Little Mommy Cuddle 'N Coo Doll Says "Islam Is The Light"

Some concerned parents have contacted the Mattel toy company with allegations that one of its Little Mommy Cuddle ‘n Coo doll utters words which promote Islam.

A number of parents contacted the company when they heard the doll say these words: “Islam is the light.”

While the doll appears to utter “Islam is the light,” the company denies that is actually what it is programmed to say. Mattel insists that Little Mommy Cuddle ‘n Coo features realistic baby sounds, including cooing, giggling, and baby babble, with no real sentence structure. The toy company claims the only scripted word the doll says is “mama.”

Mattel also contends that because the original sound track is compressed into a file that can be played through an inexpensive toy speaker, actual sounds may be imprecise or distorted. Jan Markell, founder and director of Olive Tree Ministries, is skeptical about Mattel’s explanation.

“It does seem to be saying, ‘Islam is the light.’ I don’t think too many people would argue with that, so I think they’re being a little disingenuous,” Markell points out. “And this is not a healthy thing to be putting out in the marketplace when we’re in a war on terror, and little children are so susceptible to the messages they hear — even from a doll — then to take them into the school and talk about them. So yeah, this is a serious thing.”

Below is a comment from a concerned parent:

I completely agree with you. I first saw the doll at a family function in which another child had the doll. My daughter liked it, so I bought one for her. We’ve had it for awhile, and I always thought the cooing sounds were cute, and fairly life like. When I heard the story about the doll saying “Islam is the light,” I was skeptical. I figured it would be difficult to impossible to make out. I never dreamed of taking the doll away, or back to the store where I bought it. But when I listened to the doll, it was so clear what she was saying. My mouth hit the floor. How could I have not picked that up before?! The more you listen to it, the more unsettling it is. It’s just plain creepy. It’s definitely NOT something I want my daughter repeating. I, too, object to the message being hidden. I would never have purchased the doll in the first place, had I known about the message it would include. I’m very interested in finding out how that happened in the first place.

In the below youtube video the doll’s utterance is demonstrated….as well as the words uttered by a Teletubby doll! What the Teletubby doll says is much weirder!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LQTxRIRXN0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0]

Comments

1. Muslimah says

If Muslims are terrorists, they terrorize only the enemy that fights justice and innocence..
    There shall always be opposition between different tribes religions and nations anyone who reads history and news agrees to that, the difference is that Islam fights for what is globally and un-changeably righteous – The Guided Path.. Any Muslim or non-Muslim who reads the Quraan can see this.
    Isn’t it time for non-muslims to free themselves from the contradictory and mysteriously changing religions they owe to?
    So Jesus and Moses and Ibrahim – Peace be upon them – and others Muslims believe in, were prophets of God, the same God we Muslims submit to.. Is it so strange that the same God we shall all answer to after death.. And what will we say then??? We followed a different version of religion?
    At the very end, It won’t matter how you feel about Islam or Muslims or our Prophet Muhammad when we die, and are judged.. There shall be only One global truth then, beginning with the end in mind..

2. Trevor says

What can you expect from a religious cult who’s leader was a child molester?????? Mohammad was a child molester! Plain and simple! The best way to get to innocent children is to pollute their minds at an early age. And as for the libitard above who claims that Muslims are not terrorist you really need to get a brain check! Almost every single terrorist attack carried out around the world in the last 20 some years have been by MUSLIMS! It amazes me as to how totally IGNORANT and uneducated the dhimmitards are! I will NEVER submit to sharia law or to dhimmitards’s.

3. Yousef Salem says

Interesting how religions own upward and deny downward. Muslims are required to acknowledge the former two divine divine revelations, viz., the Torah and the Gospels in their original and untampered form, and we cannot call ourselves Muslims if we deny those former revelations. So, Muslims accept Christians and Jews, Christians accept Jews but deny Muslims, and Jews deny Christians and Muslims. The Quran teaches us that God created us all into different tribes and nations so that we will know one another (and not despise each other) and the best among us all are those who are the most pious, righteous, and of the most benefit to others. The open season that has been waged and declared against Muslims (Arabs and non-Arabs) and Arabs (Muslims and non-Muslims) and the hysteria that is being fanned into a frenzy and the villainy and demonization against us exemplifies the unending racism, bigotry, and hatred against anyone who is different. Who will be next? Hindus? Sikhs? Buddhists? Jews again? An israeli poet wrote “We Shoot Children, Too” ended it with “It’s just the shame of it; the shame”.

