Busy Philipps Names Her Daughter "Birdie"

Actress Busy Philipps and her husband Marc Silverstein are the latest celebs to choose a unique name for their baby.

On Thursday, they announced that they will call their newborn daughter “Birdie.” (Birdie Leigh Silverstein was born Wednesday, weighing in at 9 lbs., 7 oz., according to E! News. Busy is godmother to Michelle Williams’ two-year-old daughter, Matilda.)

Lately, a lot of celebrity parents have been bestowing out-of-the-ordinary names upon their children.

General Hospital star Ingo Rademacher named his newborn son “Peanut.”

Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban settled on “Sunday.”

Jessica Alba went with “Honor” for her little girl.

Chris Martin – father to “Apple” and “Moses” with wife Gwyneth Paltrow – defended odd baby names.

“There’s nothing weird about calling your baby Chewbacca if that’s what you want to call your baby,” he said. “It’s no stranger than Sarah. A name is just a noise, and if you like it, then f–k what everyone else says.”

Busy and Birdie sound really cute together!

Comments

1. Aunt Kellie says

what a ridiculous name!! i know a guy whos nickname is birdie because of his skinny bird legs!! this should only be a nickname! The names people are giving now seem very ignorant to me, because their kids are going to have to live with the ridicule from other kids! Please consider your kids feelings when naming them, its not about your own selfish needs!!!

2. 2teens says

These days it’s “normal” to have an original name. When I look at the kids names in my children’s school I see many unique names and some that were obviously created by the parents. As for kids making fun of a name, hey… they’re going to do that no matter what your name is. Traditional names are just as easy to make fun of as unique names are. Ever heard of Plain Jane & Fatty Patty?

3. Nicki says

Maybe her husband is loves to play golf. A birdie is a great score on a hole, only second to a hole-in-one, and they are almost impossible to aqquire. A different name but one that will sound a bit normal as years pass.

4. Samsmom says

Chris Martin needs to get over himself. Really, someone who names their kid Apple needs to learn not to be so touchy.

5. Blair says

Birdie? Hmmm….not the worst I’ve heard, but on the other hand… I sure wouldn’t want to grow up with that as my own name

6. wondering says

I wonder if that is her given name though….

It says “they will call her Birdie”

I call my daughters Jelly Bean (Jordan), Lovie (Emily), Bubba (Cameron), and Fast Lane (Lanie) …BUT they all have REAL NAMES!!!!

Well after all her name is BUSY
    I mean come on..U know that she was going to pick the oddest name to match hers! I don’t care anymore
    It is their kid that is going to get punish throughout
    grade school, high school and life!

8. mommy-of-two-girls says

i don’t understand why parents name their kids something that is so out there. it’s probably just for attention. they should give their child a somewhat ‘normal’ name and as a nick-name call them, birdie or peanut or apple. give the poor kid a chance.
    but, what do you expect from someone named busy.

9. Ruth says

My mothers childhood nickname was birdie because she whistled all the time. I wish I had thought of Birdie when I was naming my daughter …25 years ago!

hey my name is gerri stevens and im 26 years old i have a beautiful son named henry walter stevens he is 20 months old and im expecting my second son who is due on september 10th his name is gonna be willam thomas stevens..henry cant wait till his baby brother comes lol

11. Sassy says

It’s your Kid, let them name it what ever they want, hey they won’t be coming to me and complaining later.

12. violetsky says

Honor, is not an unusual name, not used a lot in the USA maybe, but not unusual.
    It is a traditional name, my daughter has two Honor’s in her year, along with half a dozen Nell’s

13. Mellow Yellow says

The name “Birdie” is a character from one of my favorite movies. “The Little Foxes”. So of course it gets a thumbs up from me. I personally wouldn’t choose that name for my daughter though.

14. susanna says

Yes fair enough call your child what ever you want and Cris Martins quote ‘F’…. what people think,ok fine l agree, but think of the child growing up, they have to live with that name.