Reese Witherspoon Speaks Out Against Domestic Violence

Avon global ambassador Reese Witherspoon was snapped celebrating the company’s first global fund-raising product, the Women’s Empowerment Bracelet, during an event in Sao Paulo, Brazil on Thursday.

The mother-of-two told reporters in Sao Paulo on Thursday, “There isn’t a woman in the world that doesn’t have a friend or a partner who’s actually experiencing some sort of violence against them, so I think although domestic violence hasn’t happened to me personally, I certainly know women who are dealing with this struggle every day.”

“Domestic violence affects women who are famous, who are not famous, women who have money, women who have no money. This is an issue that crosses all boundaries and it certainly affects everyone.”

1. Rachel says

What experience does she have with regards to domestic violence? How can you speak with passion about something you know nothing about? And I’m certainly not going to take her seriously wearing a dress like that (not to mention the tongue between the teeth..trying way too hard to be “cutesy”. IMO I think she is one of the fakest celebrities out there. I think it’s an insult to all women out there who are (or were) victims of domestic violence.

what Reece is doing with regard to violence against women is a vary good thing……so sexy and cute to love the dress girl keep up the good work!!!!

3. Zbella says

Oh yeah, a loser who treats her and her kids like royalty. What a terrible choice – NOT! She’s the best.

I love this girl..she is so amazing, smart and beautiful! I can’t wait for her and Jake to have a baby it will be SO CUTE!!!!
    GO REESE!!!!

5. Amanda says

I am so tired of hearing people complain “This isnt baby news is it?” I mean come on, she is posting about celebrity parents period. Stop nit picking. Get a life or create your own site.

Reese looks like she is made of wax. Too perfect I am totally jealous!
    I don’t think Jake is all that good looking but her ex certainly is!

6. accalia says

I love her but this isn’t exactly baby news is it? Its great what she is doing. She is a wonderful person.

7. Cindy says

I love Reese too, she looks beautiful…Jake is hot too, that’s for sure! I agree, they are a cute couple. 🙂

8. Kay says

While I hate celebrity endorsements, what Reece is doing with regard to violence against women is important and deserves recognition. Reece has it all! She’s attractive-looking, wealthy, has two beautiful children and a very hunky boy-friend, whom she better take off the market or she’s nuts! LOL!