt won’t even be an item anymore and she’ll have stolen someone elses younger husband and kicked ‘ol Brad to the wayside. What a tramp she is and everyone holds her up as the pillar of motherhood. bleck!

27. Eli says

We need someone to fund a study of the Duggar family’s carbon foot print versus the Jolie-Pitt family’s carbon footprint.

28. Eli says

Katez…..vaginal rejuvenation…Labiaplasty reduces the size of one or both sets of labia. It may also be employed to repair the labia following disease or injury, or especially after childbirth. It may not be any of my business, but this is an open forum where opinions can be expressed…

As for the Duggars, what percentage of their income is donated to charity? I imagine no where near the percentage the Jolie Pitt Foundation donates.

29. KATEZ says

Vaginal rejuvination? Thats absolutely none of anybody’s business. And thats just gross. Furthermore, as far as resources go, they create enough of their own as much as they’re bringing in. Way more than the Brad’s and Angelina’s of the world. Why can’t people just back off and leave it between the Duggar’s and their doctor. I’m sure if it’s not safe for her to carry another child, the doctor won’t let her. The body also has a natural way of giving in. When my G-Ma had her last her uterus came out too.

30. Eli says

Maybe TLC will have an episode about Michelle’s (I imagine much needed) vaginal rejuvination procedure!

31. Daze says

She hasn’t ran out of “J” names yet. She doesn’t have a Jacob or a Jaqueline, a Jaden or a Joan, a Julia or a Jeffrey, a Jeannie or a Joel, a Jada or a Jaspar, a Jane or a Jamey, a Japeth or a Jade, a Jericho or a Jasmine…etc. There are a LOT of “J” names.

32. Jordyn says

#54…I laughed at your comment…you said she should spend more time with her husband??? LOL I think she spends a little TOO much time with him! hehe

33. Niloofar -1993-IRAN says

if she really wants a child because she likes them, I should say that I AGREE WITH ORIANA, she can adoptes a child, but if she wants more children because of something else , example being famous,etc, so she is really[…]!!!

34. what? says

They aren’t on public assistance and I’ll take their 18 well-behaved children that will probably actually contribute to society over some other welfare mama’s 1 child that ends up being a criminal.

35. lisa says

Um. I was raised in an evangelical family and I knew lots of families with huge numbers of kids… basically the older children raise the younger ones. This is no different than having a nanny, or sending your kids to daycare so you can work, except that the older kids (who are often 8 or 10 years old) are the ones doing most of the work. I have seen this show and I was concerned… of course they are not going to show anything bad on the show, it’s “showbiz”. No parent is perfect and having 18 kids would make anyone tired, short tempered etc at least sometimes. Why can’t they adopt some children – they don’t have to be international adoptions… there are thousands of children locally who need loving homes. Anyway I feel sorry for the kids.

36. Freya says

I left a comment previously, but I just had a couple of things to add. Like I said before, I know a cousin of this family, and she seems very decent. While I couldn’t fathom having so many kids, they aren’t hurting anyone. They are living off the government, both parents are real estate agents, the father use to hold a government office and the older children are now starting families of their own. They seem fully competent, loving and respectful, and more families should aim for such.

All that being said, I have never seen their television show so I cannot form a concrete opinion. I was a little disconcerted about a comment Michelle Duggar made about being ready for number 19 when baby 18 was just born, but it was probably taken out of context, so I’ll take it with a grain of salt.

37. ella says

The only reason why the dugger are debt free is because they buy the children clothes at secondhand store buy their shoes from goodwill which is cheap when they shop for food its mostly can food they make their own soap other household items they buy used car if everyone did what the dugger did then we can be debt free too.

38. Regina says

I think it is wonderful about the Duggar’s new baby. It makes me so mad to hear people talking negatively about this family. They think children are a blessing from God and so do I. If more parents today would install better values in their children the world would be a better place. How many people in the world today can say they are debt free. I know I can’t. Everyone needs to remember that the Duggars had 13 children before TV picked them up for their show. So I don’t think they are having children just for the publicity. Everyone needs to quit bashing this family.

39. carleigh says

My comments as far as the Duggar family are concerned are this:

1.) Yes, she should probably forego having any more children, but not because everyone thinks she should, but if I were her I’d be way more concerned with my health. She’s had 18 kids in 20 years and that is a hard toll to take on a womans body.

