Great Links!

Katie and Suri enjoy a spot of Christmas shopping!

Gwen Stefani and family arrive at LAX.

Billie Piper is a tired new mom.

1. Analise says

Suri shops with her Grandma. Aww.

Poor Kingston. He obviously very upset in those pics. The paparazzi really needs to chill. Taking pics of Gwen is one thing but that little guy was crying.

2. 2teens says

mmmm, your food sounds so good. And big congrats on the new house! I don’t know how the economy is in Canada, but here it’s definitely a buyers market in real estate. I hope you got a killer deal.

3. Josie says

2teens – I’m doing great. Hubbie and I bought a new house. We’re busy with the packing and the painting. The weather is getting colder. Must bundle up to go outside. There is snow and ice on the ground. Quite slippery. I wear thermal boots that I purchased from a Canadian sporting goods store. They really keep me warm. A down-filled jacket is a must over here. Warmth over fashion is my motto during winter!

I make a lot of vegetarian stews using my slow cooker. My husband enjoys his meat but since I don’t eat meat, I rely on alternative protein like tofu, beans and nuts. I have a great cookbook that I use called Calci-Yum. I also do not eat dairy very often (although who can resist gelato?) so this cookbook offers plenty of alternative calcium sources from vegetables like kale and collards. I love vegetarian chili using 3 kinds of beans. I make Sheppard’s pie without the meat but I substitute crumbled tofu and ground almonds into it instead. During the winter months I try to rely on local produce which is very hard to do. I mainly cook with sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, parsnip, turnip, carrots, and squash and I also throw apples into my spicy Indian lentil stews. I’m getting hungry just thinking about it 🙂

I can understand why your daughter would want a boyfriend but I would advise her to enjoy her youth as much as she can. Teenage boys are too immature for teenage girls. We all know that teen boys and older boys, have primarily one thing on their mind 😉 As my parents told me when I was a teenager, “you have plenty of time to find a boyfriend”. I had my first bf when I was 19 yrs and that lasted for 2 weeks LOL I think that it is really important for young girls to spend as much time with their girlfriends and bond with them. These teenage years will never come again so female friendship is important. I’m all for independence and being your own person.

4. 2teens says

Hey Josie,
    We are all great thanks for asking. My kids just went to the homecoming dance and my beautiful daughter is always wailing about not having a boyfriend (she just turned 15 a few weeks ago). So we tell her she has plenty of time, like when she is 16. She has boys on the brain though. 🙁
    I’m sure your first snowfall is a beautiful sight. But I remember how cold you were last winter walking to the train… so I hope you have a nice mild winter this year. We had a few cold days but now we are in the 60’s which is pretty normal for this time of year.
    How is hubby? What kind of foods do you eat in the colder weather? I make lots of hearty soups like pea or mung dal, and all my family wants chili. Homemade pot pie is tasty too! 😀

5. Josie says

2teens! hi – I was just posting a test response above. Seems the moderating system on here is neurotic, at the least. Sometimes my message will post and sometimes it doesn’t. How’s the family? It is freezing here. We got our first snow fall too yesterday.

6. 2teens says

Not only is she wearing a coat, she actually has on JEANS and SOCKS. She looks so cute in her little blue jeans 😀