Nicole Richie & Joel Madden On Parenthood

She purees her own green beans and records her daughter’s every smile in a journal – making her “the best mom I’ve ever seen,” Joel Madden said of girlfriend Nicole Richie.

Nicole and Joel just moved into a new L.A. home after spending the summer touring with Joel’s Good Charlotte band and opened up to People magazine about 9-month-old, Harlow.

Nicole: “Harlow’s a delicate soul. She studies people. She’s very coy. People say that she and I make the same expressions. But everyone says she looks like Joel.”

Joel: “I’m cool with it, as long as she doesn’t look like me in a wig when she’s 16. I like that she looks like me – it’s my get-out-of-jail-free card.”

Nicole (on maternal responsibilities): “I think my sense of self is still the same. But I don’t do things, we do things. I work around her.”

Joel: “Nicole is completely dedicated. I do whatever she tells me to do. I’m cool with that. She’s really good with the baby. I’m really good with finances. All of Harlow’s education and all that stuff, I already have planned.”

Nicole (on marriage plans): “When we get married, everyone will know. It will happen when it happens.

Joel (on having more kids): “If it could be as easy as Harlow, sure.”

I bought this magazine today; I can’t wait to read the interview and look at the spread that is undoubtedly adorable! Harlow is one of my favorite celeb babies. This family is freaking amazing considering their pasts; I always had a soft spot for Nicole, and I’m so glad she’s sane and healthy now.
    Don’t even MENTION the pimping thing. Nicole is a great mother from what I can tell…and it’s undeniable that Suri is pimped out within an inch of her life. LOL…sorry, it’s just fact…obvious.

2. Kay says

If you’re refering to Suri, I disagree. Katie and Suri are always out and about and just happen to have their photos taken constantly. That’s not pimping her daughter out at all. On the other hand when the celebrity gets paid to do an interview or magazine cover with their kid that’s another story.

3. Renee says

Harlow is a beautiful baby. I wll refrain from commenting on Nicole pimping out her daughter. There is one child on this website daily being pimped out, as you say, and it sure isn’t Harlow.

4. ice says

She really loves to pimp her daughter out for spotlight and magazine covers. That’s the only way people will notice her nowadays.

So exactly what impressive resume does this woman have other than being Parasite Hilton’s sidekick? Tell me why she’s a “celeb”?

5. Rachel says

Wow, she even goes as far as to puree her daughter fresh green beans. Such dedication! Give me a break. What is she famous for again..for being Lionel Richie’s daughter? Big deal!

6. Lauren says

Harlow is sooo cute! Nicole and Joel seem to really love being parents. Now, they should try for a little boy. (:

Love, Love, Love Harlow!!! I want her! She is just super adorable. So happy for them, this is such a cutie pie family!

8. accalia says

Harlow is very cute. Nicole and Joel seem like very dedicated parents and parenthood suits them perfectly. They both seem like they have changed a lot since the arrival of their daughter and its a good thing. I really admire the charitable work they are doing for kids as well. Really great family and this is a lovely pic of Nicole and her baby girl.