Britney Thanks Her Two Beautiful Boys At 2008 MTV Music Awards

Britney Spears had an amazing, triumphant night at Sunday’s 2008 MTV Video Music Awards, taking home three awards, including Video of the Year.

After a short pre-taped skit with Superbad’s Jonah Hill, Britney, in sexy, sparkly halter dress, walked on stage as her hit “Baby One More Time” blared.

The audience stood and applauded.

“Thank you so much,” she told the crowd. “Thank you for all the love. This is the 2008 Video Music Awards, and it starts right now.”

Britney then playfully stuck out her tongue, and Rihanna hit the stage and performed her hit “Disturbia.”

Britney returned to the stage again to collect her first ever “moonman” for Best Female Video for “Piece of Me.”

“I’m speechless. Oh, my goodness, thank you!” a joyful Britney told the crowd. “I first wanna thank God for blessing me like this. My family … my two beautiful boys for inspiring me everyday.”

She later took home the award for Best Pop Video, saying she was “speechless” and thanking her longtime manager, Larry Rudolph.

She closed out the night by winning Video of the Year.

“I’m in shock right now,” she said. “I want to dedicate this to all my fans.”

Congratulations to Britney!

Splash News Online

Comments

1. Katie C: says

BRITNEY ROCKS!
    WOOO, YOU GO GIRL!
    WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!
    YOUR’RE DOING SO DIFFERENT NOW, FOR THE BETTER, AND THERE’S MILLIONS OF PEOPLE OUT THERE RIGHT NOW WHO COULDN’T BE PROUDER OF YOU.
    KEEP IT UP!
    CANT WAIT TO HEAR YOUR NEW CD COMING OUT SOON!
    WOOOOO 😀

2. Jen says

She looks beautiful. Put any of us in the spot light and I bet our parenting skills wouldn’t appear as perfect as we’d like to believe. Seems like she’s really trying to make a change for the better.

3. Lauren says

I think Britney looked so amazing last night. I was excited when she took home her 3 awards. She was so humble when she won. Go Britney!

4. bj's mom says

#11 i agree….sometimes people hit rough patches in their lives. she did, and i dont doubt for a second that loves her boys so much and did even through this bad year. she’s doing better, thank god, and hopefully its all in the past.

5. Sandra says

She looks great! And yes children are very resilient and the BEST part of it all is those kids will NOT remember what happened to their mother this last year as they are too young to remember! At least the boys can benefit now from a healthy mother that will be more productive in their lives.

6. MommaE says

wow 7 and 8 bitter much???? she looked great-yes she has had a very rough yr and yes her kids went through a lot but everything appears to be back on track and everyone looks happy and healthy. Children are very resilient and the bottom line is that she loves them very much…i am sure they will be fine!

7. laila says

Britneys come a long way and deseves credit for pulling herself together. She will get her life on track and one days have her boys again. When the time is right Britney will get her boys back.

8. Rachel says

This girl doesn’t deserve to have kids. Of course she looks great…she’s a selfish pretentious witch. After everything she’s put her kids through…..this just sickenings me.

9. Kay says

Of course she looked beautiful…you would too if you had millions of dollars! I don’t know why that award is coveted, they give them out to almost anybody.

britney does look beautiful im so proud of her,i thought that she wasent going to come after her VMA 2007 ordeal but she came back and held her head up high it seems like shes putting her bad past behind her and started looking at the feauture im so glad of her she has come a long way she deserves thoses awards.go britney and god bless you and your wonderful family

11. Dnice says

Britney looked beautiful. She was so sweet and gracious when she accepted her awards. Bring on the comeback!

12. Candy says

She does look gorgeous .. i loved that dress more than the other one ….So Congratulations Brit you deserve it & i can’t wait to what will you going to do next