Clay Aiken & Jaymes Foster Welcome A Son

Clay Aiken, 29, and music producer Jaymes Foster welcomed a son Friday morning, his mother Faye has announced.

According to Faye, Jaymes gave birth to Parker Foster Aiken at the lucky time of 8:08 a.m. on 8/08/08 in North Carolina. Jaymes is Clay’s best friend.

Parker, whose name is his grandmother Faye’s middle name, weighed 6 lbs. 2 oz. and was 19 inches long.

Clay’s mom added that Parker has “dark hair” and that Clay is “smiling from ear-to-ear” about the news.

In May, his rep confirmed that Jaymes was artificially inseminated.

Though they are not romantically linked, Clay and Jaymes plan to raise the child together. The two met when Clay competed on Idol. Jaymes has also produced several of his albums.

Congratulations!

Comments

1. N says

Why do you guys care if he is gay or not…..Why does he have to come out. What does his sexual preference have to do with anything…..His music is good. Thats all you should really care about.

2. Rougelatete says

Is Clay wearing mascara? I’m happy for them, but I really wish Clay would do the gay community a service and come out already. Others have done it and their careers have not suffered. It’s not Hollywood, 1950’s anymore….

3. Lurker says

Congratulations…my youngest son turned 6 today, so I guess now Clay Aiken and I have something in common! 😉

It seems like a little ‘strange’ situation, but I am happy that the two of them found a way to do something they apparently both wanted, and that was have a child.

I loved Clay Aiken’s first album, and I couldn’t care less if he’s gay. But I think #7 was right–he has always been accused of being gay…he must not need to ‘officially’ announce it.
    Besides I guess this birth, and the way it came about, must pretty much bring him out of the closet!

4. Bethany says

I don’t know this guy, so is this picture of Clay, or the woman who was artificially inseminated by him? It’s kind of a feminine looking guy, or a manly looking woman.

5. Madinat says

congrats on the little one!

i came to see if there was any more info on this rather unusual way to start a family….are they dating, partners, etc.?

6. Kelly says

congrats to clay and jaymes my friend had her lil boys on the 8/8/08 and at 8.08 am and 8.18 am

7. oliviadog says

How cool is this?

Two long time friends decide they are ready for a family, but due to circumstances choose not to do it the traditional way.

I congratulate them for following their dreams to be a family in a way that makes sense for them.