Baby Joy For Mariah?

(In the above pic Mariah was snapped making an appearance on the CBS Early Show in NYC. She granted a wish come true with Macy’s “Believe” Campaign and Make-A-Wish-Foundation. One special child got to meet Mariah Carey and was showered with gifts)

OMG! Miss Mimi is soooo pregnant! Speculation about her baby joy is certainly not new, but new details are making it look more and more as if she is with child!

Mimi has allegedly shelved plans for a scheduled 2009 world tour, sending a slew of dancers and crew members back to the unemployment line.

“Costume designers and dancers were all called on Wednesday and told the tour is off. Most were hysterically crying because they were relying on her for a pay cheque this holiday season,” a source said.

The news follows reports that Mariah, 38, was recently seen leaving a gynecologist’s office in Los Angeles this weekend, smiling to herself and holding what appeared to be a sonogram.

A source told the New York Post newspaper: “Mariah came out of the office clutching what looked like a sonogram and being greeted by her entourage with cheers. She was ebullient.”

Rumors first started to fly when she turned down a congratulatory glass of champagne from talk show host and friend Ellen DeGeneres. The notorious fan of the bubbly simply said the champagne was too fattening.

When pressed to take a sip, she faked one, and then told Ellen that she never drinks before afternoon. Ellen responded by excitedly yelling, “You’re pregnant.”

Meanwhile, Mariah has refused to comment on the baby rumours but admits she is keen to start a family with 27-year-old Nick but to do it, she wouldn’t want to be working. This represents a change from her previous statement in which she likened having a baby to feeling violated.

She said: “People are constantly asking me if I’m pregnant, but I don’t like to talk about it too much. I just think about it as the next phase. We’ll see.

“I’ve changed my mind about becoming a mother because I’m with The One. I think we would make good parents, and that we’d be able to figure out how to do it properly.”

Well…it certainly makes sense that Mariah would decide to have a baby at this stage in her life, now that she has found “The One” and is approaching 40. Best wishes to Mariah and Nick!

Splash News Online

1. Gilson Jibau says

Well Mr Cannon is a shade on the dark side but Mariah is lighter I believe the babby going to be butiful healthy and light skinded!

2. katie says

is dont look pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!wow!!
    i dont think she dreeses like tweens. plus my dad thinks she IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SEXY HE EVEN TOLD ME HE WANTS TO HAVE SEX WITH HER

3. Michelle says

ok… reallyy!?!?! say the “secret viewer” wow u need to get a life and stop wit all the p’s…. (: thanks ducez

4. secret veiwer says

shut upppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

5. MICHELLE says

6. Cassie Hicks says

Listen, Mariah, I know that you’re not pregnant now, but, you and Nick are trying. But, you might want to hold that off for a little while because word is that you’re working on a new CD, and I have BIG plans for you.

You’re going to love them.:-)

7. kerri says

mariah carey and nick would be great parents people talk about the age diffrence all the time but who cares their only jealous cause they dont even look half as sexy as mariah carey. this could be a great thing for them it will be hard in ways for them but NOT!!! money wise. nick and mariah are happy so the haters need to STOP HATIN!!!!
    i am her BIGGEST FAN EVER!!!

8. hzlgrni68 says

Why would you wish someone a mis carriage!!!!. How hateful is that. Im sure there is something about you that someone despises!!! Focus on you and you only.

9. mary says

whoa are we supposed to be able to tell from the pic? that’s how i look after eating a doughnut! wtf! a tummy isnt concave and all people can think is ooooh pregnant!

What a nice phrase, Hope, Peace, and Love! Very lovely expression! I wish the same for everyone also. And I do love Shortbread Cookies!!!! Ha!

Hi Tia, looks like Vegas may have a White Christmas this year! Unbelievable! I would love to be seated at your table, or even for the crumbs, for your Christmas goodies! Don’t have to tell me about the Greek Food! Love it all! Actually, I love everything about the Greeks period! Have a lovely Greek family, Fotopulous, so loving and generous, just wonderful people!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

And Hellorazzi is having problems, can’t get on now for over a week!

11. Josie says

Hi Tia! I’m soooo glad to hear from you! Luca sounds just like a cherubic little angel 😀 Does he have the same curly hair like Alyssa? I wish I could see photos!

