Angelina Jolie's Dad Reveals That "She Wasn't the Kind That Played With Dolls"

Angelina Jolie’s estranged father has expressed his surprise that she became the mother of six young children.

“You know she wasn’t the kind that played with dolls and then all of the sudden she has all of these children,” Jon Voight, 69, said on Fox & Friends Thursday on the Fox News Channel.

“She loves kids though,” he added. “She’s very playful. It’s wonderful.”

Angelina and Brad welcomed twins Knox and Vivienne earlier this month. They join Maddox, 6, Pax, 4, Zahara, 3, and Shiloh, 2.

And how are Jolie’s new twins Knox and Vivienne doing?

“They’re healthy and they’re doing well and I’m so happy,” Jon shared of Knox and Vivienne. “And of course the parents are really happy and over the moon. It’s a wonderful time.”

Comments

1. Blair says

But to Randi #24–He never said she wouldn’t be a great mom! He JUST SAID SHE DIDNT PLAY WITH DOLLS AND SO HE NEVER GUESSED SHE WANTED CHILDREN OF HER OWN. Obviously, people… he was mistaken, but he never insulted his daughter in any way with these statements, I dont think he said anything wrong.

2. Anne says

Charity begins at home and why not start in the States first as there are thousands of children in need of help in many ways. Americans pay your wages and it is only befitting that A and B share it with the needy children because it is the good ole USA IRS that credits them their charity donations.

3. Fly On The Wall says

21. mzfaye | August 3rd, 2008 at 2:41 pm
    obviously the kids are pampered i never see them walking
    *****************************************************

Something is radically wrong with your eyes or your computer.

4. timmy says

I can’t wait to see the pictures who is excited!!!!! I am having a gay ol’ time!!!! I love Brad!

5. mzfaye says

i think it’s sad that because he was banned from her life he has an opinion that she now has all these kids, obviously he won’t be asked to babysit. with as much money that they have i am sure there are nannies and help, and obviously the kids are pampered i never see them walking and so if this is what they wanna do more power to them. maybe jennifer anniston shoulda had a kid and brad would have stayed around. jolie doesn’t seem to let having kids interfere with her career. pitt probably told jolie he wanted tons of kids and she took it literally, LOL. I wish I could have had 8 kids so 6 doesn’t seem like a lot to me. Remember Jolie was adopting these kids on her own and giving Pitt a few for good measure seems like a sweet deal to me.

6. Blair says

Good Golly, people….relax! All he implys is that his daughter never struck him as the type to WANT children. But he doesn’t say he thought she’d be bad at it or anything. He compliements her saying “She’s very playful, it’s wonderful.” He just meant that through watching her as a child, he never got the impression that she would want children…not to mention 6 or more. Who cares? It’s not like he described her as unloving and dark little girl….he just noticed she wasn’t into dolls. So to see her so nurturing to REAL children now is maybe something he just hadn’t expected, but is excited about….thus why he is so anxious to talk about it to people.

7. claudiazz says

This is off the topic, but I just saw a bio on James Dean tonight and in an early screen test I could not believe how much he looked like Brad Pitt. Amazing!! Has anyone else noticed the resemblance?

8. 2teens says

^^^Hee hee! Funny Chloe. 🙂
    Really though, I can see how that could be annoying to Angelina.

9. chloe says

Yes, he better stop spilling these intimate family details. What could be next? She did not like Coco Puffs…..She liked Debbie Gibson, but not Tiffany! Somebody better stop this man before he destroys her!

10. Person close to deal: Jolie-Pitt pix for $14 mil says

NEW YORK (AP) — Exclusive photos of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie’s newborn twins fetched $14 million, a person involved in the negotiations told The Associated Press, giving People magazine and a British tabloid joint rights to publish the most expensive celebrity pictures ever sold.
    The person asked not to be named because he was not authorized to release the figure. People will feature twin babies Vivienne Marcheline and Knox Leon in an issue to hit newsstands Monday, spokeswoman Nancy Valentino said Friday.
    The money – more than double the $6 million People paid for Jennifer Lopez’ twins on a March cover, according to Forbes – will go to a foundation created by Pitt and Jolie that largely focuses on helping children around the world.
    It’s the second time the celebrity weekly won the North American rights to the couple’s first-look baby pictures, and the third time they’ve worked with the two magazines in exchange for a hefty donation to charity.
    “We’re thrilled to be able to feature these pictures in People,” managing editor Larry Hackett said in a statement.
    People will split the bill with London-based Hello! magazine, which has worldwide rights; particulars of the division were not disclosed. People.com will unveil the first photo online Sunday evening.
    Even before the babies were born July 12 in Nice, France, the speculation began over which celeb mag would come out on top of an inevitable bidding war. The couple ultimately chose to go a familiar route with its joint deal between People and Hello!, with Getty Images as the photographer and go-between.
    People ponied up a reported $4 million donation for the U.S. rights to the first shots of their daughter Shiloh, now 2 years old, while Hello! obtained the British rights. And last year, the couple sold intimate shots of their son Pax, then 3 years old, to Hello! and People.
    Getty Images, which was involved in the Shiloh deal, also took part this time around. In a statement, Getty co-founder and CEO Jonathan Klein said his company was “delighted that all proceeds from these stunning images will once again be donated entirely to charity.”
    When People the published six photos of Pitt, Jolie and baby Shiloh in June 2006, the issue moved 2.2 million copies, its biggest seller at the time going back to its 4 million-selling 9/11 special, Media Week reported at the time.
    Jolie, 33, and Pitt, 44, established their foundation that year. They donated $1 million in June to The Education Partnership for Children of Conflict to help children affected by the war in Iraq. Last year, the Jolie-Pitt Foundation gave more than $300,000 to support the International Rescue Committee’s relief program for Darfur refugees.

