Matt Damon & Wife Welcome A Daughter

Matt Damon and his wife, Luciana, 32, have welcomed a daughter.

“Matt and Lucy Damon had a baby girl named Gia Zavala on Wednesday, Aug. 20th. Everyone’s doing great,” Matt’s rep, Jennifer Allen, shared. “She is a healthy baby girl.”

The newest addition joins big sisters Isabella, 2, and Alexia, 10.

Matt, 37, recently joked about living with so many females, telling USA Today, “I’m so outnumbered down here, it’s crazy.”

“I’m taking the rest of the year off,” Matt told USA Today. “I’m just hanging out with my family.”

Congratulations!

Comments

1. GIANNA says

My name is Gianna, pronounced Johna.
    I had no idea until now that the english equivelant of my name is Joanna.

What a terrible day.

2. Holly says

Gia is not a true Italian name. It is the nickname for Giacoma(for a girl) and for Giacomo(for a boy) and should be pronounced Jah. My husband was born and raised in Italy and his mother’s name was Giacoma. Giacoma is equivalent to JoAnn or Jackie in English. Our daughters name is Gia because I didn’t like Giacoma but we still wanted to honor my MIL in some way. We pronounce it Jee-ah. My daughter can’t say her name and she calls herself JaJa…and sometimes we do too.

3. ALICE says

does anyboy know if Gia is spelt like Gaia? that’s my daugther name, it’s for the Earth Goddess. we’re italian, is Gia the english version for Gaia?

4. Kat says

I also think matts wife looks lovely and always does – she is kind and lovely lady – thats why matt married her. THere is no need for jealous comments here. Congrats matt and luciana – another beautiful baby girl!!

5. Marianne says

I think Luciana seems very charming, both in looks and personality. I think it’s refreshing that he has chosen a woman that hasn’t lived in Hollywood all her life, and who seems more down to earth and normal. Personally I think their relationship is going to last because of that.

And how cute isn’t little Isabella? I also love the fact that they don’t drag her around much – that she is seen in public now and again, but for most of the time lives peacefully and privately with her family. No doubt Gia is going to be cute and harmonious as well!

Charming family.

6. Lea says

.2~ I happen to think Matts wife looks lovely in this picture. She’s probably a very nice person too, and I think she and Matt are a perfect couple and have a darling little girl and now their new addition a beautiful little baby girl! CONGRATULATONS! to he and his family.

7. Nicki says

Congratulations to them! Best wishwes for thier newest member of thier family. Pretty name for the baby!