Yup, we sure got a big dump of snow!! And we are expecting a LOT more!! I’m not a snow bunny LOL I prefer the sun and warmer climates. I always have cold feet and hands in winter regardless of whether I dress warmly or not. And the yucky snow slush gets all over my pants and coat. I dislike shoveling. We don’t have a snow blower “toy” (LOL) because we live in the city so there isn’t much snow to clean in front of the house but it’s enough to get my husband grumbling about shoveling the walkway in the mornings. LOL!

We’ll be moving around a lot on Christmas day. First we’ll be visiting my in-laws and then we’ll be going by my parents house. I can’t wait to see my nieces!! I don’t see them enough. They’re growing so quickly. The two older ones have an infatuation with Hannah Montana. Personally I don’t care for her music. I think it’s awful. My husband and i will be taking the older girls to see a children’s play and puppet show over the holidays. We’re trying to expose them to some tasteful, cultural events in the city LOL! I’m not ready for Christmas yet! I still have to pick up a few more things for my nieces and some of my girlfriend’s kids. The grown ups don’t exchange gifts. It makes things too difficult and stressful trying to buy gifts for everyone.

I agree with you 2teens, Christmas is mainly for the children!! Mind you I will be taking advantage of the Boxing Day sales. We’re looking for a flat screen TV so we can watch some blockbuster movies. Have you seen any good movies you can recommend? I just saw “The Changeling” recently. What a sad, sad story. AJ was exceptional in it though. Looking forward to catching up with you more in the new year 🙂

Has anyone heard from Lia? I wonder how she is doing? She must certainly have her hands full with all the kids, especially getting ready for the holiday season. I’m sure she is having a lot of fun though. I hope she updates her blog soon!! 🙂

Oriana, as long as you look after your health from here on, I’m sure you can still have a long, healthy life. Sometimes my husband will say that he has a shorter life expectancy because of his diabetes and I scold him for thinking that way. It is a documented fact that regular exercise and a healthy low carb diet is best for people suffering from diabetes. Mind you, during this time of the year, it’s extremely difficult to maintain that healthy food consumption, what with all the sweets and delicious foods offered at holiday parties! Moderation is key!

Speaking of food moderation, it’s certainly a difficult thing to maintain, especially when your table is full of Greek food, right Tia? 😉 LOL!

In terms of baking, I love making shortbread cookies and also white chocolate candy cane bark. I also make these delicious (egg-free, dairy free) green tea cupcakes for my friend with the egg allergy. It’s important to also provide dessert variations for those with dietary restrictions too, so we can all get just a bit chubby over the holidays 🙂

Best wishes and good health to everyone during the holidays!!! May 2009 be a year full of hope, peace and love!! And delicious, healthy food 😀

12. 2teens says

Tia, Hi! Christmas is fun with little ones in the house, for sure. It is still magical for them. It’s not as much fun with teenagers, but still a happy time. Bittersweet because they are almost adults now. I do enjoy the food & family gathering. That’s why I like Thanksgiving so much.
    Hey Josie, yes I haven’t been on much. Will probably post more frequently in January. It’s a busy time of year. I can’t even imagine how busy Lia must be right now with 5 pre-schoolers!!!
    Oriana, I certainly hope there will be some breakthrough cures in 2009 for the big ones like Diabetes, Aids and Cancer. It’s long overdue.

13. Tia :) says

Hello 2teens! How are you dear?

Josie- I am fine darling, how are you? Almost all set for Christmas. Just a few more things left to buy. Im doing Christmas dinner this year, so there shall be lots of baking starting this weekend on my part. Good thing my hubby is on holidays and can take care of the babies!! haha! I forgot you guys bought a new house! Congrats!! Is everything all organized and ready for you to bake? Are you guys getting the 3 snow storms they are saying is coming? We got 10 cm last night and apparently we`re getting 30 cm`s on saturday and another 20 cm`s on Monday!! Crazy!!! At least we`ll have a white christmas!!

