Britney Opens Up About Turning Her Life Around

Britney sat down with OK! magazine to talk about her two adorable sons, her father and the future of her nearly sidetracked career.

Having spent her young life in the spotlight, Britney, 26, told OK! that she hopes her boys steer clear of a career in entertainment. “I’d love them unconditionally if they wanted to,” she explained. “I’d just as soon they have a more normal childhood.

Perhaps some of Britney’s reluctance comes from seeing her little sister, Jamie Lynn Spears, have to face so much public scrutiny over her recent pregnancy. “I was shocked a little bit,” said Britney. “She’s always been the baby, and now the baby was having a baby. It was mind-boggling.”

Britney also told OK! that she wants her boys to be close to her newborn niece. “I’m sure the boys will be like big brothers to Maddie,” she said.

Britney’s downward spiral in recent years ultimately helped to heal her relationship with her parents.

“God has a way of taking something bad and turning it into something good,” explained Britney’s dad Jamie. “If this hadn’t happened, I would never have been able to get back with my daughter and have this relationship I have with these two little boys.”

Britney also has a new album which she expects to hit stores in six to nine months. “I think it is more urban,” she told OK!. “I’m writing every day, right here at the piano in this living room… This is my best work ever.”

For the complete interview and exclusive at-home photos of Britney and her boys, pick up the new issue of OK! — on sale everywhere Thursday!

britney is so beautiful and her boys are so cute i cant believe that sean is turning 3 he is gettin so big and so is jayden

im so proud of her she has come a long way

2. mommy-of-two-girls says

yay for britney. i was rooting for her all along, but honestly didn’t think that she would pull through. so far so good. hope she stays on the right track.
    it’s so nice for the boys to have their mom back.

3. VIOLETSKY says

She needed her daddy, she needed someone to love her unconditionally. It’s just a shame she had to hit rock bottom to get attention. Has any one heard if it was definitely PND that she was suffering from or is she bi-polar.

As long as her father stays in her life she will be okay, I hope she stays on the path she is on now.

5. laila says

I knew she could do it.. you go Britney . She looks great and genuinely happy. Wishing Brit all the best in the future.

6. Sassy says

God Bless you Britany, it’s so good to see you with your Boys… Keep looking ahead, don’t look back you have so much to live for…..

7. Lauren says

Wow, Britney has sure come a long way since the beginning of the year. She’s blossomed under the care of her father. I hope this continues after Jamie’s conservatorship expires. She looks great and her precious boys look happy to be with Mommy again.

8. 2teens says

This sounds very positive for Britney. She definitely has been looking better. I hope it continues once her dad leaves but I am afraid she will always be vulnerable to abusive personalities like that Lufti character.