2.) No, they do NOT live off of the government, they are completely self sufficient

3.) I do not agree with how they seem to be breeding like rabbits and handing off their younger babies to the older kids, the older ones deserve a chance to be a kid. But, in retrospect, it is no different than a rich couple raising their kids with the help of a nanny, is it? I don’t believe so.

4.) I have watched their show on TLC, I have heard the kids talk about their mother and they have the utmost respect for her and adore her. Their mother is the helm of the family and the father is the head. Which is the way a typical family should be. Mostly now days, people are getting divorced and beating their kids and whatnot, these people DO NOT do that, not once have I even seen the mother raise her voice to them….. a lesser woman would have faltered after say 2-4 kids and this woman keeps herself together.

5.) So, we may not agree with them and how they choose to live their lives, but that’s just it…it is their life, not ours.

6.) Who are we or who is anyone to say “it’s too many kids” or make other judgmental comments, are we perfect?? NO, so we really should not be judging them so harshly.

7.) My grandmother came from a family of 10 kids all 18 and under, so I have heard wonderful stories from her of how they may not have had much growing up, but they always had lots of love. When do love and attention become any different, love=attention

8.) So they do not have a “traditional” family by todays standards…. again it is what they want, they are hurting nobody and doing nothing wrong, let them be and let them raise their kids.

9.) Each of their kids is pleasant, well mannered, polite, well spoken, decently dressed, clean and intelligent from what I have watched of them on TV…..so they must be doing something right.

10.) While I think it is a bit strange and somewhat odd what they are doing, I cannot judge them or say what is what, because there are days when my TWO drive me bonkers and I’m ready to strangle myself…..but that’s how kids are. I couldn’t do what she is doing, so I applaud her in some ways and shake my head in others.

They seem to have a strong family, lots of love and they have been faithfully devoted to each other for over 20 years….that speaks volumes to me when we live in an age when most marriages are tanking in the first 3-5 years. The Duggars may be strange or a bit odd, but who are we to say what is normal for anyone. Leave them alone, if they want to have 100 kids, that is their perogative and their right.

40. mackenzie says

It’s just unfair that people claim that Angelina is addicted to kids but she only has 6 3 -bio ,3-adopted has millions of dollars to provide for them anything they need. But it’s ok when this woman has 18 kids because she’s religious and her kids are gifts from God.

41. Sunny says

And at least they raise them as a family. Angelina and Brad Pitt have 6 or whatever kids and have several nannies. Would be much easier to have your kids during the “good times”. THOSE are the parents that bug me, not the Duggars.

42. KATEZ says

They probably would like to get their story out their to show that they are a loving and dedicated family, to show how proud they are of ALL of their children, and to ward off the judgementalally, pious people who don’t take the time to get to know the facts. If you don’t agree with them you don’t, but don’t be rude, and DON’T BRING RELIGION INTO IT LIKE THEY ARE A CULT!

43. a preteen chick says

u guys are horriable talking about that poor woman like that. if she wants to have 18 kids let her! it’s not hurting u so shut it up. and no they don’t have the goverment helping, it’s not like their using your precious tax money. they do everything on their own, money, food clothes. have u seen their show. this care for their children and love and spend time with them. most people don’t spend time with their children and they only have 2 or 3. some for all u bashers so be quiet and take ur crap to other post.

44. KATEZ says

I can’t stand people who think they know everything and don’t, yet still comment on it like they live in that house. I have no clue what goes on and neither do any of the rest of you. And to slam christianity is wrong. They NEVER said they were having these kids because of their religion. Personally. I couldn’t have that many children and nor do i understand it, but it works for them so back off. TLC approached them about a show and yes they agreed, but that doesn’t mean they’re exploiting their kids.

45. takentothegrave says

Can I also ask why her doctor hasnt advised her to have an op so that she cant have anymore children? Over here in the UK they advise you to do so after the 6-8th.

46. takentothegrave says

Can I also ask why her doctor hasnt advised her to have an op so that she cant have anymore children? Over here in the UK they advise you to do so once it becomes ridiculous.

47. takentothegrave says

“After birth-control pills were blamed for a miscarriage, the couple decided to throw them out.”
    The whole Idea of Birth Control pills is that they dont make you pregnant to start with! As someone who has been trying to fall pregnant for the first time for over 2yrs, this kind of story just p*sses me off even more, as just because you can fall pregnant it doesnt mean you have too! I wonder if the father works? It sounds to me like she’s addicted to being pregnant. Why not take a break & enjoy some time with your husband & your – no doubt soon to be grandchildren.