Oriana!!- We are all doing fine! Luca is getting to be a very chubby baby. Alyssa has been an angel with him. She loves her baby brother lots. Well, as you see what I wrote to Josie, my husband got to use his toy last night and this morning. Lots of snow for us!! I WILL be making lots of yummy greek food for the holidays! I can;t wait! Christmas is my favourite time of the year!!!

2teens, I have no one but myself to blame for my condition due to an unhealthy lifestyle of way too many sweets all my life. Should have eaten more fruits and exercised more. Kids will look me straight in the eye and asked “what happened”, wheras adults will not make eye contact. I tell them my leg got sick and the doctor couldnt’ make it well, to eat more fruits instead of candy. I do think the day will come soon where there will be a cure, maybe not in my lifetime but soon.

Josie, when my sugar drops, it feels like all the air has been let out of a balloon! So weak and no energy! I wish I had educated myself more!

15. Josie says

Hi 2teens!
    How are you? You haven’t been on here lately. Are you keeping busy with pre-Christmas preparations? I agree that diet has something to do with the juvenile diabetes outbreak we hear about these days. High fructose corn syrup (HFCS) is a food additive that has been linked to all kinds of health ailments. I have a sweet tooth and so does hubby but we keep our sweets consumption to a minimum. We’re mostly chocoholics especially for dark 70% pure chocolate. re: (#18) LOL!!! That is so funny 2teens 😀

Oriana, I can only imagine what you must have gone through. Being diabetic has a lot of drawbacks. I know all about living with diabetes even though I’m not diabetic. I’ve had to learn what to do in case of an emergency. Sometimes when my husband is driving and his blood sugar goes low, I will have to prick his finger and use a test strip to test his blood glucose in order to see if he needs to eat anything to elevate his blood sugar and on other occasions when his blood glucose meter reads very high, he needs to take a dose of insulin to bring the glucose level down, otherwise he can get groggy, tired and less alert at the wheel. A very dangerous thing to have happen when driving. It’s unfortunate that modern medicine has not made major breakthroughs in diabetes. Insulin has been around since Banting’s discovery of insulin in the 1940s. I really hope that a cure for diabetes is discovered soon. There isn’t enough funding going into research for diabetes, like there is for cancer or AIDS. Diabetes is not a seniors disease anymore. It has the potential to become widespread.

16. 2teens says

Hi to Josie, Tia & Oriana,
    I never really cared for MC’s style either. For performing it’s fine but she is dressed that way all the time.
    Diabetes is an awful affliction. I think many cases are due to all the processed foods people eat now, loaded with corn syrup and other sugars. Not saying that’s what caused Oriana’s or Josie’s hubbys… but I do think it’s a major contributer.
    I had borderline gestational diabetes with both pregnancies, and was told I have a higher than normal chance of developing diabetes later in life. It’s a big reason why I rarely have sweets, but I do indulge during the holidays.

Josie, thank you for the info, I will check it out! I am sorry to hear about your hubby being on insulin, I have been now for 8 years. Came too late for me that I needed it, had my leg amputated in 2001, had a major clot that could not be dissolved, such a shock and my lifestyle went downhill drastically. My heart breaks for the troops that have been injured in such a fashion, I pray they all come home soon.

18. Josie says

Hi Oriana!
    Yes, unfortunately hubbie is insulin-dependent and has been that way from the age of 17. He’s going to be making the switch from regular injections to the insulin pump which is a wireless device that tracks blood glucose reading throughout the day and administers insulin to the body on a steady basis. It’s supposed to be the latest technology for diabetics that have Type 1 diabetes.

You are right. Statistics have shown that juvenile diabetes is on the rise. It’s showing up in young people more and more these days and it is a very scary and unfortunate result of our contaminated environment.

If you love chocolate then I have just the website for you 😀 There is an American chocolate company called Vosges that makes incredibly good chocolate products and I have actually sampled some of their chocolate blends before. I don’t think I can post the link on here but if you do a search for Vosges chocolate you will find their website. Vosges makes adult chocolate with an exotic combination of ingredients. They are a little on the pricey side but the quality is impeccable. You can actually order from their website too!

Josie Dear, if you like Peanut Butter Fudge, you will love Buckeyes! Sorry to hear your hubby is diabetic, the younger generation are becoming diabetics also now. I hate that! I hope he isn’t having to take insulin shots, I feel so bad for the young kids, Juvenile Diabetes just breaks my heart!