4. DEE says

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY? JESUS CHRIST IS THE SON OF GOD AND HE ALONE IS THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD, HE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAME AND GAVE HIS LIFE, WHILE OTHER RELIGIONS ASK YOUTO SACRAFICE YOURSELF. THIS COUNTRY WAS FOUNDED ON CHRISTIAN PRICIPALS, AND SHOULD STAY THAT WAY. WHEN JESUS RETURNS AND EVERY KNEE BOWES AND EVERY TONGUE WILL CONFESS THAT HE IS THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD, WHERE WILL YOU ALL BE STANDING? ILL TELL YOU WHERE, WISHING YOU HAD ACCEPTED THE PERFECT GIFT OF SALVATION AND HAD THE BLOOD APPLIED TO YOUR LIFE, ALL THESE OTHER SO CALLED RELIGIONS WILL PASS AWAY.

5. Rhonda Yazell says

I work at Wal-Mart in Cincinnati Ohio. This doll was brought to my attention by another employee. She had taken it off the shelf, and said if this doll isn’t kept off the shelf, I’LL QUIT!! It stayed off for a couple days, then it was up again. I listened to it..It DOES say, “ISLAM IS THE LIGHT.”..as plain as day. You don’t have to even try to listen closely..But it doesn’t say it until about the third go round of making it talk. So I think the whole motive for this is…The child wants it, the mom doesn’t play with it long enough to make it get to that part..So, until it’s in your home, and your child has played with it for a while, the parent may not even know what it says.(a subliminal message to our children) The other day I walked into the break room at Wal-Mart where this employee named Linda was having a discussion with the store manager named Mike Degroat. He kept saying things like we will have it on our shelves for sale because some people may believe in the Islamic religion and we can’t discriminate against them.. so on and so on, excuse after excuse.. But it will remain for sale. Linda kept saying, we are of a Christian nation, and it offends me, and all Christians, that we are selling this on our American store shelves. These people tried to kill us. Do you think we could put a doll on their shelves that said, Jesus is the light??? NO, I THINK NOT..Now ignorant people are trying to say it may not say that, we may just be hearing it wrong…ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!! IT DOES SAY, LOUD AND CLEAR….”ISLAM IS THE LIGHT”…I WANT IT OUT OF CIRCULATION!!! And it’s not a cheap doll..They want us to pay $20.00 bucks for this piece of garbage. WHAT ABOUT OFFENDING ME???? I’M AN AMERICAN!!!!!!

6. ANTI-TAQIYYA says

“To state that you are fearful simply because your daughter heard the words “Islam is the light” is just silly and narrow-minded.”

Not all Muslims are bad, but… as one of my teachers says, “If it’s good, it will be good in the extreme. If it’s bad in the extreme, it was bad to start with.” And Islamic extremism is some of the most evil behavior on the planet. There is nothing “silly” about being concerned over the brainwashing of a child into thinking that something evil is good.

And where are my other comments? (posted by yonason)

7. Sarah says

I purchased the doll from Walmart online. The doll was shipped to our local Walmart store. When I went to pick the doll up the girl opened the box to check the merchandise. She and another cashier said that were told to remove these dolls off of their shelves as the doll says Ben Lauden is the light. I purchased the doll in lavendar. It says this on the third verse.

8. Jackie says

bmanion- Christians are the most persecuted people on the earth so I’m not going to get my little violin out and cry a river for other religions. Bible reading was taken away in our school systems as well as prayer, the ten commandments have been taken away in courthouses, “In God we trust,” was almost taken off of our money, there are people in third world countries who are killed in horrific ways everyday that try to worship Jesus and be a christian, so please don’t get upset when Christians are getting a little bit sick of that. We’re human. People that blow up abortion clinics are not christians. They are mental. I’m surprised that you take them so literally when they say they’re doing that in God’s name. As a christian, you should know better to decipher the difference. Muslims want to rule the world and they want westerners dead….period. I don’t care how peaceful they try to come across. They hate us and hate our freedom.

9. bmanion says

I like how the “concerned parent” quoted in the article didn’t even notice the “scandalous phrase” coming from a doll that she bought and let her child play with in her own home (so you know she heard that doll a hundred times) until a 3rd party brought attention to it. People are such hypocrites. I go to church every Sunday, and listen to my Priest talk about God’s message and how we should love and respect everyone and lead by example, then I get online or watch the news and see the horrible things American Christians say out of fear and ignorance. It is so sad.

Remember at one time Christians were treated in very similar ways in which we treat Islamic believers now.

Additionally, I would hope that outsiders would not equate me, being a Christian, with the domestic terrorists that blow up abortion clinics in God’s name, just like I’m sure the peaceful practitioners of Islam hate being associated with the few extremists that make the news each night.

10. Jackie says

Jesus loves us this I know! For the Bible tells us so! Little ones to him belong, we are weak, but he is strong! yes Jesus loves us! Yes Jesus loves us! Yes Jesus loves us! The Bible tells me so.