48. jubaloo says

congrats to them – they seem happy and don’t get handouts and they built the house from the ground up – I admire them – I wouldn’t choose that many kids myself but good luck to them – I wouldnt be surprised if she becomes a mom(again) and grandmom before 2011 !!!!

49. Niloofar -1993-IRAN says

ANYWAY…..
    I know that christmas is near I come on line to just say congrats 🙂
    HAVE A NICE VACATION 🙂

50. kim--original kim... says

She doesn’t know where the time went with the older children because she was too busy having more, more, more!!
    My father is the oldest of five….and he missed out on time with my grandmother because she was always SO busy with the younger ones….it most definitely had an impact in every area of his life, both childhood and adulthood.
    Believe me! They will be messsed up down the road because of this. Let’s hope someone notices if one gets into trouble, drugs, etc.
    I can’t imagine having a thrid, let alone an 18th! The others would surely lose out on time with me. Whatever…good luck to them, they will need it!

51. sara says

Thank you Traveler! That is exactly what I meant by ‘one on one’ time! You just can’t feasibly to that with each child ALONE for an hour each day…..

52. traveler says

Sunny:

I think the gang banger with 9 kids has to many also. Really, probably 4 or 5 should be the limit. I think anymore than that and the parents spend more time doing laundry, cleaning, cooking, etc. than time with their kids. I also think it’s important for each kid to get some quality one on one time with each parent, like going to the park for a couple of hours with dad or going to a museum for a few hours with mom. Just the parent and that one kid. I remember doing that kind of stuff with my parents and they are memories I will always cherish. The Duggars simply cannot do that with each of their children. There just isn’t enough time in a day, week, or month for it. And I’m sad that those children don’t get that experience.

53. Sunny says

At least they are “populating” with kids that have a Mom and Dad–with morals and will be contributing members of society and not leaches and criminals. And how wonderful that God is at the center of their life. That makes them religious fanatics??
    I’ll take that any day over the gangbanger in the city with 9 illegitimate children.

54. believer says

its fine to have children but within reason and common sense, no one continues to populate the way they do. Also there are more important things going on in the world to air television programmes on, but this family and others like it pocket in on the cash and fame from the hardworking taxpayers who struggle to support their own children !! without all the fame and monetory donations and fees paid by the television and media. It’s just not right and it is sick !

I have to say that I agree with 2teens. I am glad they aren’t on welfare, there are those that are needy and are deserving and need help. I just think having so many kids is ridiculous and I have low tolerance for religious fanatics. That being said, and who listens to me anyway, but enough is enough. I think if someone wants a lot of children, adopt, help those that are in poverty and make a better quality of life for someone.

Hi Granny, hope your Dad is doing better. I am praying for him and so is Nicki. I have never heard of this religion before so it is all new to me.

56. Tam says

ugh.. hate these people… totally taking away childhood from the older children by making them do so much work for the little children.. so awful..

57. mackenzie says

What is there to be jealous of any women can give birth to 18 children also I think is so tacky how all the children names start with the letter j bad enough they have 17 sibling but to be stuck with the letter j.

58. OneSweetMama says

I am A CHRISTIAN and I do not appreciate my religion being bashed! My husband and I chose to stop at just one! I know many Christians that do not eveb have kids and it is their “choice.” Bck off of us christians.

59. Big Blomba says

i’d hate to be in that house when a stomach bug gets passed around.

18 kids – lovely. just what this society needs.

60. me10 says

Its nobody’s business how many children this family has. To each their own…Also, I am sure they have quality FAMILY time, how can they not – they are with each other 24/7..

There is no way these people are spending any quality time with EIGHTEEN kids every day. This is a freak show as far as I’m concerned, they should concentrate on the giant family they already have and stop having more kids……

62. me10 says

Me, me me – one on one time? They are a loving family that do things together and are homeschooled by their Mother. She is there 24/7, how can you say that there is no one on one time? You don’t know what happens in that house. Those children don’t look deprived in any way and it is obvious they are loved and love their siblings as well. More familys should be like them!

63. sara says

I live in “Mormonville” UTAH where a large family is nothing to bat an eye at. You see HUGE Suburbans barreling down the highways and ‘stair step’ kids. My kids play with a family of 8 and the little ones are always at my house. They don’t get enough one on one time with their parents. Its’ really sad.