20. Josie says

Thank you Oriana!! Yes, I have heard of buckeyes but I have never had the opportunity to try them. I’m sure I can find a recipe for them online. They sound divine! It’s a bit dangerous to have sweets around the house as my husband is diabetic and I like baking desserts. He never says no to desserts 🙂
    Unfortunately, I haven’t been to California yet. My husband and I have been talking about going on a west coast trip one day, starting in Vancouver and driving south along the coast to California. Friends that have made that trip say it is incredibly beautiful.

Happy holidays to you and your family too!

21. excuse me says

i’m happy for her and Nick, wish them well. her dress sense is her own. i love her music. she it at a good time in her life.

Josie, you have a new house? Congrats to you!

Have you ever heard of Buckeyes? They are Choc covered peanut fudge balls, you can use White Choc or Milk Choc to cover them with, my friend made some, very good. Tia, they sell them at the Cracker Barrel too, you know I love that store! Wish they had one in Ca. but the closest one is Utah! They have them all over the East Coast and the South. I have stuff shipped to me sometimes from there. Had a Choc Pecan Pie shipped and it got here fine. They pack things really good.

Hello to Tia, sooooo good to hear from you! I bet the little one is growing and getting fat! You know I love fatty babies! Ha! How is Alyssa doing with the baby? Yes, I have thought about your husband and laughed over him and his Toy! That is so sweet! I guess lots of yummy Greek food for the holidays? Oh, I would LOVE to be there!!!!
    You are always in my thoughts and prayers sweetheart!

Josie, have you ever been to Ca.? I think you would enjoy San Francisco, but it is always windy and chilly up there to me. I love it there and enjoy Pier 39, I like the shops. My son said if he had a choice to live anywhere, it would be Victoria or Vancouver, he was amazed at how beautiful, clean and how friendly the people were. I love the U.S.A., but ladies, I also love my Canadian cousins! Ha!

Merry Christmas to all of you and many Blessings in the coming year!

24. Niloofar -1993-IRAN says

I didn’t come here for two days,but still I can see the SAME news !!!!

25. Josie says

Hi Oriana & Tia!!
    I’m doing well! It is quite cold over here. There is some snow on the ground but not too much. I’m in the city so a lot of the snow tends to melt quickly whereas outside in farm country, there is a lot more snow.

Tia, how are you and your family doing? Are you all set for the holidays ? I’m still settling into my new house and trying to get my kitchen in some kind of order. I enjoy baking during the Christmas season and I really need my kitchen to be organized otherwise I get stressed when I can’t find things.

Oriana your peanut butter fudge sounds delicious! I’m a big fan of peanut butter and chocolate.

I’ve been to Vancouver before and it is a beautiful city. Mountains and ocean as far as the eye can see. They don’t get much snow in Vancouver (mostly rain) but the mountains certainly do. A lot of famous celebs go to Whistler for skiing and also to relax while they stay at fancy chalets. That is the life!!

Mariah is an attractive woman, however I’m going to have to agree you with Oriana. I do find her style of clothing choice in very bad taste. Not sure why Mariah has to always wear tight, stretchy clothing that is low cut on top or super short on the bottom. She has a great body but it is not necessary to dress the way she does just to get attention.

26. Rebekah says

Whoo , Canada !
    I’ll never leave you baby best country in the whole world… well in the top three for me at least with Israel (I’m an Israeli Jew ) and Ireland ( The people are so kind).

27. Tia :) says

Hello Oriana dear!

It’s not too too cold up here right now. Im sure soon it’ll get much colder! We haven’t much snow right now either..which im sure you know upsets my husband..not being able to use his toy the snowblower 😉 hahaha

Josie! How are you dear? how is ottawa? here in st. kitts it hasnt been that cold..we have some snow..but not too much!

28. Big Blomba says

wow, why is it when a post may be questionable at all it is immediately awaiting moderation? All I did was questioned someones vocabulary in the main article when they said Mariah was ebullient.

I said, do u mean exultant or jubilant?

But nope, got the axe

Kendal, so good to hear from you my Dear! I know you have a busy schedule, Merry Christmas to you and the family and I will be in touch.

