Hugging Lion Adorableness!

I may have been the last person to see this, and it may be a bit off-topic, but it was just so sweet and wonderful that I couldn’t resist!

1. Jello says

I bawled my eyes out !!!
    I cry every single time I watch it. That lion loved those owners so much. They must have been so loving to him. It was so beautiful to see the lion so filled with JOY! I did not know a lion was capable of so much emotion. Awesome!!

Thank you Mary for the extra information. This video gives us all Hope, and I think it sends a powerful message of Love and Family. The fact that we do cry shows our hearts are happy and we are still touched by some “goodness” in this world today!

3. Mary says

Just to continue with what others said – Christian is given taken to the reserve (which DOES have crocodiles and WILD lions) to become part of a pride.

Once there, he has to learn to take orders from another older lion named Boy who is being rehabilitated and a cub named Katiana. It works, but Boy is attacked by a wild lion, then a chef leaves the area to look for wild honey, comes across Boy and runs. Boy is shot through the heart because he punctured the chef’s jugular. Katiana is believed to be devoured by crocodiles.

The first time the men return for a visit, Adamson tells them that Christian has not been back for 9 months and that it would be a wasted trip. The men decide to come anyway. Once they arrive, Adamson tells them that Christian and his family arrived the night before and are waiting for them at his favorite rock. The men call his name and that is where the video comes in. Christian is so glad to see them that he even introduces them to his “wife.”

But the men returned a year or two later and saw Christian one last time. This time he had his own family and he was the head of the pride. They said that his other companions were not happy about the exchange, but Christian was still happy to see his former owners.

I bawl everytime I see it. So sweet.

4. Alexis says

Claire, thank you so much for filling me in on the video! Sounds like a beautiful video, I must go to my sisters house and watch this.

5. Jody says

I think this was the sweetest thing I have seen in months!!! It’s rare to see something so heartwarming when you are reading celebraty gossip!

6. Arianna's Mommy says

Okay, I just watched it again, and if you watch the mens faces when the lion first walks up, you can see just how happy they are just to see him, even before the hugs start! before they even know what his reaction will be! I will say it again, it is amazing to witness that kind Love!

7. Arianna's Mommy says

That is the sweetest thing I have ever seen! I saw it before, but there was no sound, the music makes it that much more!!! It is amazing and shows how animals really do remember and love those that show them love too!

8. Nicki says

oriana~now it’s my turn to say awwww! Although I feel like I’m the lucky one. Thank-you for being my friend. (Now let’s all sing………….) We don’t always agree, but we do have a very nice friendship. I’m very apprieciative of having the chance to know you, and I truly enjoy you. I’m glad you are posting again and as you say it is nice without the messiness that once was. It is a nice place again here.

I will try to pop on here and there in the next week, but with two 16 year olds visiting I’ll be lucky I can get on here once or twice,lol. You know teens and the computer. Also we will be out and about here and there, but will be around. Call if you have a minute, I’m thinking the teens also sleep late,lol. Take care sweetie. I will chat with you before Saturday, when I pick them up. XO

9. phnxgirl says

That was so sweet. I am tired of getting stories on animal abuse. It is nice to actually see two loving people with an animal they cared about. Also that song by Whitney Houston makes me tear up anyways. Great video!

Thank you Nicki my Dear Friend! I am thankful for all my friends I have made on here and am glad to be back without all the messiness, I am not ashamed to say though that Nicki is my best friend and I appreciate her very much! Ladies, I’ve been lucky!

11. Nicki says

oriana~that was so cute. I just showed it to hubby about an hour ago. He was awwww how cute. He remembers when we had 9 puppies at one time and NO WAY that would have worked for us,lol. It was very cute watching them all settle in and actually fall asleep. You always send the best videos and emails, Thanks again for remembering me. I will always smile or cry but always pass them along. Keep them coming please!

Hi Nicki! I did cry also when I saw it and it is a precious video indeed! Did you laugh at the one I sent you with the man singing “Goodnight” to the newborn puppies! I laughed at that one, it was sooo cute!

13. Nicki says

This is one of the best videos I have ever seen. I must thank oriana for sending it to me last week. Thank-you oriana! It is beautiful and shows how much animals do love and feel. I tear up everytime I watch it, and the song is perfect with it.

The third man in the video oversees the animals, but the are “in the wild” per say. They aren’t in cages, allowed to run free but somewhat protected.

Simply a beautiful story.

14. Nic says

OMG! Brought tears to my eyes!! These pregnancy hormones don’t really help the situation either though. Thankyou for sharing. Very touching and emotional for me.

15. Susie says

I’ve seen this qutie a few times and it still warms my heart. Animals DO have feelings and DO grow attachments.

16. Claire says

Two men find a lion cub for sale in Harrods, they take it home and raise it but eventually it becomes too big for their flat so they have no choice but to try and introduce it back into the wild, which they do successfully.

Many years later, the men go to meet the lion again and when the lion sees them it runs over and jumps up on them and licks them., seemingly knowing who they are…

17. Alexis says

I can’t seem to play the video, can someone please tell me what the video is about. Thank you.

18. Angelina says

I remember seeing that, and I was amazed at the thought of that.

Amy – to answer your question I am sure it was sent to a game park, or a rehabilitation center to adapt to the surroundings. So I am with you, there is no way the animal was released to the “wild” but I am sure that he was later…

19. Granny says

These two men were interviewed on the Today show this morning. It was true. It also was about 30 years ago.

The two gentlemen who are very middle-aged now I believe still live in London. They said they haven’t seen the lion since the early 70’s. It was a great interview.

20. Amy says

Very adorable, but I have difficulty believing that it is entirely true. If he was completely wild, where did that third man come from? And a wild lioness would never come up to a human like that.