11. laila says

They are also hypocrites they want to send us back tothe dark ages with no technology yet they use computers and cell phones to make bombs.
    Then like cowards they hide in caves and live on the run.

12. Smommy says

Laila- I agree with you 100%. It even says that people like you and me are infidels but I guess that part of it isn’t true huh? 🙂 It’s not a peaceful religion IMO. They want to ultimately rule the world.

13. laila says

very interesting conversation going on in here. I could hear the doll saying Islam is the light and it is wrong for a childs doll to promote any thing.
    It’s a toy if you want to preach religeon sell your toys at the religeous stores not in the public stores. Besides Islam is not the light it’s… the dark side of religeon.
    And only proves how a group of religeous fanatics use it to preach hatred and muder by simply twisting it up and preaching it to people.
    This is my opinion , and although there are people in here who will disagree I will never change my mind about how I feel about the people who believe in the Qur An.
    The use the name of Allah to murder innocent people. They twist up the book to suit their own evil deeds.

I don’t know why my comments are awaiting moderation to #91 and 2teens for I didn’t say anything wrong, I did find comfort and yes, 2teens, I know you have a heart and I just pray that Jennifer and her family are being comforted also. In my spirit I am so sad but these tragedies happen so much, I just hope there is justice to be served.

15. 2teens says

^^^^ LOL Jackie that is so true, only George knows for sure! Even the experts can’t agree on it so how can us mere mommies figure it out?
    Thanks for your apology, and I’m sorry too if I caused any offense. 🙂

16. Jackie says

Hi 2 teens- I’m really sorry for acting so childishly. I guess the only way either of us really know about Washington’s faith is if we were talk to him ourselves.:) I’ll definitely check out that website.

17. Smommy says

Hi Oriana-
    I don’t think that it’s non-christian to feel angry at someone who killed an innocent baby- (to me a 7 year old is still a baby). I think it’s human nature and I think that God understands. We’re not robots. In fact, in the Bible it says that there are things that God actually hates-one of them being hands that shed innocent blood. As far as blaming God, like we are all guilty of, I find it strange how he’s the first person we blame. Kind of like blaming the gun instead of the person who pulled the trigger. The only one that anyone should be mad at is that pr!ck that did this-period. God never intended for the world to be evil. Take Adam and Eve for example: God created paradise for them. They had no worry, shame, pain, or hurt. The only stipulation that God put on them was that they were not allowed to eat from that tree. He gave them freewill and choice-he didn’t create little puppets that he can control although he very well could. Adam and Eve CHOSE to do what was wrong and they brought sin into this world. So I guess we can blame them. 🙂 God is a loving God- he died for us-there is no greater love than that. He is even willing to forgive the most vile of sinners if they repent. Don’t think that God isn’t sad or angry over this devastation- there is payday someday. I tend to blame God sometimes too- I think we all do. I hope this helps. 🙂

18. Analise says

Andrea Yates, a mentally ill woman who had been in and out of mental hosptials, on medication and in the end her doctor and husband failed her, did not kill her children “in the name of God”. She was/is sick and needed appropriate care. There is a HUGE difference between her and Islamic terrorists. You can find valid comparisons to an extent between Jim Jones and those kooks in the jumpsuits waiting for the spaceship.

I’ll be sure to run out and get one of these dolls though in preparation for the Messiah taking office. Oh wait, he won’t win. 🙂

I just can’t comment any more about religion, I really can’t. I am so hurt in my heart tonight over the death of Jennifer Hudson’s nephew that I am cried out. I have asked my Pastor before many times, why does God allow these kind of things to happen? He has never given me an answer to give me peace. I am not trying to take away anything from the tragedy of the loss of her other family members but this child being shot multiple times has touched me deeply and I hope whoever did this horrible thing suffers and is punished. So maybe I am not a Christian after all for I don’t have any compassion in my heart for this person.

20. 2teens says

Thank you for asking, M. I believe there is a “higher power” that accepts the prayers from people of many different faiths. I am against organized religion, for myself personally. I have found too much intolerance from different religions… against women, gays, and people of other religions. I don’t have a problem with christians or any other religion as long as they can be “real” and accepting of others.

2teens, I should have said my prayers are that the U.S. never has a President elected that doesn’t believei in God, and when Moses led the people out of Egypt to the Promised Land he and the Jewish nation certainly believed in God, so no, I would have no problem with someone of Jewish descent being elected. My pastor says the Christians are all spiritual Jews at heart and I thought that was a lovely expression.

I would not vote for a Mormon President and I have been many Mormon friends but I want to believe there is a Heaven I might have a slim chance of going too one day, not the planet Kolob. Same similiar reason I don’t believe in praying to a Buddhist statue, so I do go along with Christian beliefs and I do believe in Jesus Christ.