Josie, I hope you aren’t freezing up there, I guess there is plenty of snow now, I think about Tia and her husband with all the cold. I have always wanted to come to Canada, nice people and my husband and son fell in love with it when they went to Vancouver in Jan.

I have to say that I don’t want to argue with anyone this holiday season and I send blessings and best wishes to everyone on here, friend and foe alike! As for Mariah, she says she is happy and she certainly looks it, if she is going to be a Mommy, I do think that at age 40, she should tone it down a little with all the flashy pictures.

I know lots of women at 40 that have good bodies, and some even at 50, but they can still look sexy without being trashy.

Eating Peanut Butter Fudge today my Aunt sent me from Ohio, yummy!!!!!

There will always be people in this world that think and talk like #26, sad but true, but also, many more good people like the rest of the nice ladies on here so it all evens out! Ha!

30. Me, that's who says

all of you suck m0nkey a**!

I bet you that all of you nimr0ds are f@t and lonely!
    If you nimr0ds had a body like Mariah, you would love to spend one minute in her clothes. and NO I am not sugar walls, although I love that handle*name*

sorry L0sers!

31. Collette uk says

Num 22 what nasty thing to say i have 2 miscariges+1 was with twins not nice at all ur nasty

32. Collette uk says

Congrats if rumors are true she was over here few weeks ago on xfactor+her tum was flat as a pancake+it not there but could just be bloating time will tell

33. Josie says

Hi Oriana! I have a feeling that #6 is “sugar walls.” She probably cannot post under her original name as it might be blocked, which is why she is using another name. Anyway, I may be wrong but I read a post by the same person on another thread and it seems like something “sugar walls” would say.

34. Reba says

Oh God , I just re-read Meg’s post and I totally DID NOT get what she was saying!
    My apolgies to you Sue , I’m sorry for calling you a twirp.
    As if Meg din’t know she doesn’t have she living under a rock?

35. Reba says

My apolgies to you Sue , I’m sorry for calling you a twirp.
    As if Meg din’t know she doesn’t have she living under a rock?

36. Kendal says

Yes, Lori, you are of course right like you always are. Maybe she is a famous singer, and has a nice body, that she can still show off in some ways, but show maybe a little less.

37. suki says

Agree, if you have a great voice that sells its self, not the clothes,or lack of.The likes of Celine,Whitney and Leonna Lewis manage to do it without singing in a video half naked!

I remember Sharon Osbourne saying once that Mariah had the best boob job in Hollywood and she is beautiful and does have a nice figure. NIck is very handsome to me and if she is going to have a baby, no doubt it will be a beautiful one, just hope she gets some class about her instead of flash all the time. She should be embarrassed the way she flaunts herself.

39. bj's mom says

i agree with oriana…she always looks like she just left “Rave”. with all her money and yes, she has a nice body, she could look so much better. it seems like she tries tooo hard. other than that, im happy for her if she is pregnant! congrats!!!

#7, Obviously you have a problem with my son being Gay, which tells me you have been on here under a different name in the past, you Coward! Yes, I do think she is very trashy and has no class. With her fame and money, she could buy any designer clothes she wanted and look gorgeous and stylish, just goes to show, money doesn’t buy good breeding. As for your dislike of me, no problem, at least I have the guts to say what I think under my own name, unlike you, HYPROCRITE!

41. sue says

Reba, Meg obviously meant that she had no idea if Mariah Carey had any other kids, and thus is an idiot. And if she wanted to convey what you think she was trying to convey, then it would have bee written in a different way. And now go to the mirror and say “hello” to Meg you psychopath who cannot write a post conveying what you actually meant.

42. Reba says

God , Sue , meg obviously meant that Mariah Carey is craddle rockin with Nick Canon! Friggin Twirp.
    And I totally agree with ypu Oriana Mariah Carey is such a trashy dresser…. she dresses like a thirteen year old girl!!!

43. Just me says

I don’t think you can really tell from this picture. She looks pretty normal to me. I think she wears her clothes really tight. She does look great, though.
    But from the other stuff, like the champagne, she very well could be.
    Seems like she is really happy now finally … good for her!!