64. QTPie says

I stopped reading somewhere after comment 10 or so. But, the children actually seem to like having such a large family. They don’t seem deprived or screwed up. My only problem with the family is that Jim Bob and Michelle say that they will take as many children as God will give them. While I pray to God and attend service regularly, I hardly believe that he’s upstairs planning out how many children each person will have… It’s pretty simple to figure out how not to have more children without using birth control. And if you don’t understand, go to a website, visit the OBGYN or stop by the library. There is basically one week (3-5 days) out of the month that are a woman’s fertile cycle (permitting that you don’t have PCOS or something that prevents you from ovulating regularly). It’s basic biology. Anyway, congrats to them. Maybe she’ll hit menopause soon and the world will be spared from the Duggars taking over. ; )

65. 2teens says

These people just rub me the wrong way. Do their older children have any friends other than their own siblings? Together 24-7, no personal space, kid after kid after kid just for the attention. How about adopting children in need if they want that many kids? The ONE show I saw several years ago they were eating disgusting, unhealthy meals too… tater-tot casserole, plenty of white bread and high-carb foods. They also made a birthday cake by unwrapping a bunch of ice cream sandwiches and laying them in a cake pan. Ugh.

66. alvie says

Come on people, it’s great that they are financially independent, but there is more to raising children that $, and there is no way they can provide all those things. In fact where I live there is a law against owning those many animals for that reason, but these people have kids living like that. And yes i know their house is clean, but those children are stuffed into bunk beds into a few rooms with no pricvacy, or ability to find alone time.

67. mslewis says

I don’t understand why some of you are so hateful towards this family. How are they hurting any of you? Why hate on them? They are NOT getting welfare from the government or anyone else. Mr. Duggar is in real estate and they own several rental properties plus they rent land to cell phone companies to be used for towers. They may not be millionaires but they are not poor and do not need or receive charity. They live on cash, not credit cards and they built their house on land that they owned.

So, stop with the hate and leave this family alone. They aren’t hurting anyone and all of the children seen healthy and happy.

Yes, they follow the “quiverful” theorom. We have a couple of large families ( one family has 12 kids and the other has 11) in my hometown that also do. The kids seem content and well cared for, and the families are totally self-sufficient. Some of the older children have married though and none of them have started families yet. I wonder if they had their fill of children just by being in such extremely large families.

Myself, I just feel tired when I see that many kids at one time.

69. Scarlett says

hello people..Lets see 7 children over 18..That is a no brainer.. No one is making comments about 7 kids it is 18kids… Crazy…

70. url says

They’re part of a religious sect called ‘Quiverful’ where they believe children are a blessing from God. (I thought at first they might be Mormon.)
    They’re not doing it for money, publicity, etc. as some have written. They’re both real estate agents (making good money), live in a 7000 sq foot home, and Jim Bob served in the AK House of Rep from 1999-2002. So it’s for their religious beliefs they have so many children.

I don’t believe the quote about the mother not needing sleep. She’ll be a walking zombie if that were the case. Everyone that’s human needs sleep.

71. jORGIE says

CONGRATS TO THE DUGGARS FAMILY! BUT I THINK IT’S MORE THAN ENOUGH CHILDREN RIGHT? HAPPY HOLIDAY EVERYONE!

72. me10 says

All the power to them. Their children are VERY respectful, they are all taken care of and well loved. Their house is clean, the family is very organized. I think the naysayers on this board are actually jealous of the Duggar family! If they want to have that many babies and can afford them (which they can – the husband is in real estate) then why bash them? Only one reason – JEALOUSY!

73. traveler says

I find it weird that the people who praise the Duggars will immediately turn around and bash Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt for having so many kids. Last time I checked, AJ and BP could afford their children without welfare too and at least they aren’t pimping their kids on a tv show. They try their best to shield their children from the media. Plus, some of their kids are adopted, so they are not making gigantic contributions to the overpopulation problem in this world. So, why bash them and not the Duggars? Some of the people on this board are so ridiculous.

74. AZ Beauty says

Having this many kids is ridiculous. I think they are addicted to all the publicity, the $$ from the show, the book…

They need to STOP! There is no way any of these kids has gotten the proper amount of attention.

Disgusting to me! Too many needy children in the world today. This woman is acting like a dog breeder. Stop for God’s sake!

