Laila Ali & Husband Welcome A Son

Laila Ali, 30, and her husband, retired NFL star Curtis Conway, 37, have welcomed their first son together, Laila announced on her Web site Thursday. Curtis Muhammad Conway weighed 6.8 lbs. and measured 19 inches long.

“Although mom and baby are both healthy and happy, there were some surprises during labor that altered Laila’s birth plan,” the statement said.

Laila has no doubts that Curtis – who has twin sons Kelton and Cameron, 13, and daughter Leilani, 9, from a previous relationship – will do his fair share of diaper duty now that baby “CJ” (short for Curtis Junior) has arrived.

During her pregnancy, “[Curtis] picked up a lot of the slack at home,” Laila told People magazine earlier this year. “He’s going to be excellent when the baby comes.”

When Laila revealed to People magazine that she was expecting a son, the proud mom-to-be declared, “This boy is going to be an athlete, definitely.”

Being the grandson of the legendary boxing legend Muhammad Ali and the son of two gifted athletes he will undoubtedly be quite the athlete!

Congratulations!

Splash News Online & Source

Comments

1. Jill says

M- then quit sticking your nose into something you don’t understand. Oh- and you’re jealous. You’d kill for an opportunity to live here and get a good education. The Brits are some of the dumbest people on the earth.

2. M says

Im British, not a dumb American. Oh the fine work- does that include Abu Ghaib as one of your finest moments?
    LOL

3. Jill says

Yes M- You’re right about the last part. I could give a rats a$$ about some people in Pakistan that I don’t even know. I care about myself, my husband, and my son. It’s all about protecting my family and I. Sue me. Did not the democrats even say that there were weapons of mass destruction and even supported going to war in the beginning? Now that we’ve been there for over there for a couple of years they want our soldiers to just Poof!! Come home. You listen to the media too much- you’re naive. Don’t believe everything your little CNN says. It’s all propaganda M. As I have said in my last post, my husband is in the military and he has friends who have been over there that have said that most people are glad we’re there and a lot of good has happened. It’s funny how you’re still here if the U.S is such a bad country. 🙂

4. M says

Oh yes the terrorists in Iraq, oh yes the Weapons of Mass Destructions. Are you completely stupid? Do you listen to and agree with everything your stupid president says. Name one occasion where such things have been found in Iraq. And need I remind you I am not alone in my beliefs- I am no nationalist. But thousands of Americans have left the US to live anywhere but the US. There are American soldiers who have moved to Canada to avoid posting in Iraq.

Take over the world you say. Seven years after the start of the war on terror, occupation has brought misery to Iraq and Afghanistan but as its all to do with the west’s desire to control the oil and other natural resources of the region. They’ll find any excuse any reason, even mentioning its ‘God work,’ to fight in this war.

On 3 September, this year at least 20 civilians were killed when US ground forces attacked a village in Pakistan. In the last week, 38 Pakistanis have been killed in US air strikes. Because yet again they want to get to the ‘terrorists.’ From country to country, and you think terrorists want to take over the world.

So according to you Jill, as long as your white fanny doesn’t get bombed, it doesn’t matter how many ‘other’ people get killed, in order to protect your so called democracy. Where’s the democracy in Guantanamo? Please use your own head and think for yourself.

5. JIll says

M- maybe you should try respecting something that you already know- the soldiers who sacrifice not spending time with their families to go overseas and preserve your freedom to blog such stupidity. I don’t like war as much as the next person, but sometimes it’s inevitable and it’s reality. People like you still have their thumb in their mouth and have this warped thinking that the world loves us and we love the world and we can somehow all get along. The United States is much different than it was 20 years ago. We are fighting to keep terrorists out of our country because they want you and I dead. When are you people going to realize that? They want to take over the world.

6. M says

Oh, and how many celebrities do you know who happen to be humble and quiet.

I dont think he is God at all, he’s a human being. But i respect his beliefs, and his values for not going to war and having to pay for it with his title

7. Jill says

Muhammed Ali was arrogant. Going around saying that you’re pretty, superman, and the greatest in the world is arrogance. People that aren’t arrogant perform quietly and humbly. You get it right M. People have different views of the man- they don’t think of him as a god like you.

8. ROBBIN says

HOPE HER SON LOOKS LIKE HER BECAUSE HER HUSBAND IS NOT A FINE LOOKIG MAN. SHE IS SO PRETTY I SEEN HER IN REAL LIFE AND SHE HAS SKIN LIKE BUTTER SO SMOOTH AND SOFT, SHE WASN’T WEARING MAKEUP AND SHE WAS ONE OF THE PRETTIEST PEOPLE IVE EVER SEEN.

9. M says

Ali was a legend. Get it right ‘Just me’ Rachel said i quote ‘Her dad on the other hand was great.’

Keep him out of it, insecure people like you often confuse confidence with arrogance

10. Rachel says

Not a fan of Laila…a little too big for her boots if you ask me (no pun intended). Her dad on the other hand was great.

Congrats! Love you!

obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama obama