And what would God think of my prayers, I hope he thinks that at least Oriana has done one thing right!!!!

22. M says

2teens what do you believe in out interest?
    I have always found Christianity confusing. Jesus is God and the son of God. Jesus has a holy spirit created by who- God?! In addition, you have the trinity, where everything is equal, but what came first the egg or the chicken, because how can the spirit and the son be equal to God when he created them? And the intermediaries where a priest can answer and listen for God. If God is everywhere and knows everything, why can’t you pray directly to him?

23. 2teens says

Jackie, your argument would be much more convincing if you didn’t hurl insults. The bottom line is, you are wrong. I gave you a website to look at, I guess you chose not to. You’ll continue to wallow in your narrow-mindedness even when the facts are placed directly in front of your nose.
    The Treaty of Tripoli is a real historical document and this is a direct quote from it: “As the Government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion;” and it goes on from there. if you want to read the rest of the quote you’ll actually have to click the link I provided. But I doubt you will.
    If I am a Diest, so what? Do you have a problem with that? Do you have a problem with anyone who practices a religion other than Christianity? I don’t have any problem with Christians unless they are knocking on my door looking for new recruits. Of my friends and family members, the majority are christians… but you have decided to assume that I “can’t stand christians” as well as several other false assumptions about me.
    You’re giving off the impression that you feel threatened by anyone who isn’t a christian, or who might have different religious views than you. That is called INTOLERANCE. You are stating that historical facts did not occur, which makes you the one who sounds uneducated. Have you ever taken a humanities or world history class outside of high school? Have you ever studied world religions? It might do you some good.

24. Jackie says

2 teens- the reason you don’t have any of your old college textbooks is because there aren’t any. C’mon 2 teens! George Washington-not a christian? All you have to do is type in his name with the word faith under google and it’ll take you to hundreds even thousands of websites that state he was a Christian. I think the reason you’re stating all of this false info is because you’re the deist. You can’t stand Christians or anyone who might follow Jesus Christ. You can’t handle the fact that someone died for your sins or that you’re a sinner like me so therefore, no one is a Christian. You know, it makes you feel better that you’re not the only one. As far as a debate goes we can’t. This is so one sided and I’m right. I’m not saying that we have never had non-Christian Presidents but I find it funny that you think that our founding fathers weren’t. You’re full of it. Like I said earlier, give me proof- you don’t even have to give me a book. Copy and paste a website proving George Washington not to be a Christian.

25. 2teens says

So, you pray to God we never elect a non-christian for president? That is quite a statement to make Oriana. You wouldn’t be ok if a Jew were elected president? They pray to God, by the way… but might prefer to be sworn in on the Torah.
    I wonder what God thinks of your prayer? By the way, check out the link under my name in post #76 and you’ll see that we actually have elected non-christian presidents.

2teens, since I don’t know anyone in the U.S. that prays to Allah or to Buddah or to Joseph Smith or to L. Ron Hubbard, I was referring to people that pray to God.

And I pray to God that we NEVER get an U.S. President that isn’t a Christian.

Hi Jackie,
    I wish I still had some of my old college textbooks, I would gladly share the info with you… but I am in my 40’s and those books are long gone from my shelves.
    What I do remember is that our country was founded during the Enlightenment period in Europe… when smart folks no longer blindly followed the old notion that the king was divinely inspired (chosen) by God. That is why they came to America and formed a new nation that would NOT be based on any one religion. Which of our founding fathers were Deists you asked? George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, James Madison, Ben Franklin. None of them were Christians, but they believed in a higher power.
    I’m sorry that you feel the need to belittle my comments with insults such as “flapping your gums”. You are the one who began directly questioning me. I am not afraid of a debate, but please try to be mature about it. You seem smart and impassioned about your beliefs so I won’t accuse you of “flapping” anything. Lastly, the LEAST biased website I could find is linked under my name. Click it if you care to. I’m going to bed.

28. Jackie says

What book is that recorded in? I challenge you to name me one “unbiased” book and I’ll read it cover to cover.Give me some names of the men. After all, you must have read this somewhere considering your highly educated. Like I said you have no back up-this is all your opinion. And once again, here we are at square one: you flapping your gums and nothing coming out. Yawn.

29. 2teens says

Oriana, there are many religions that believe in the power of prayer. Not just Christians.
    And if a non-christian president ever gets sworn into office then maybe we would be able to debate that one. 🙂

30. 2teens says

They were Deists. And to answer your other question: no, I don’t have to prove anything either. The facts are recorded in history if you care to look. If you don’t, so be it. It’s not my job to educate anyone.

31. Jackie says

#64-I have nothing to prove- you do. You keep saying all of these things without any proof. You do the research. Then I’ll return your blog.

