Matt Damon Earns Nickname "Red Alert!"

(Above is an older pic of Matt and Luciana with Isabella)

Not even three weeks after the birth of daughter Gia, Matt says that she is already “smiling.”

He concedes that it could just be gas. “She smiles normally when she goes to the bathroom,” Matt, 37, told People magazine in Toronto Monday night before hosting the annual OneXOne charity gala to fight against child poverty. “That’s natural.”

Gia joins big sisters Isabella, 2, and Alexia, 10.

“I sort of knew what to expect with the third girl,” he said. “But I’m still on high alert all the time.”

Matt is so notoriously nervous, that he has even earned a nickname back home. “They call me ‘Red Alert,’ ” he said. “If any of the kids were near anything close to being dangerous, I would say, ‘Is she touching that?’ or ‘Watch out!’ And the whole family would go, ‘Red alert! Red alert!’ I guess I can be a bit worried sometimes.”

According to Matt’s mom, Nancy Carlsson-Paige, Matt is a hands-on father. “He’s handling everything fine,” she told People magazine. “He’s been very busy changing diapers, doing feedings and nurturing crying babies.”

And Gia is a happy, peaceful baby. “She’s very alert and she seems pensive,” said her grandmother. “By holding her, her energy seems calm and peaceful.”

Splash News Online & Source

Comments

1. myrna says

Matt is very.. very…but very very handsome!! did I mention that he is very very very handsome??

Jennifer Garner doesn’t look much better than Matt’s wife, neither are pretty women. Sorry, that is just my opinion! And I do agree that Harlow is a doll and Dannielynn looks beautiful, always has. Isabella has a sad look about her and looks just like her homely mother.

3. 2teens says

I think the mom is pretty, she reminds me of Camila Alves. And little Isabella is so cute, though I have seen better pictures of her than this one.

4. Peppers says

To Plantlady: I think his wife is unattractive and so is the kid. That’s my opinion. I am entitled to my opinion. And no, Ben didn’t do the same thing as Matt. Ben didn’t pick up some plain jane in a bar and marry her. Shiloh, Suri, Harlow, they’re all much cuter than this one. Why does she have to be cute, because her father is an actor? That doesn’t make them cute. And I hate to tell you but most Hollywood marriages don’t last. The divorce rate in this country is 50% in case you didn’t know.

5. theresa says

i’m sur that matt damon hardly considers his daughter or wife to be sad or plain looking…. geez, meanies!

6. Rachel says

Good for Matt…he obviously doesn’t think she’s beneath him. I’m sure she’s a great person and their little one is a cutie pie.

7. Plantlady says

How can you people say that little girl is “not too attractive” and “very plain looking”?! She’s just a little girl!! Show me a baby that looks like a supermodel…and don’t even start with the Shiloh crap. She’s cute, but no cuter than this little one. Babies need to grow into their looks.

And I think it’s great he found himself a nice normal girl. He grew up as an average joe in Boston and probably likes the fact that she is down to earth and isn’t full of herself. His best bud Ben did the same thing in finding Jennifer (though she’s famous now, she grew up as a normal girl in West Virginia .

I, on the contrary to “Peppers”, think that this is a Hollywood relationship that will actually last……More than I can say for most of them.

8. Peppers says

I still can’t believe he picked her up in a Miami bar. I think he could do a little better than that. She looks old enough to be his mother. Yeah, that kid does look like the mother, not too attractive. Let’s see how long this relationship lasts.

Sad and plain looking little girl, looks just like her mother. I hope the new baby favors Matt. This is a very nice family and I think Matt is a great Dad, they seem very happy together. I think her oldest daughter is very sweet too.