Kate Hudson Opens Up About Being A Young Mother

Kate Hudson, 29, opened up about life with her 4-year-old son, Ryder in the September issue of W magazine.

“He’s superathletic,” she shares. “I just signed him up for tennis camp. He’s very good at riding a bike-no training wheels. And he’s skiing! I was at that age too, but not as good as he is.”

Kate was only 24 when she gave birth to Ryder, and the fact that she spent what many would consider their prime Hollywood partying years breast-feeding and packing lunches doesn’t really make much of an impression on her. “Am I gonna look back and say, God, I wish I could have gone to that…that…concert?” she asked, making the same sour-lemon face of disdain she gives repeat costar Matthew McConaughey when he says something particularly idiotic onscreen. “I’d rather be listening to my son sing songs. I’d rather be watching him sleep.”

Awww!

Comments

1. Anne says

Get realistic for heavens sake. The picture doesn’t even look like Kate. It looks like a mannequin or a marble statue. That is what Hollywood is all about. I feel for the children of these dysfuntional movie stars who jump from one guy to another and their kids don’t even have a father figure. Wonder what they will be like 15 years from now????

2. phnxgirl says

I think Kate is gorgeous, but I do not like this picture of her. I think Kate is probably a really good mom. She is young and she likes to be with someone. Problem is she is dating serial daters herself. I mean Lance Armstrong? He left his wife, left his fiancee and has been with at least five women since then!

3. Zbella says

Kate needs to keep her son (and her date’s kids) out of her drama. A child knows when someone is a friend, boy-friend, assistant, etc. And if she’s firing employees or losing friends as fast as she goes through boyfriends, that will also negatively affect her child.

4. Lauren says

It’s understandable that Kate wants to date around considering she was married so young but she shouldn’t introduce Ryder to these men until she’s sure that it’s serious. It could be confusing to him that all these people come and go from his and his mom’s life.

How long she stays in relationships has nothing to do with how much she loves her son!!! Kate has MANY men coming in and out of her life, For all Ryder knows all the guys shes dated could just be friends or employees, bodyguards, assistants etc. So what if she dates!!! shes a 29 year old woman looking for Mr. Right and obviously hasn’t found him yet… and won’t find him unless she looks!!
    I think shes a great Mother, she loves her little boy and would do anything for him!!!__________________

u can think that she is happy all day, but her actions speak louder than her words..If a woman is happy with herself..She would not need to date numerous of men and then parade them around her son. She isn’t thinking about him, she is only thinking about herself
    I think that her having 100 boyfriends were done..she decided to give birth

6. Dee says

I agree with the first post. Must be confusing for the poor kid to have a parade of new people through his life!

7. boo says

8. MommaE says

I really like Kate Hudson!! I think the media is just really protraying her in an awful light. Everyone dates, breaks up etc but just not everyone has to do it in the spotlight..give the girl a break-she really loves her son!