32. Heather says

#65 – There are American citizens that believe in a “God” different from that referenced by Christians so your statement does not help your case against the doll saying “Islam is the light”.

33. Heather says

Oh, please – like there aren’t enough real threats to our children that we have to waste our time and energy on this bullsh*t.

Adults can’t even make out what it’s allegedly is saying and even if a kid heard the statement that’s being alleged – would they even know what Islam is?

Please. Educate your children about other cultures and quit freaking out. Islam does not equal terrorism. Geez, people.

Sorry, wrote fast, going to run errands, spelled Congressmen wrong, also, I do believe that every January when a new President is sworn in every four years, doesn’t he place his hand on the Bible? I think I have seen that before, and I do think that some of the founding fathers believed in the power of prayer, I don’t think they were praying to a statue.

Many of our founding fathers may not have been Christians, just like many of our Congreemen, Senators, may not be today, that doesn’t mean we are not a Christian nation.

Doesn’t on some of our money say In God We Trust? I wonder why that is if no one believes in him in this country?

37. 2teens says

Or I should say, Christ was the son of God according to Christianity. He was a powerful prophet and is held in high esteem according to many other religions. To Christians, Jesus and God are interchangeable… but as I said, many of our founding fathers were not Christians.

38. 2teens says

Christ is the son of God, Jackie. Almost every religion has their God, and it is NOT the same as Jesus. The US was not founded on christianity and I’m sorry if that offends you. Look it up and you’ll see.

39. 2teens says

Sorry, the US is not a christian nation. That has been repeated so many times by christians that it is assumed to be fact. The founding fathers made no mention of Christ in any document, and if you do some research you’ll find that many of them were not christians themselves, but practiced another religion popular at that time. God is mentioned, yes… but not Christ. The US is what it has always been, a melting pot of different races & religions together.

40. Neda says

I can hear the doll saying “Islam is the light” in that clip….but from the teletubbie doll, i do not hear “Faggot, faggot…bite my butt…” in fact i own that doll and when i press its stomach, it only sounds like that if you are reeeeeeeeeallly TRYING to hear something like that. I think its just babble that if read into by a weirdo could possibly kindaaaa sound like that….but i dont think thats what it is SOPPOSED to sound like its saying.

as for the islam is the light thing…i dont think theres anything wrong with a child hearing that….but i think it is wrong to HIDE any type of message in a toy without letting buyers know about it….in an attempt to brainwash a childs opinion on whatever the topic at hand may be.

41. amy says

So I was at the store today and walked by those dollss and sure enough, they all said it! It is weird cause they dolls are a bit creepy when you have like 6 making sounds when you walk by.

Now Granny, you forgot to add we go to church for the good music and ole time gospel singing! Ha! Hope all is well with you today my friend! I’ll write you a note later!

Good morning ladies!!!!! I don’t think people want to hear about politics or religion on a baby site and I have contributed to it also. Sorry about that! Please let me add one last response on this subject, I have read the Quran and have the utmost respect for it, I have read the Book or Chapter about the teachings regarding the women. However, the Arabic men do not follow these teachings and that is what I have a problem with. Look how the women of Afghan have suffered! It is terrible!

For the young ladies on here, respect yourself, demand and don’t settle for anything less. I know some Muslim men that will not even shake hands with a woman. My friend Medi is a wonderful man and he is an honorable one. I last read the Quaran back in 1988 so need to go back and educate myself more but it was interesting.

Had to laugh about the 12 Prophets, Disciples, etc. The Mormoms have their 12 also. I am glad we can discuss this without being mean to one another but again, this is about babies, the Dolls should be for children to enjoy, not for adults to raise controversy over, and I do not think that Mattel would be stupid enough to cause major problems over. They want to make money, not lose it. Have a nice weekend everyone!

44. Zbella says

We got 2 of these dolls, one for our now 26 month old daughter and one for her cousin when she turned 2. PLEASE. I hear the babble and I hear what people are getting all excited over, but it’s just random babble, not some way of trying to brainwash my child. I love her little cuddle ‘n coo doll, she’s so cute!

45. Niloofar says

SMILE, no matter- in my language it means water lilly
    too.YOUR NAME IS TOO BEAUTIFUL TOOOOOOO:)

46. mehrianne says

Go see the movie Religulous. Gives you a sense of why all religion is BS and only harmful to our world.

12 prophets? 12 disciples? Coincidence? All of these religions are, in fact, the same thing. Religion was inspired by the zodiac/solar system.

It baffles me how ignorant most of the world can be, when we have such a great access to information these days.

47. Smile says

Oh sorry heheh in turkish ur name is spelt as Nilufer, thats probably where im getting it from. It means water lilly in my language. Beautiful name.

