Jennifer Lopez Opens Up About Her Pregnancy

Jennifer Lopez, 39, says she was “selfish” for the first time in her life while she was pregnant with twins Max and Emme, who are now 6 months old.

Midway through her pregnancy, Jennifer had just finished her concert tour with husband Marc Anthony last fall when she told him she needed him to take the reins, she tells Elle magazine in its October issue. “I said, ‘I did the superwoman thing, I finished the tour – now I need you to take care of me,'” said Jennifer.

“‘I love doing things for you; if I’m not cooking, then I’m picking out a shirt. But this is the first time in my life where I’m just going to be a little bit selfish,'” she told Marc, who turns 40 on September 16th. “‘I don’t know if I’m going to have kids again, so I want it to be a beautiful experience. I don’t want to have any drama. I want to just be smiling every day.'”

The actress, who is currently training for her first triathalon, says she and Marc didn’t worry when she didn’t get pregnant right away. “We knew nothing was wrong with either one of us – I had been checked, and he had kids already,” she told Elle. “I knew [that] something’s not ready here, in my head or in my life, and when it is, I know it’s going to happen.”

As for the moment she realized she was pregnant, she reveals, “I was sitting down doing hair and makeup and I felt a flutter. The weirdest little … flourish. My makeup artist said ‘What’s the matter?’ I didn’t say anything, but in my head, I was like, I have life inside me!”

Two weeks before giving birth, Jennifer commissioned a special gift for her husband – a book of photos of herself. Says Lopez: “I was like, ‘How am I going to rock this moment of my life? … I felt very womanly. Marc was in a dream. He loved it.”

Splash News Online & Source

Comments

1. floridagal says

Seriously…..what normal person has the idea and then the balls to commission a picture book of themselves and thinks this is the best way to celebrate new life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Samsmom says

Well if no one else wants a photo book of JLO, at least her husband of all people ought to! 🙂

3. Nicole says

Yeah, everyone DREAMS of a photo album from Jennifer Lopez. Get over yourself; everyone else already has!

4. Just me says

To Elie Taylor, I read in people last week that Felicity Huffman and William H. Macy are participating and a few other stars.
    How did she come up with the same gift? Because it’s the GIFT OF JENNIFER I agree Kara, it’s always all about Jennifer.

5. ELIE TAYLOR says

She gave the same gift to Ben Affleck.. as
    a birthday present.. How ironic is that…

Wonder how she came up with giving the same gift..

Please media find out who she is competing
    with in this triathon..Haven’t heard anyone else
    who is in it..??

6. mommy-of-two-girls says

LOl at the first post. i thought the kids names were a joke when they were first published. couldn’t believe that she would name them after a cartoon.

she really irks me. i wish her children all the best, whit that selfish kind of a mom.

7. Kara says

What a surprise! Jennifer Lopez full of herself as always. It’s always about her. I couldn’t believe her trying to draw attention away from Michael Phelps during the Olympics saying she didn’t know what the big deal was when SHE was training for a triathalon. Get a clue Jen from the Block. It’s not always ALL ABOUT YOU!

8. alice says

Emme wished on a dragon scale,
    And that’s what started Dragon Tales.
    Around the room the dragons flew,
    But Emme and Max knew what to do.
    They climbed on the backs of their dragon friends,
    Now the adventures never end!

Dragon Tales, Dragon Tales
    It’s almost time for Dragon Tales.
    Come along and take my hand,
    Let’s all go to Dragon Land.