76. Me, that's who says

and 17

they get hand outs! HOW on earth did you think that they had their house built from the ground up? COME ON BE SERIOUS! they don’t ask for handouts my #SS!

77. Me, that's who says

are you people serious? THERE is people out there just like the duggars that have mutliple kids, but they don’t do it for publicity like this sl0ppy, huge sack of potatos is! She is just having those kids for publicity! It is kids that are out here starving and the only thing that this wide open sub human being can do is lay back and have kids after kids, when her smallest isn’t even one yet! YOU people kill me, women can do other sh*t, than lay back and have kids after kids!

78. Veronica says

The Duggars are an amazing family. They don’t live off of welfare or ask for money. They raise their children to the strictest of standards. I could never have that many children but that is their choice. They all help eachother. To say the older ones raise the younger ones isn’t right. I mean she even homeschools all of them. Honestly they are a great family and I don’t see why people have to be so judgemental. Let them live their lives. Just because it isn’t the “normal” thing to do doesn’t mean its wrong!

79. Chloe says

Wow, noy the life for me, but congrats to their family. I’m glad the baby and mother are doing well.

80. alvie says

Well I have 4 and plan for a few more, and my best friend i catholic and comes from a family of (a no birth control thing), but this is rediculous. I can understand big families and i love them and i know sometimes they can just happen, but come on this is excesive. They’d have to plan for that many, and while i’m Christian they would appear to be phaniatics. And it is neglectful because instead of being raisd by parents they are raised by siblings. That is if they are lucky to have older siblings, the oldest ones must have had to raise themselves, and yes i’ve seen their show so i’m not making blind judgment.

81. Kay says

If there were more people in this world like the Duggar family, this world would be a better place. Those well-behaved respectful children are an asset to society. Their parents should and no doubt are very proud of them. They are not a burden either because the father is supporting them all. I personally couldn’t give birth and raise that many children, but she seems to be able too so good for her.

82. sue says

Well, Sam., it is because they are weirdo CHRISTIAN religious fanatics that they have so many children. If they were normal and not talking directly to God like they think they are, then they would have rational beliefs about know many children sane couples should have and would be able to see that having so many kids is a drain and a selfish waste on society. It is sad and pathetic that they keep having children and making the oldest ones take care of them like working drones. Anybody who believes that God talks to them and tells them to have more kids belongs in Bellevue.

83. Aliciasweets85 says

thats too many kids. i bet they all grow up to have some sort of emotional disorder from not getting to spend enough time with their parents. you cant honestly expect those kids to have any sort of bond or connection with them…mom and dad can only spend 20 minutes with one child until another child cries out for something, etc. etc…
    wierd.

84. candykane says

Well, having 18 kids wouldn’t be for me but I truly admire the happiness they seem to have in their family.

85. Sam says

Freya- yours was the first good comment.

I dont understand why everyone needs to bash this family, there happy and clearly the rest of you aren’t so just shut up and let them live their lives some people want no kids and some people want a lot of kids. And I don’t understand why the fact that their christian means anything to this at all, did you run out of insults so you decided to throw it out that their religious, tell us something we dont know. You people who have nothing better to do than to bad mouth others families are pathetic and its not because of your religion or anything its just you.

86. Freya says

You know what, I wouldn’t do it, but I have a friend who is expecting her seventh child, and I happen to know a cousin of the Duggars, and they are a truly happy family, so just back off and show some respect.

87. Just me says

I’m sorry … but it sounds like she likes the idea of a little baby and then once they get older she passes them off to an older sibling and has another.

When the Duggars did a special on their big family many years ago, it was interesting … same thing with Jon and Kate. Plus 8. Now, it just seems like these families are exploiting their kids.

88. angusismissed says

I know.. these people really make me sick…. I just wish — if they REALLY wanted to have all these bloody kids — they should consider adopting some. I just find these people are seflish… and I agree — psychotic self-serving christian fanatics!!!!

89. sue says

They are nothing more than psychotic religious fanatics. Hey Duggars, maybe God will call you up real soon and tell you to shut down your baby factory and stop using society! Religious freaks have ruined this world.

90. Me, that's who says

I think that this is ridiculous! I think that she does it for publicity, and I know that her insides are destroyed. AS long as people continue to pay taxes and donate money to her, she is laying up having children, and It is nasty.

91. Colletteuk says

Omg i last saw them on 13kids+counting bet no one gives this family hard time like when ang jolie comes on because she got 6kids +wants more