48. Niloofar says

SMILE, thank you very much,HONEY, yes I think so.
    surely I am like a good girl…AND I SURELY KNOW THAT
    YOU ARE A GOOD MOTHER TOO.
    p.s my name is niloofAr not niloofEr !!!!!!!!! SWEETHEART

49. Smile says

Niloofer, I like u very much. When u have a child, u will understand me. We as mothers must be good role models and educate our children the best possible way.

p.s u sound like a very good girl

50. Niloofar says

SMILE- I have not a child and I am too young to have.
    maybe because of this I cannot understand what are
    you saying??? but if I explain to my child that, maybe
    he or she gets it badly and dont understand what am I
    exactly gonna to say!!! but surely I will explain about
    all religions to her or him. and say that JESUS was sent
    by GOD like MOHAMMED, to guide us.

51. Smile says

Niloofer, now u are contradicting what u are saying, so what if it says Jesus is the light? You can explain to ur child about Jesus, and he too can be light,,, he is a prophet of Allah aswell. But mohammed PBUH is the last one. Thats all. Please what u are doing is what that lady has done. ( comment from concerend parent.)

YEAH i would be concerened about herself being so ill minded.

52. Niloofar says

#42- I AGREE WITH THAT WE SHOULD RESPECT TO ALL
    RELIGIONS, BUT NOT LIKE THAT TO KEEP A DOLL THAT
    SAYS JESUS IS THE LIGHT, BECAUSE JESUS IS NOT THE
    MOST PERFECT RELIGION,BUT ISLAM IS, AND WE
    SHOULD RESPECT TO ALL RELIGIONS IN OTHER WAYS.

53. Smile says

Alhamdurillah I am muslim. I think its terrible that the parents are making such a huge deal. I have a daughter and if she had a doll saying Jesus is the light, I swear i would not chuck a hissy fit like the parents that have. So what,,, i would happily keep the doll. For being a muslim we are taught to respect all religions… sadly some people are not as educated..

54. Niloofar says

#40-SMILE- ARE YOU A MUSLIM??????????
    I said that his other names are : VALLIASR & GAEM
    and we , (IRANIAN). call him with these names and
    these all are in PERSIAN. they are just
    something like NICKNAME. and all of them means
    the OWNER OF TIME.

55. Smile says

VALLIASR GAEM??

I am Turkish…

ORIANA… its funny u say u own a copy of the Quran but it doesnt occur to you that there is a whole chapter in it dedicated to women, now come on is this a religion of discrimination against woman… me thinks not. If islam degrades woman it would not mention woman at all in its holy book. Coming to ur comment of “I personally think any company that puts out dolls that give these teachings and sayings should be investigated and find out the reason why this is being allowed. I would also feel the same if a doll came… That company would never ever do that.. they will loose money. It is a MIRACLE for you to see the light babe.

56. Niloofar says

#37-SMILE, I TOLD THAT I AM A MUSLIM , OK, AND I
    KNOW ALL THE THINGS ABOUT ISLAM, YOU ARE
    RIGHT. HIS NAME IS MAHDI SAHEB AL ZAMAN
    MEHDI OR MAHDI IS THE NAME AND SAHEB AL
    ZAMAN MEANS THE OWNER OF TIME, AND WE
    CALL HIM WITH THIS NAME MORE THAN THE OTHER
    NAMES LIKE: IMAM MAHDI, VALLIASR, GAEM…
    DID YOU GET SWEETY?????????????????????

57. Niloofar says

#23-ORIANA. I LIKE YOU TOO .BUT,HONEY,BE SURE THAT THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN & WOMEN IN MY RELIGION(ISLAM), THE REAL ISLAM SAYS
    THAT: THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE RACES
    OR MEN & WOMEN, WOMEN HAVE A SPICIAL PLACE IN
    ISLAM.WOMEN HAVE VALUE AND CAUSE OF THIS THEY
    SHOULD PUT ON SCARF… AND IT IS BECAUSE OF THEIR
    HIGH VALUE IN ISLAM.BUT UNFORTUNATELY THE
    PEOPLE THINK THAT ISLAM DONT PAY ATTENTOIN
    TO WOMEN. ORIANA I AM A GIRL AND I AM 15 &
    I REALLY LOVE MY RELIGION,

58. Smile says

Trust me Fisher Price or Mattel whatever the company is would not do this on purpose… for they would loose money so come on…. pahlease. As for NILOOfer what u going on about babe?? #19

Islam teaches that there is going to be a third Anti-Christ, and to save us from him Jesus will be ressurected., at this point of time the people will have a IMAM to turn to to have guidence (imam- is like priest people who arent muslim) his name is MEHDI.. not SAHEB.

but neverless i still wuv u my sister.