I like Jon Voight as an actor, I think he is one of the best and was an extremely handsome man when he was younger, still handsome too! I just think even though he didn’t say anything that negative to me, he should keep quiet due to their relationship being shakey. In the past, she made it clear she didn’t like him speaking to the press about her, and you would think, after years of no contact and not being able to see the kids still, he would keep his mouth shut from making any comments, other than wishing her and the children be well and happy. Some people don’t learn and he strikes me as being one of them.

Well, her little girls sure aren’t taking after her, then! Every time I turn around I see a picture of Shiloh holding tight to her baby doll. Let me just say that his comparison was rather amusing; taking care of baby dolls isn’t remotely comparable to having children and babies (take it from me!).

Thanks BJ’s mom…I’ll be sure to check it out @ 7 on Sun. 🙂

13. Cheetah says

Ow please people. he said nothing we didnt knew already.

Did you honestly think that she would be a good mom a few years ago when she was playing with blood, cutting herself or her husband, making out in front of the whole world to see.. She has always been a good actress and a beautiful woman, but lets admit, she wasn’t always a lady or a motherly type.

I think she is the perfect example that shows, people do change! If they want it bad enough.

14. mslewis says

My sister never touched a doll while growing up and was a crazy tomboy. I was the opposite. Now, she’s a wonderful mother of FIVE and I decided at 20 I never wanted children. What a person did in the past almost never has anything to do with their present. People grow up and change.

Besides, exactly how much of Angie’s childhood does Voight remember? According to Angie, he wasn’t around all that much. Angie could have been a nurturing, caring little girl without wanting a doll around.

15. bj's mom says

the twins pics will be on people.com sunday at 7p.m. in case anyone is interested.
    i dont find his comment terrible, but it does sound like he’s suprised she turned out the way she has. i think after the way she was living in the past, we are all a little suprised she is now a mom of 6. people do change tho, they grow up and find out what truly makes them happy.

16. laila says

brittany I think you said it well i feel for him too although there are many in here who reamed me out when I stuck up for him last time because they thought the reason these two don’t speak is because he did something awful to her…so now I am hesitant to take his side..

17. laila says

I agree that it would be great if these two would have a relationship… it sure would be nice.. but I think she doesn’t like him talking to the press about her and it seems to cause a riff between them.
    I personally like Jon Voight and would love to see father and daughter getting along.

18. brittany says

I personally find it sad that a father is being told not to talk about his daughter at a time in their lives when things were good. ..when she was little. In my opinion, he is clearly struggling not having her in his life right. Maybe talking about her makes him feel close to her…whether it make sense to us or not. At this point nothing he says ro does is the right thing. I feel fo the guy as a father and as a grandfather.

19. boo says

I think he is referring to the fact that as a child she never struck him as the type to want many children because she never played with dolls and didn’t seem very nurturing maybe?? Possibly she was very much a Tom Boy and never seemed like the mommmying type as a child! I dunno, just a thought!

As for their relationship, I would hope that some day they will reunite and have a relationship again…. I understand he said some pretty bad things about Angie but I also believe he is sorry for that and wishes to have a relationship with her and her children once again!!

20. linpin says

I’m not sure what playing with dolls and having your own children when you are an adult have to do with one another!? My husband didn’t play with dolls, and he’s a great parent!

21. Alexis says

He needs to stop commenting on anything related to his daughter, specially now since they do not have a relationship. How can she trust him. Every time the media approaches he sings like a canary, can’t seem to shut up. Jolie is a very private person and I’m sure she doesn’t want him talking to the media about her. He just needs to stop commenting about her all together and work on their repairing their relationship. How hard is it to say “No comment” when it comes to his daughter?

22. Alexis says

He needs to keep his mouth shut and stop commenting on Jolie’s life! Hasn’t he learned from the first time when he stuck his foot in his mouth! He isn’t going to “win” her back like this.