Ricky Martin Welcomes Twin Sons

Ricky Martin is a father to twin boys born via a surrogate, his rep confirmed to People magazine.

“In recent weeks, Ricky Martin became a proud father by the birth of twin sons,” shared.

“The children, delivered via gestational surrogacy, are healthy and already under Ricky’s full-time care,” the rep said in a statement. “Ricky is elated to begin this new chapter in his life as a parent and will be spending the remainder of the year out of the public spotlight in order to spend time with his children.”

The boys’ names and the location of their birth have not been released.

Ricky, 36, is a longtime supporter of children’s causes around the globe through his Ricky Martin Foundation.

Congratulations!

Comments

1. Han says

I’m not saying a single parent cannot raise a child! I know single parents who are brilliant role models and are raising their children very well.
    I just don’t think it’s right to have the intention of being a single parent from the start, it is selfish – thinking of yourself rather than the child.

2. Analise says

Right Han. A single parent can’t possibly successfully raise a child on his or her own. *eyeroll*

3. Zbella says

OK, so single parents like Sheryl shouldn’t adopt. That’s bullsh!t and you know it.
    Congrats to him, GAY or not GAY.

4. Han says

Question marks. I did not state this to be fact, I was asking the question of whether he will purposely be a single parent.

This is selfish, like the pyscho women who lie about being on the pill justo get pregnant and bring the child up on their own because THEY WANT a child.
    I’m not on my high horse. It’s selfish.
    It’s takes two to create a child, two should help raise the child, no?
    I WANT I WANT, what about the childs needs?

5. Analise says

Oh please. Everyone knows Sheryl Crow dates men. Besides, the only thing I question is how she’s doing with that 1 piece of TP rule she has. I question how many brain cells she has, not her sexuality. And I don’t see anyone here saying Ricky Martin will be a bad dad regardless of his sexuality.

6. onatear says

How nice..and let’s hope they are healthy. Let’s hope they also have ONE nurturing female to parent them those very early years.

7. MommaEhehe says

#13 and 14 get off your high horses and lay off on the sexuality comments….I assume you must be good friends with him since you seem to know so much about him and his private matters?? He has been out spoken on child related issues for many years and does wonderful things with his charity-the point re:him being a single parent is just so ridiculous…one good parent is much better than two lousy ones which various Hollywood couples have made quite clear!

8. Han says

So there is no mother figure around??
    Single dad?
    I think this is so wrong, you should not purposely bring children into the world as a single parent.. but then as someone mentioned, 5 or 6 nannies should do the trick. FGS!

Of course he is gay! lol I’m shocked some didn’t know 🙂

________________________________________

Because it is a known fact that he is gay…HONEY
    and it is a known fact that Sheryl ISN’T!

read up on it!

10. NoName says

For all of you who felt the need to question his sexuality, why did you not do so in the pictures below of Sheryl Crow and her son? They both had babies without partners, so why the need to make it negative when it is a man doing it?

11. MommaE says

relax-does it really matter if he’s gay…Who the hell cares??? He certainly has the ability to care for these children and he has spoken about becoming a parent for quite some time now! Maybe he just wanted to do it and perhaps didn’t find the right woman/man-I think we’ve all seen what happens when the two wrong people have children together….Congrats to him!!!!!!

Boy oh boys, he’s going to have his hands full! Twins are not the easiest way to start your parenting career. Although, he likely already has a nanny…or five.

13. Sassy says

Is he really Gay…I have always heard the rumors…
    wow…I wonder how the surrogate looked, she must be beautiful.