59. Smile says

Now how Sad is that comment from that woman,….”I would have never purchased the doll blah blah….” For goodness sake she seems petrified for her child to even hear the word ISLAM and for that reason I pity her and anyone else who has the same mentality. Her thoughts are TOXIC and its people like her that poison the minds of others to have ill thoughts and opinions of muslims, people like that lady cause wars, hatred and evrything evil in this world ISLAM is not evil lady and i FEAR for her child not because she heard ISLAM is THE LIGHT, but I fear for her because she has a TWAT of a mother.

60. mommy-of-two-girls says

LOL, i remember the teletubby doll. the girl i nannied for loved these things and got all 4 of them for x-mas. which was 9 years ago. and we did have that po. her big brother who was 8 at the time thought that the ‘bite my butt’ was the funniest thing ever.

61. Lurker says

All I can really make out is that it does sound like she says “light”..but I can’t really tell the rest of it either. As was posted above, it sounded more like baby-babble to me too.

Oh and my daughter had all those Teletubbie dolls (including Po) when she was little. It did sound like Po was saying something, well, “not so nice”, but I certainly never got (out of the end) what the guy on the video said it was. Personally I always thought it sounded like Po just said “Ma-Ma-Ma”.
    His version of that last part was a stretch,IMO, to say the least!

In any case, I never believed that it was intentional with Po, and I highly doubt something like this was done intentionally either.

I agree that people are always trying to find some conspiracy or something with stuff like this.

And when #8 mentioned that scene in the Lion King..I tried to see S-E-X out of it too but never could find it!
    I also remember Aladdin got something like that too..they were saying Genie said something foul when he was a bee..again, I sure didn’t hear it.
    Now there was that Little Memaid video cover..the original one with the strange looking turret-thing..that was always suspicious looking to ME, but from what I’ve read since, it wasn’t meant to look like what it was said to look like. Just an unlucky drawing I guess.
    But unlucky enough that the new covers sure didn’t have the exact same artwork!
    Wow, guess I’ve got a real collector’s item now! LOL!

Well, my response to everyone is under consideration so have stepped on some toes somewhere.

I will say I agree with Anna, this is a DOLL, and I don’t think it should be used for any religious statements, or political for that matter either.

63. Anna says

#27 said it all!!!!! However, I’d be angry if a doll said “Jesus is the light” too. It’s unfair, and I now know how non-Christians would feel. Doesn’t this violate the constitution?

64. 2teens says

Oriana, you are entitled to your opinion. I just think you might be misinformed, maybe buying into some negative propaganda. I personally do not think that Islam is the light, or Christianity either for that matter. This is my opinion: I will not affiliate myself with any organized religion (Islam, Christianity…whatever) because there is plenty of bigotry, self rightiousness and intolerance to be found. Mainly towards women and gays. By the way, there are millions of anti-gay christians too. And there have been well publicized murders committed by so-called christians against gays, aka “hate-crimes”. Just thought I would point that out to you since you said “muslims have even killed people who are gay”. Regardless, i still think that getting worked up over the doll’s message is a waste of energy because it is not a negative message (if it is indeed saying “islam is the light” at all).

Niloofar, I like you. I don’t think Muslim is the Light because of the lack of respect and equality that it teaches between men and women. I know that Islamic law is against homosexuals, where is the Light in the difference? I see some things that I am totally against. I do like reading the Koran, I see a lot of goodness and understanding from it, but I don’t agree with all of the Islam laws. Surely, you don’t either. That is why I say it is not the Light. Nothing against you or your entitled beliefs at all but some things don’t ring true to me. I am too old and too independent for that! Sorry my Dear!

66. Niloofar says

# 13 & 10- THERE IS NO 12TH PROPHET IN HIDING.
    THERE IS AN IMAM CALLED SAHEB AL ZAMAN IN HIDING,
    AND HE IS THE LAST IMAM, AND ALL THE MUSLIMS LIKE ME ARE WAITING FOR HIM,ONE DAY HE WILL COME
    AND MAKE THE WORLD FULL OF HAPPINESS,IT IS THE
    MOST IMPORTANT THING IN ISLAM.

RAX, I have read a lot about Islam but that is not the same as actually studying it, so No, I have not studied it extensively. I do remember reading somewhere about the 12 Prophets and that the 12th one is supposed to be alive today but in hiding, I didn’t write it, I just read it.

Are you denying about the Islamic stand on homosexuality?

#12, Yes, I have read the Koran, I agree with a lot of the teachings and still enjoy it to this day. I encourage everyone to read it and it is wonderful readings and has some great teachings to follow. I have a copy of The Prophet by Gibran and I enjoy that also.

68. RAX says

ORIANA, YOU COULD NOT HAVE READ THE QURAN!!!!, YOU SAY ISLAM IS NOT THE LIGHT YET YOU ENJOYED READING IT!!!!, AREN’T YOU CONTRADICTING YOURSELF!!!!!!!!

69. RAX says

THERE IS NO 12TH PROPHET IN HIDING, THE LAST PROPHET WAS MOHAMMED & HE PASSED AWAY, WHERE DO YOU GET ALL THIS INFO?!!!!!

70. RAX says

ORIANA, HAVE YOU STUDIED ISLAM?!, & IF YOU HAVE IN WHAT FORM EXACTLY?, MILLIONS OF PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD STUDY ISLAM & BECOME MUSLIM SO YOUR CLAIM IS ABSOLUTE NONSENSE!!!!

Doesn’t the Islam teachings say there is a 12th prophet living today but is in hiding? Why hide if there is so much Light? And also, and maybe I have misunderstood what I have read, for all Gay people, there isn’t any Light, since the Muslims teach against this and have even killed people that are Gay. Has the teachings changed as of late? I haven’t heard about it if that is the case.

I personally think any company that puts out dolls that give these teachings and sayings should be investigated and find out the reason why this is being allowed. I would also feel the same if a doll came out on the market praying to Buddah, any Jewish sayings, any planet Kolob sayings that the Mormoms believe it, it is not right, they are dolls, not religious teachings for children. God knows we have enough of that elsewhere in our everyday life!

Obviously some people have never studied what Islam teaches and their beliefs or they would know it is definitely NOT the Light.

73. 2teens says

I hear the word “light” but I do not hear the word “Islam”. People get so carried away over things like this. When my kids were little there was an uproar over Disney’s Lion King video. The swirling dust supposedly spelled out S E X. Well, we had the video at home and all I ever saw was swirling dust. I really like #2’s comment, and I agree with it. Even if some people hear “Islam is the light”, there is nothing negative in that message so why have a cow over it?

74. UmmYusef says

To reiterate my original post… I am not trying to convert or support any one specific religion. People are free to have their own opinions as well as opinions about the religion itself. Just stop assuming all Muslim are terrorists and that Islam is about terrorism.

And to clarify, if the doll is in fact saying that (which its a serious stretch to assume that is the deliberate message) I do think it would be wrong for a toy company such as Mattel to promote any one specific religion like that were it not advertised as such.

Mattel should know better and I don’t believe their feeble attempt to explain it for a minute. Islam is not the Light and i am sorry if that offends any Muslins. I have a copy of the Koran and have read it and enjoy it, as for the crazy woman that drowned her children, she was not a Christian in my opinion and should have been held accountable, no sympathy from me for her at all.

76. Niloofar says

I really agree with that ISLAM IS THE LIGHT.yeah it is true ISLAM is really the most perfect religion and the best , ISLAM MAKE YOU FREE,you can pray your GOD everywhere
    not just in a church,and not just on sundays.I am a MUSLIM & I am an IRANIAN & I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE ISLAM….
    somebody think that muslims are TERRORIST!!!!! but it is
    completely wrong.those muslims who are terrorist are not
    THE REAL MUSLIMS:)

77. UmmYusef says

I’ve never responded to the 100s of articles and comments such as this. Strange that its such a random unrelated website like this that I finally choose to post my own opinion. Unfortunately, I’m doing this out of frustration and not a soft-hearted approach to guide someone to a better way of thinking. For that, read/watch Colin Powell’s latest interview — a more refined articulation as to what this country should be focusing on.

Uninformed Islamaphobes… please stop using “Islam” and “Terrorism” interchangeably! We are at war with terrorism…. NOT Islam. (A religion that you comment on but obviously know nothing about except false assumptions and hearsay). Every Muslim is not a terrorist. Every Muslim is not of Arab descent. And every Arab is not a Muslim or Terrorist. (on a side note: I believe the woman who drowned her 5 babies in the bathtub did it “in the name of God”. She was Christian. I wonder, does that make all Christians murderers?)

To state that you are fearful simply because your daughter heard the words “Islam is the light” is just silly and narrow-minded. Perhaps it will benefit your daughter to hear such words and later become a more well rounded adult by finding out what the religion is truly about and not following her mother’s misguided teachings.

I am not a Muslim myself so don’t assume this is my poor attempt at proselytizing. I am simply a person becoming more and more ashamed of how some people in this country act out against their own religious beliefs by how they are mistreating people who, in fact, believe in the same God as you do. I guess this is where everyone forgets to treat others as they themselves would like to be treated.

78. pixiedust says

Lol at the tellytubby!!!

But the doll…hmmm I dont hear ‘Islam is the light’ just babble